General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Fenice wrote:Idk about Rock and Marvel. Think he was just cast as Black Adam, from DC.

Heard about that. DC game has changed. Can marvel react?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 2:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Its like having the Thunder Cats or He-Man becoming a world wide Cinema phenomena, its great.

Only one I found a massive let down (apart from DC) is Transformers, they've really not got the great feel of the cartoons.

Marvels done it properly, Fox hmmm not bad but should be Marvel standards (Apocalypse was pretty poor) although Wolverines last film was done really well, also like Deadpools.

Its time they they did a thundercat film. And dungeons and dragons.

Good to see a fellow transformer cartoon fan. Films are shit though. Other than Optimus Prime and bumblebee it's hard to tell who is who.

Apocalypse was my best villain as a kid. The film version was so bad though.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 3:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:Oh I’m gonna debate you on the Thor/Captain Marvel front, because Thor had his ass whooped by Sentry pretty handily. He needed a full team. Not gonna discuss Thanos because I don’t want to move ahead of the movies.

That's because everyone has their ass handed to them by Sentry as Marvel tried to turn him into their version of Superman which was lame as fk, Marvel already has heroes who can dunce Superman so why they felt the need to copy & paste was a bit embarrassing.

Also you do know it was Thor who killed Sentry right?

Main point is Cap Marvel loses to Sentry anyway so that doesn't make Cap Marv > Thor?

Silver Surfer & Thor are Marvel's traditional Heavy weights

He killed a child basically while the dark half was distracted by an entire team of heroes... sad argument.

Silver Surfer of what era? He’s gotten whipped and asked for help in countless comics.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Also fair point about Sentry. Didn’t like his introduction at all. Not sure where he falls in the power line at all. They write him like a celestial at times.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Fenice wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:Oh I’m gonna debate you on the Thor/Captain Marvel front, because Thor had his ass whooped by Sentry pretty handily. He needed a full team. Not gonna discuss Thanos because I don’t want to move ahead of the movies.

That's because everyone has their ass handed to them by Sentry as Marvel tried to turn him into their version of Superman which was lame as fk, Marvel already has heroes who can dunce Superman so why they felt the need to copy & paste was a bit embarrassing.

Also you do know it was Thor who killed Sentry right?

Main point is Cap Marvel loses to Sentry anyway so that doesn't make Cap Marv > Thor?

Silver Surfer & Thor are Marvel's traditional Heavy weights

He killed a child basically while the dark half was distracted by an entire team of heroes... sad argument.

Silver Surfer of what era? He’s gotten whipped and asked for help in countless comics.

Silver Surfer since Annihilation has had a power up and beaten Thor, even pre power up Surfer bested Hulk, he can also beat Superman by draining his Sun radiation so he should be able to beat Sentry as well, all depends on what sad c*nt is writing them and if they do their job properly.

Also who did Surfer get whipped by? hero wise only Thor used to smack him around a bit.

Anyway DC always bumps Superman as unstoppable but aside from the Surfer energy drain I'd just ace them with Phoenix, she'd stomp Superb*tch into oblivion.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Basically in any group battle I’ve ever read with him in it he’s basically a messenger and at best on the outskirts of the fray.

Phoenix is a good shout. I’m not sure where I’d classify her honestly. Technically one of the most powerful cosmic forces but sometimes underwhelming. I guess it’d depend on the writer.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Fenice wrote:Basically in any group battle I’ve ever read with him in it he’s basically a messenger and at best on the outskirts of the fray.

Phoenix is a good shout. I’m not sure where I’d classify her honestly. Technically one of the most powerful cosmic forces but sometimes underwhelming. I guess it’d depend on the writer.

The only time she's not almost invincible is with the limitations of its human host, with someone who's not a complete doughnut she's near the top.

She beat Galactus so I think that says it all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm

What are the chances of seeing fantastic four in the MCU phase 4?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Ach wrote:What are the chances of seeing fantastic four in the MCU phase 4?

Depends if the sale gets signed and sealed.

Fk know's what they're going to do with the X-Men though? MCU has already built a whole world, not sure how or if they'll incorp them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Remember playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 back in the mid 00s which was when I first got in to marvel. Dr Doom not thanos was the main villain. They need to get them in the MCU asap.

Also read they were thinking of adding the defenders and agents of shield cast to infinity war. That would've been awesome
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Think Doom is in production.

Fantastic Four has never been one of my favorites, but to do X-Men you’d need Wolverine, as he’s the most important. And what do you do then? Recast? Tough calls are ahead.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Jackman has said he'd have carried on if X Men ever joined MCU
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Fenice » Thu May 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Ach wrote:Jackman has said he'd have carried on if X Men ever joined MCU