Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Covid tried to destroy it but marvel has saved the film industry
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:10 pm

themessiah wrote:These next four months are going to be great.

Shang-Chi.
The Eternals.
Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Venom: Let There Be Carnage.
Hawkeye.
Ms. Marvel.
Even None Marvel Stuff like : The Book of Boba Fett And Dune

Can't wait for Dune and all the Marvel releases, hopefully they haven't fked Dune up, I'm worried for that one, it looks good visually but if they hollywood the story line then its a no go, the story is what makes Dune special and if it doesn't have that then it doesn't have anything.

The one I won't touch is Venom, the character in the comics was great but Sony didn't do a good job for me, they rarely do, again, no love for the subject material just a chance to earn a buck and it comes across in the end product.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:48 pm

Ach wrote:Tickets booked for Shang Chi

Know little about him but most anticipated movie since black widow?

10/10

Have you seen it yet? I just got back from seeing it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:05 pm

Not yet. Working today and the weekend so Monday is first opportunity and that's when I go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

10/10

. Wow!!!!…What a movie, easily one of the best solo films in the MCU, perfectly embodied Chinese culture, and had some of the best action in a marvel movie ever, my only gripe is that it slows down a bit in the middle and suffers from that MCU formula a lil bit: still a 9/10 though. Onto Ethernals.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:51 pm

themessiah wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

10/10

. Wow!!!!…What a movie, easily one of the best solo films in the MCU, perfectly embodied Chinese culture, and had some of the best action in a marvel movie ever, my only gripe is that it slows down a bit in the middle and suffers from that MCU formula a lil bit: still a 9/10 though. Onto Ethernals.

Yes I was thinking 8 or 9/10 but settled on 9/10 for the Ta Lo parts giving it that extra jump.

I thought the bits in Ta Lo in particular were my favourite parts of the movie, it was like a Chronicles of Narnia but a Chinese mythological version, the Dragon in particular was pretty spectacular, always wondered what those Chinese dragons and lions would look like if real.

I do agree Feige has to keep an eye on that formula being overly used but it was a great film, Tony Leung (Mandarin), Michelle Yeoh (Shang's Aunt) and Fala Chen (Shangs mum) in particular were amazing actors.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:16 am

Great movie

Knew nothing about the character and they explained it brilliantly.

No idea how it compares to comics.

Is he really Mandarins son?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
themessiah wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

10/10

Yes I was thinking 8 or 9/10 but settled on 9/10 for the Ta Lo parts giving it that extra jump.

I thought the bits in Ta Lo in particular were my favourite parts of the movie, it was like a Chronicles of Narnia but a Chinese mythological version, the Dragon in particular was pretty spectacular, always wondered what those Chinese dragons and lions would look like if real.

I do agree Feige has to keep an eye on that formula being overly used but it was a great film, Tony Leung (Mandarin), Michelle Yeoh (Shang's Aunt) and Fala Chen (Shangs mum) in particular were amazing actors.

Yeah Agreed!!!. I also don’t think it would be a post credit scene this early if it was fin fang foom even tho its the originator for the rings. I personally think it is a beacon from the multiverse. Maybe someone really powerful like Galactus or The Beyonder from another universe. Shang chia mom does says “your universe” in the movie tbh. With Loki series we also already know Kang exists and also Doctor Doom would be a nice MCU villain to do next. Kang for expanding multi-verse Doctor doom because he wants everything gone . Including the multiverse . Maybe even Galactus for space adventures (Silver Surfer, Kree, Skrull, Brood, Shi'ar, Beyonder). Just find a way to bring FF, ASM, Avengers & X-Men to fight together. But it will not shock me if they would just bring back the Fox Versions of them . Since Marvel own them again. Would But funny just to see Chris Evans Human Torch again lol.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Ach wrote:Great movie

Knew nothing about the character and they explained it brilliantly.

No idea how it compares to comics.

Is he really Mandarins son?

No its a character called Fu Man Chu but they won't use him A) because by todays standards he's seen as a racist caricature and B) The Mandarin is very similar but a better character plus it ties in all of Iron man 1 & 3 with Trevor Slatary being the fake Mandarin.

I know of all the characters and I think it was a good decision, Fu Man Chu is like Mandarin but without the powers etc so I think this adaption is better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:09 am

Eternals next. Venom 2 as well before the big one this Xmas. Spiderman

Seen trailers for all 3 unfortunately.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:18 am

Ach wrote:Eternals next. Venom 2 as well before the big one this Xmas. Spiderman

And Arteta should be gone by then lmfao. Marvel saving cinema and Christmas at the same time . martin scorsese in the mud, It’s time for him to stop yelling at clouds lol.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:53 am

themessiah wrote:
Ach wrote:Eternals next. Venom 2 as well before the big one this Xmas. Spiderman

And Arteta should be gone by then lmfao. Marvel saving cinema and Christmas at the same time . martin scorsese in the mud, It’s time for him to stop yelling at clouds lol.

Eternals looked dull at first in the teaser but their latest trailer is pretty fire, I think its going to be a good one.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:41 pm

themessiah wrote:

Goodfellas > Marvel tbh
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
themessiah wrote:

Goodfellas > Marvel tbh

Nah
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
themessiah wrote:

Goodfellas > Marvel tbh

Taxi Driver, is my favourite movie by him . Then Goodfellas and Raging Bull is third place (Fellas is more entertaining, Raging is probably the better movie), but Goodfellas is so funny it takes second place, then After Hours a sentimental favorite, with Last Temptation. Alice would be in the next tranche, with Mean Streets and maybe King. But Out of all the movies I have seen in my life time. NOTHING comes close to Avengers End Game. Maybe secret wars in few years time. Which everything MCU, Sony verse, Fox X-Men, Fox Fantastic Four , multiverse universe collide maybe that might top it.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Films