I Am Legend

Re: I Am Legend

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Libertine wrote:I didn't think it was very good.
It ain't rubbish, but it didn't get near living up to it's hype.

It seemed to me that a Yank saw the empty London scenes in 28 Days Later and thought: "i fancy doing that with New York".

Now you just hit the nail there, i thought this reminds me of something and u got it 28 days later.

However i did enjoy the film watched it Thursday night, ending was a bit lame though & could have been done better.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Armis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:15 am

It seemed to me that a Yank saw the empty London scenes in 28 Days Later and thought: "i fancy doing that with New York".

Actually, I Am Legend is the father of all the zombie type movies....including 28 Days Later :cool:

I Am Legend is a 1954 science fiction novel by Richard Matheson about the last man alive in a future Los Angeles, California. It is notable as influential on the developing modern vampire genre as well as the zombie genre, in popularizing the fictional concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease, and in exploring the notion of vampirism as a disease. The novel was a success and was adapted to film as The Last Man on Earth in 1964, as The Omega Man in 1971, and again in 2007 as I Am Legend.
Armis
Michael Thomas

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm

TexRed wrote:

Actually, I Am Legend is the father of all the zombie type movies....including 28 Days Later :cool:

I Am Legend is a 1954 science fiction novel by Richard Matheson about the last man alive in a future Los Angeles, California. It is notable as influential on the developing modern vampire genre as well as the zombie genre, in popularizing the fictional concept of a worldwide apocalypse due to disease, and in exploring the notion of vampirism as a disease. The novel was a success and was adapted to film as The Last Man on Earth in 1964, as The Omega Man in 1971, and again in 2007 as I Am Legend.

Sounds like it might be a book worth a read then!
I wasnt aware it was a novel.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Armis » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
TexRed wrote:

Sounds like it might be a book worth a read then!
I wasnt aware it was a novel.

I'm full of useless bits of information :P
Armis
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to Films