Football Movies

Football Movies

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 pm

Does anyone know about any good football movies that are out that maybe I haven't heard of. Any movies about the EPL or European football that didn't come out in the states or wasn't marketed in the states at all. I've heard of one called "Fever Pitch", and I know we have an american movie with the same name, is there one about football too?
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:01 pm

green street and the football factory but there more about fans fighting than anything else but ther are both good films
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:11 pm

Fordy wrote:green street and the football factory but there more about fans fighting than anything else but ther are both good films

Thanks, I'll check em out. Can't go wrong with Fans fighting, thats got to be entertaining.
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 am

'Goal' was strangely a decent movie. Obvious what will happen but still a good film.

Goal II is out now aswell, watched about 3/4 of that one on youtube but not had the chance to finish watching it yet. I'll probably just start it from the begining.

Goal is about a Mexican kid in a poor family, they move to the USA by skipping the boarder when he's a kid. He gets scouted by an ex Newcastle scout and heads off there for a trial despite his family trying to stop him blah blah blah.
Last edited by Yorkyblue on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:14 am

green street was tops , haven't seen and football factory yet

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:24 pm

I thought Green Street was awful.
Hobbits and football violence don't mix.

Football Factory wasn't much better.
The Football Factory trilogy of books by John King (Football Factory, Headhunters and i can't remember the title of the 3rd one) are worth reading though.

Fever Pitch is more of a romantic comedy than a football film.
Again, the book by Nick Hornby is worth reading.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:25 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:green street and the football factory but there more about fans fighting than anything else but ther are both good films

Thanks, I'll check em out. Can't go wrong with Fans fighting, thats got to be entertaining.

The Firm and I.D are more realistic films on football violence.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mikey_gooner » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Libertine wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

The Firm and I.D are more realistic films on football violence.

couldnt agree with you more on that one mate , good read those books and The Firm and ID probably the best football violence films , although the 20 min short film casual life is the best ?
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby REG » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:08 pm

Libertine wrote:I thought Green Street was awful.
Hobbits and football violence don't mix.

Football Factory wasn't much better.
The Football Factory trilogy of books by John King (Football Factory, Headhunters and i can't remember the title of the 3rd one) are worth reading though.

Fever Pitch is more of a romantic comedy than a football film.
Again, the book by Nick Hornby is worth reading.

Green street=shit
Football Factory=excellent
Fever pitch=a great film & sadly yet i haven't read the book from it & it can realate to any football supporters this film as even my Spurs cus loves this film & thinks this should be me :lol: 8) ;)
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Amoo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:01 pm

ID is the best by miles in my opinion. Mean Machine is a good film too but I am sure everyone will have seen this by now.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby insomnia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 pm

Yeah ID was good along with football factory..

I also liked 'The Firm'...
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby REG » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 pm

Amoo wrote:ID is the best by miles in my opinion. Mean Machine is a good film too but I am sure everyone will have seen this by now.

I want to watch the whole of ID & it seemed like a great film when it was on a while back but hasn't got much credit though
GS is the only footie hooly film i hate as the storyline makes me piss myself & the terriable cockney acent that guy has, i would of gone into that much better ;)
MM is great as well & so is the Firm of course
What bout there's only one Jimmy Gimble, anyone rate that??
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:'Goal' was strangely a decent movie. Obvious what will happen but still a good film.

Goal II is out now aswell, watched about 3/4 of that one on youtube but not had the chance to finish watching it yet. I'll probably just start it from the begining.

Goal is about a Mexican kid in a poor family, they move to the USA by skipping the boarder when he's a kid. He gets scouted by an ex Newcastle scout and heads off there for a trial despite his family trying to stop him blah blah blah.

I've seen both, I thought they were great films. Especially if you like a decent storyline to it.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby REG » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:54 pm

I hear Goal 2 involes Arsenal in the CL final which we also lose :roll:
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fallen_Angel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 am

Oh come on, don't be mean to Elijah Wood, I think it's cool that he was in a football film.

I'd like to watch Football Factory some day...xD :lol:
Fallen_Angel
Michael Thomas

Next

Return to Films