Most Overrated Movie/s?

Re: Most Overrated Movie/s?

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:It should have been called Revenge of the Shit if you ask me. In Attack of the clones (by far the worst of all the star wars films) and Revenge of the Sith I was hoping Anakin would die horribly because he was such a whinging little git. I was rather pleased when he got his arse handed to him at the end.

I disagree. Phantom Menace was the lamest. 3 words: Jah Jah Binks.
And I couldn't stand Natalie Portman talking in a stupid accent trying to sound regal for the whole film.
Very very bad casting imo.

We'll have to agree to disagree. None of the prequels were any good imo but Attack of the clones was painful. Jar Jar was quite possibly the most annoying character in the history of films, but at least the Phantom menace had some dialogue, "attack" was just endless over the top action sequences.

I agree about Nathalie Portman though, she is a fantastic actress but she was miscast.

natalie portman is hot in it though, her cleavage is on show a lot, which is always a good thing

thats my input lol
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:It should have been called Revenge of the Shit if you ask me. In Attack of the clones (by far the worst of all the star wars films) and Revenge of the Sith I was hoping Anakin would die horribly because he was such a whinging little git. I was rather pleased when he got his arse handed to him at the end.

I disagree. Phantom Menace was the lamest. 3 words: Jah Jah Binks.
And I couldn't stand Natalie Portman talking in a stupid accent trying to sound regal for the whole film.
Very very bad casting imo.

We'll have to agree to disagree. None of the prequels were any good imo but Attack of the clones was painful. Jar Jar was quite possibly the most annoying character in the history of films, but at least the Phantom menace had some dialogue, "attack" was just endless over the top action sequences.

I agree about Nathalie Portman though, she is a fantastic actress but she was miscast.

natalie portman is hot in it though, her cleavage is on show a lot, which is always a good thing

thats my input lol

plus it was a miscast, instead of all the computerised characters, they should have just used rio as jar jar lol
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:26 am

o another overated movie, the blair witch project. I thought it was hilarious because of the way it was filmed, though some of my mates were shit scared. I mean it seems to be a marmite film you either lvoe it or find it very crap and very funny.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:o another overated movie, the blair witch project. I thought it was hilarious because of the way it was filmed, though some of my mates were shit scared. I mean it seems to be a marmite film you either lvoe it or find it very crap and very funny.

One of my ex's favorite films. I fell asleep while watching it with her. :redface:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

A film I found very Over-Rated was Watchmen...
Sure it was a good film but nothing like what it was hyped up to be,add to that the ending was absolutley shite.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:A film I found very Over-Rated was Watchmen...
Sure it was a good film but nothing like what it was hyped up to be,add to that the ending was absolutley shite.

Agreed. Said as much on the previous page.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fordy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm

i cant be arsed to read all this thread so these might have been covered

Cloverfield was the biggest waist time ever i almost feel like im owed something back from them for the valuable part of my life they stole

And the matriX what a bag of shit that was
Fordy

Postby arseman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Fordy wrote:And the matriX what a bag of shit that was

I loved the first one, unfortunately the sequels were just a crime against humanity...
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabby » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Yeah the matrix was a bag of wank really if you think about it what actually happened. That greasy f***er just appeared everywhere and kicked everyones arse and it was so cheesy and full of shit I couldn't be bothered to follow it.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 pm

The problem with the Matrix was that the first one was so good that everyone started creaming themselves about what the second two would be like, so it was never going to live up to expectations.

Personally, I thought they were ok. Good action flicks, and that's that.

And as I've said before on this thread, I thought Cloverfield was quality, it just takes a few views. Very brave and groundbreaking piece of cinema :clap:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 am

I thought The Matrix was excellent.

Part 2 was very average though and, because of that, i didn't even bother with Part 3.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am

the first Matrix film was ok the other 2 where shocking i meant all 3 together not just the first one
Fordy

Postby Mazinho17 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 am

I agree The Dark Knight was over rated. The Matrix was just a rip off of Descartes meditations.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Fordy wrote:i cant be arsed to read all this thread so these might have been covered

Cloverfield was the biggest waist time ever i almost feel like im owed something back from them for the valuable part of my life they stole

And the matriX what a bag of shit that was

Oh GOD yeah, I forgot about Cloverfield. Biggest pile of cack I've ever seen.
Hugely overrated.
Not sure why the Matrix got a massive cult following either. I watched the first one but by the next day I couldn't remember anything that happened in it. It was instantly forgettable for me.
Personally I don't like films that are just a series of good action scenes with no substance behind it.
You have to give a toss about the characters otherwise it's just boring. May as well go and watch an Arnie film.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 pm

I thought the Departed was a bit overrated. It was an ok film, but just very predictable to me.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Films