General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 05, 2022 9:32 pm

Ach wrote:That's why I watch it on opening day cos there'll always be c****

I need to get back on the Peaky Blinders train

I started a new work position this week so couldn't do it till saturday.

But Kevin Feigie himself wasn't happy with Disney for pumping out so many spoilers apparently, I mean its been pretty bad, I know practically all the surprise characters in the film already .......... I'm just hoping there are some that haven't been spoiled.

How good was the film in comparison to NWH?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 05, 2022 9:42 pm

I've completely stopped watching trailers ever since they f***ked up on civil war

I'll only watch trailers when I'm at the cinema and they come on before the film I'm supposed to watch. The new Jurassic world, Thor 4, Avatar 2 and the new top gun trailers shown today. First 3 definitely watching. Not fussed about top gun

NWH is better I'd say. Easier to follow for sure but this is a very enjoyable movie. Some very exciting moments but nothing that pulled the heart strings whereas NWH hit all the spots
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Thu May 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Ach wrote:Just finished Dr Strange 2

Wow

He might well be my favourite marvel character now

Just got back from seeing Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness and it was great and dark at the same time . A solid 8.5/10. I won't go into detail until Monday since I will be a bit busy till then tbf .
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 07, 2022 10:30 pm

themessiah wrote:
Ach wrote:Just finished Dr Strange 2

Wow

He might well be my favourite marvel character now

Just got back from seeing Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness and it was great and dark at the same time . A solid 8.5/10. I won't go into detail until Monday since I will be a bit busy till then tbf .

Yep same score exactly, 8.5/10.

Agree with Ach also, very good film but doesn't quite pip NWH.

......... and yes, they spoiled way too much in the trailers, took out some of the wow factor as I literally already knew every surprise cameo in the movie before I even got there.

Tbf though the plot line was quite well hidden, that was one thing that wasn't spolied thankfully.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 19, 2022 6:10 pm

About to watch the new fantastic beasts. Know nothing about it. No Johnny Depp :(
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Thu May 19, 2022 9:08 pm

I watched The power of the dog last week. Very unusual film, almost going out of it way to explore strange situations. Watched it to the end as it sort of drew you in and you needed to see the outcome.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Tickets booked for Top Gun: Maverick

97% on RT, can't wait.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu May 19, 2022 9:27 pm

Fantastic Beasts 3.

Better than I thought it would be.

Think it might be best of the 3
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun May 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Everything Everywhere All At Once . It’s Was hands down one of the best movies I've ever seen tbf, not just of this year but of all time. the amount of pure, raw creativity put into that movie was just beautiful. it's not often a piece of media leaves me speechless. A legit 10/10 ffs.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 23, 2022 4:30 am

themessiah wrote:Everything Everywhere All At Once . It’s Was hands down one of the best movies I've ever seen tbf, not just of this year but of all time. the amount of pure, raw creativity put into that movie was just beautiful. it's not often a piece of media leaves me speechless. A legit 10/10 ffs.

........... well I'm going to have to watch it now aren't I.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon May 23, 2022 6:21 am

Rockape wrote:I watched The power of the dog last week. Very unusual film, almost going out of it way to explore strange situations. Watched it to the end as it sort of drew you in and you needed to see the outcome.

Great scenery but god awful movie much like jane campions the Piano, incidentally every time i am in mrs vcc bad books and trying to get back in the good books mrs vcc makes me watch the Piano with her it honestly 2 1/2 hours you will never get back but the company is good,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Tue May 24, 2022 2:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
themessiah wrote:. Everything Everywhere All At Once . It’s Was hands down one of the best movies I've ever seen tbf, not just of this year but of all time. the amount of pure, raw creativity put into that movie was just beautiful. it's not often a piece of media leaves me speechless. A legit 10/10 ffs.

........... well I'm going to have to watch it now aren't I.
. Everything everywhere all at once is top tierrrrr!!! A Must watch!!! Tbf.
Btw..Top Gun: Maverick reviews has shocked me a bit and they are getting STELLAR! Reviews!! Loved the original. I'm definitely a bit surprised but love this positive energy, and thank Xenu that Tom Cruise insisted they did this . Cannot wait to once again feel the need for speeeeeed. Will now book tickets to see it Friday evening tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Sat May 28, 2022 2:26 pm

TOP GUN MAVERICK is fun because it hits most the beats these legacy sequels do, which usually just remind me how much better this was the first time, except MAVERICK is a vastly superior movie than ‘86 in almost every conceivable way. hugely impressive sequel. It is better than its predecessor in just about every possible way, and strengthens the story and characters of the original film. Incredible aerial cinematography and a truly great story create a thrilling, visceral experience. 9/10 tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dc16 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:56 pm

themessiah wrote:TOP GUN MAVERICK is fun because it hits most the beats these legacy sequels do, which usually just remind me how much better this was the first time, except MAVERICK is a vastly superior movie than ‘86 in almost every conceivable way. hugely impressive sequel. It is better than its predecessor in just about every possible way, and strengthens the story and characters of the original film. Incredible aerial cinematography and a truly great story create a thrilling, visceral experience. 9/10 tbf.

Agreed.

I really enjoyed it. Once it got going the final battle was really impressive and kept me on the edge of my seat.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 29, 2022 10:48 am

themessiah wrote:TOP GUN MAVERICK is fun because it hits most the beats these legacy sequels do, which usually just remind me how much better this was the first time, except MAVERICK is a vastly superior movie than ‘86 in almost every conceivable way. hugely impressive sequel. It is better than its predecessor in just about every possible way, and strengthens the story and characters of the original film. Incredible aerial cinematography and a truly great story create a thrilling, visceral experience. 9/10 tbf.

Yeah I saw it yesterday, great film.

Liked it but didn't feel it was necessarily better than the original just an advancing of the story, the 80's one had more raw heart I felt but then that's typical of that era, the era that produced Rocky movies etc, the practical visuals with the planes were amazing especially the new Sukhoi Su-57 Felon enemy planes at the end, the way they can just swing back while manouvering is incredible, showing why the F-14 etc doesn't have a chance against them.

Have to say though it makes you appreciate how good the air stuff was in the original film that it was done 35 years ago and still came out good, but the new film having camera's live in the cockpit is a step forward for sure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Films