General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:49 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Idk it just feels like storylines are going to drag on forever this way.

Well it def is going to dominate phase 4 and phase 5 the way the Infinity Stones did for phase 1 & 2.

There's actually 2-3 story lines sort of linked which have begun and they're definitely going to crash head on in the culmination.

Because I can see where its going and who's involved I know its going to be awsome but yesI agree if Marvel was just going to do the multi-verse forever more it would get silly but it'll end the same way End Game ended Thanos and the stones.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:41 am

Are they going to put Venom in a film and not have it be Tom Hardy?

Fvcking ridiculous if so.

Seems like the symbiote left on the counter is going to bond to someone else.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:02 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Are they going to put Venom in a film and not have it be Tom Hardy?

Fvcking ridiculous if so.

Seems like the symbiote left on the counter is going to bond to someone else.

Yes it looks like it, but I wouldn't crap on the idea, Marvel have a good track record of making good moves if need be.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan at all of Sony's Venom.

Carnage was a mess of a film, souless and cheesey.

There's a quality of film making and understanding how these films should be done that all the other studios don't seem to be capable of doing apart from marvel.

Only Joker and Batman the trilogy were done well, I'll give DC Wonder Woman I as well, the 2nd however was a fudging disaster.
Also how do you fk up the biggest film in your franchise with the Justice League being not only not good but actually difficult to watch.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:26 am

Don't Look Up

Wow
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm

Ach wrote:Don't Look Up

Wow

I lot of people did not understand that..Don't Look Up is a parody comedy .

The movie is truly about the Global Warming argument and makes fun of that movement too.

It's somewhat funny, decent watch tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:09 pm

themessiah wrote:

Wow

The movie is truly about the Global Warming argument and makes fun of that movement too.

........... just watched it.

Another movie the audience relatively liked but the critics panned, why? because the movie is talking about them, the media, and how fkin retar*ded they are and how they're driving the madness of society by dumbing us down, cosying up to the agenda driven political elite and feeding us stupidness on a daily basis.

So yeah, no wonder they have their panties in a wad.

That inventor guy with the white hair is so supposed to be Elon Musk its hilarious.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:48 pm

Didn't expect it to be a comedy. But yeah it's taking the piss.

Ending was sad. Obviously I'll never know until it happens in real life but I expect that to be how it'll end for me
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:30 am

Haven’t been Cinema since Spider-man. Needed a stop gap movie to watch this month…until the big one..The Batman comes out in a 5 weeks: time. Went to see Nightmare Alley last night., fair play too Del Toro tbf .. he really is amongst the best at bringing beautiful and nightmarish stories and characters to life. The cinematography is very good , acting great and direction slick. Despite the story dipping in the 2nd half, it's a truly captivating show. 7.5/10 tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:10 pm

themessiah wrote:

Wow

Reminded me of Dr Strangelove.

Really enjoyed this movie. Perfectly sums up this crazy period.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:39 pm

I’m watching it now and it’s certainly a joke!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:30 pm

Tickets booked for Batman this Saturday.

Cousins birthday so she's gone big for this. Reclining seats and all the works. Let's see how it is

As for the film, heard good things. Unlikely to reach marvel level but should be good for DC film.

Do we need to have watched any of the previous batman films to watch this?

Also is this part of the DC universe?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:29 pm

Ach wrote:Tickets booked for Batman this Saturday.

Cousins birthday so she's gone big for this. Reclining seats and all the works. Let's see how it is

As for the film, heard good things. Unlikely to reach marvel level but should be good for DC film.

. From the review people are saying it the most Gritty, Serious, Detective Batman film is everything a comic book Batman fan can wish for. If you ever read The long halloween, year one or the great Killing joke comics it is a meant to be a mix of all three.
Will be seeing it on Friday night though tbf. DC do better when they develop a character its own singular universe though tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby themessiah » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:48 pm

Ach wrote:Tickets booked for Batman this Saturday.

It is not set or connected with DCEU movies . Difference Multiverse. Like those Arrowerse shows and The Joker universe . The Batman set in its own universe .But the DCEU really needs the upcoming Flash movie do well from them . So we can get a movie adaption of Crisis on Infinite Earths on a few years time. It’s just there. Connects and actually stating it’s DCEU cannon are two different thing. That is why their multiverse makes sense. After flash they will streamline the continuity but certain films like jj abrams superman, the batman, joker and different will be on different earths. But they will be a main continuity. That is how DC's multiverse works.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dc16 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:37 pm

Just got back from opening night of The Batman.

Thought it was great. Totally different from the Bale / Nolan films as it really deals with a lot more in terms of the psychology of Batman and why he is the way he is. Great supporting cast…Farrell was excellent as The Penguin.

Pattinson I thought was a really good Batman. Totally brutal when he has to be and at times unable to control that rage.

Beautifully shot even if it is a rain soaked Gotham city there are some real stand out moments. You can see what is happening in the fight scenes and it’s not all quick edits and cuts.

Only thing I would say is I’m not sure if it is on a level for repeat viewings like Dark knight etc but that’s probably down to the running time. I still came out of it thinking it was a proper cinematic experience as Dune was. I’ve been wanting to see it since the first teaser trailer dropped and I wasn’t disappointed.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 pm

dc16 wrote:Just got back from opening night of The Batman.

Thought it was great. Totally different from the Bale / Nolan films as it really deals with a lot more in terms of the psychology of Batman and why he is the way he is. Great supporting cast…Farrell was excellent as The Penguin.

Pattinson I thought was a really good Batman. Totally brutal when he has to be and at times unable to control that rage.

Beautifully shot even if it is a rain soaked Gotham city there are some real stand out moments. You can see what is happening in the fight scenes and it’s not all quick edits and cuts.

Only thing I would say is I’m not sure if it is on a level for repeat viewings like Dark knight etc but that’s probably down to the running time. I still came out of it thinking it was a proper cinematic experience as Dune was. I’ve been wanting to see it since the first teaser trailer dropped and I wasn’t disappointed.

Saw a new post and was hoping it was a Batman review.

I'm going to try and see it but I'm so busy right now and DC just doesn't do it for me like Marvel does but I do think from the look of it this is the sort of Batman film that's been needed for a while, a closer to the source material type of film so I'm going to try and get to see it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Films