General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Ach wrote:In other news and it could be massive to films fans everywhere

Kevin Feige not happy with Disney with them releasing black widow on Disney plus which cost Scarlett Johansson millions.

Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson's contract and furthermore, the release of 'Black Widow' on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date

My heart bleeds for her.

Someone should start a GoFundMe.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Should've got 50m

Loss of 30m is vast
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:59 pm

Ach wrote:Should've got 50m

Loss of 30m is vast

Walt says otherwise
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:05 pm

She won't suffer admittedly.

But the bigger news is Kevin feige not being happy. He's the one the movie world owes their lives to. They need to keep him sweet ffs.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:13 pm

Emma stone doing likewise for Disney plus releasing Cruella lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 am

I find it hard to believe that neither Scarlett or Emma were aware it was going to be released on Disney+.

How can they be unaware of such a big contractual stipulation worth tens of millions?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Ach wrote:In other news and it could be massive to films fans everywhere

Kevin Feige not happy with Disney with them releasing black widow on Disney plus which cost Scarlett Johansson millions.

Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson's contract and furthermore, the release of 'Black Widow' on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date

My heart bleeds for her.

Someone should start a GoFundMe.

Yeah but that's not the point though is it really, they had an agreement in contract.

Disney the multi billion pound company screwed her out of her entitled millions.

Imagine if someone done you out of millions agreed in contract? her being already rich isn't the point, if anything you could turn that around and say well Disney is now £20m richer because they screwed her, and they're already billionaires.

What they should of done is re-arranged the contract and came to an agreement with her to have a subsidey from Disney+ buys, they didn't so they should pay up in court.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I find it hard to believe that neither Scarlett or Emma were aware it was going to be released on Disney+.

How can they be unaware of such a big contractual stipulation worth tens of millions?

Because when they were making the film it was agreed this was going to be a Cinema release, I read another article where her management team specfically were told this would be cinema only and her contract is for cinema only, if they were going to release it on another medium where she doesn't get compensated, this should of been written into the contract.

What's happened is Disney intended it to be a movie release but then Covid dragged out for so long and they didn't want to risk people not filling up movie theatres and miss out so they opted for Disney+ and some smart fker also would of raised the fact that this will drive up Disney+ market value and stock as well because of that extra bump in subscriptions.

............ they screwed her to make themselves richer, fk them, they need to pony up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:26 pm

If true then Disney are retarded because they will 100% lose the case, that's blatant breach of contract.

Why not just renegotiate and avoid all the drama?

They're going to end up with the same result (having to pay her) but now they're getting dragged through the mud and look deceitful.

Crazy that one of the biggest corporations in the world would choose to go this route.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If true then Disney are retarded because they will 100% lose the case, that's blatant breach of contract.

Why not just renegotiate and avoid all the drama?

They're going to end up with the same result (having to pay her) but now they're getting dragged through the mud and look deceitful.

Crazy that one of the biggest corporations in the world would choose to go this route.

Because when you have Disney money you can buy the best lawyers going and they were probably banking on Scarlett not wanting to crap out of Hollywood, Disney will make sure she never works again more than likely.

Disney are either fronting and taking their chances in court or .......... there's something hidden in the contract wording they feel they can make a play on.

We'll see when the court decision is announced.

PS - The fact that its reported that Feigie is unhappy with how Disney have responded likely means Scarlett is in the right, if the contract had space for a Disney+ release then why would Feige side with Scarlett?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:26 am

Yeah, I saw this is Scarlett's last movie with Disney, probably why they're trying to f**k her over.

They don't need her services anymore.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:05 pm

themessiah wrote:;) TheSuicide Squad DC might be back. This lives up to the hype. Gory balls to the wall action and hilarious throughout. All the actors play the best version of their comic book characters here :biggrin:

Just seen it. Still sitting in the cinema as I type this waiting for an end of credit scene if there is one

DC is back
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Just seen Free Guy is so good y'all!! I haven't had that much fun at the theater in years, Bar MCU movies I clapped, I laughed, I actually I will admit I have never cried almost cried??Everyone did such a good job .But got to ask, was the part where they had Caps shield an Easter eggfor a Deadpool crossover into the MCU and takes the shield to become Captain Deadpool?
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:48 pm

Tickets booked for Shang Chi

Know little about him but most anticipated movie since black widow?

10/10
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Ach wrote:Tickets booked for Shang Chi

Know little about him but most anticipated movie since black widow?

10/10

Yeah I'm going to book tickets now actually, this will be better than Black Widow.

Black Widow, it was a shame, it felt rushed, there was a good story in there about people trafficking and abuse of children but they went way to "Hollywood" and didn't get enough emotion out of the story.

Guess we've been spoilt by the Disney + Marvel TV and their stories being fully dug into.

By the way Eternals looked boring in the first teaser but after seeing the new trailer, looks amazing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:06 pm

These next four months are going to be great.

Shang-Chi.
The Eternals.
Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Venom: Let There Be Carnage.
Hawkeye.
Ms. Marvel.
Even None Marvel Stuff like : The Book of Boba Fett And Dune
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext