General Movie Discussion Thread

Re: General Movie Discussion Thread

Postby dc16 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Coco.

One of Pixar’s recent animated efforts. A beautiful little animated film.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Watching the Marvel films again but this time with the wife who has never seen them before and knows nothing about it.

Finished infinity war couple of days ago and the look of shock and horror in her face as they all vanished was what I expect we all looked like.

Her exact words were at least iron Man is ok. Next film to watch is end game. I don't have the heart to tell her.

Maybe I'll just turn it off and at that bit and say they all lived happily ever after
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Best two movies I watched on Netflix the last few months I highly recommend
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Chris Evans is in negotiations with Marvel to be Captain America again

f**k yes. The world is fighting back. Marvel leading the way
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Dejan wrote:midnight sky

meh

I agree, what a load of rubbish.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby themessiah » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Pixar/Disney's Soul

I really wanted to like it. It definitely wasn't bad by any stretch but I really feel like it just didn't all come together like the other top tier Pixars movies do. God damn tho it's just not fair to other 3D animators how good Disney-Pixar is able to make their stuff look.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:37 pm

Watched Logan yesterday
Not seen any of the x men movies
Worried I would be confused but it stands alone
Has the elegiac quality of an old western
Even has a Shane reference
Very good
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Rockape » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 pm

Just watched Baby Driver on Sky Cinema. It’s a slick bit of work that keeps you entertained all the way through.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:32 am

Ach wrote:Watching the Marvel films again but this time with the wife who has never seen them before and knows nothing about it.

Finished infinity war couple of days ago and the look of shock and horror in her face as they all vanished was what I expect we all looked like.

Her exact words were at least iron Man is ok. Next film to watch is end game. I don't have the heart to tell her.

Maybe I'll just turn it off and at that bit and say they all lived happily ever after

No.

She must feel the pain and become one with the rest of of the Marvel fandom, otherwise she'll be robbed of the experience.

On that note I've watched WandaVision ep 1& 2 and if its going in the direction it looks like it is, could be a cracker.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:39 am

starmandb wrote:Watched Logan yesterday
Very good

Interesting to go in fresh, X-Men has such a big history however you are right, if your going in green Logan is one of the easier ones to go in with.

I don't know if you've seen it but Marvel movies which are good that you can go in green with are imo Captain America - Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Ant-Man.

They're all pretty stand alone, Winter soldier is the best of the 3 and all you really need to know is that Cap was a super soldier in WW II and got frozen in ice and has just been brought back and revived into todays world and joined up with an agency called Shield, the rest of the film explains itself, but its a really good film.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Very good

Interesting to go in fresh, X-Men has such a big history however you are right, if your going in green Logan is one of the easier ones to go in with.

I don't know if you've seen it but Marvel movies which are good that you can go in green with are imo Captain America - Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Ant-Man.

They're all pretty stand alone, Winter soldier is the best of the 3 and all you really need to know is that Cap was a super soldier in WW II and got frozen in ice and has just been brought back and revived into todays world and joined up with an agency called Shield, the rest of the film explains itself, but its a really good film.

I have seen a few marvel movies and enjoyed them generally
Though sometime a
I thought the ‘ it’s got to be bigger it’s got to be better fights at the end.) left me cold and not really caring who won.
Intended to see the x men movies from the beginning ( cast and premise appealed more than most , it must have come out at a time when my kids were too young( not that I wouldn’t go see it if a I fancied it on my own) but I probably was grafting to bring them up and had to compromise nights out ( going arsenal was not being taken off the table) once I had missed the first film I didn’t want to come in half way through.
I will make a point of watching all from the start one day
My son and his partner watched the marvel films in a suggested order
My wife in not averse to doing the same
So one day.....
starmandb

Postby VCC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 am

Moneyball probably my favorite sports movie of all time based on a true story
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:47 pm

starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Very good

Though sometime a
I thought the ‘ it’s got to be bigger it’s got to be better fights at the end.) left me cold and not really caring who won.
Intended to see the x men movies from the beginning ( cast and premise appealed more than most , it must have come out at a time when my kids were too young( not that I wouldn’t go see it if a I fancied it on my own) but I probably was grafting to bring them up and had to compromise nights out ( going arsenal was not being taken off the table) once I had missed the first film I didn’t want to come in half way through.
So one day.....

You should get Disney Plus

Btw on twitter/reddit it is saying that the Show the spoiler
MCU/X MEN FOX universe will clash soon :) :biggrin: :arse fan: :clap:
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Watching the Marvel films again but this time with the wife who has never seen them before and knows nothing about it.

No.

She must feel the pain and become one with the rest of of the Marvel fandom, otherwise she'll be robbed of the experience.

On that note I've watched WandaVision ep 1& 2 and if its going in the direction it looks like it is, could be a cracker.

She was shocked. But she watched WandaVision with me. Both enjoyed it. Never read the comics. No idea what's going on but can't wait for Friday
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:38 am

themessiah wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Very good

Though sometime a
So one day.....

You should get Disney Plus

Btw on twitter/reddit it is saying that the Show the spoiler
MCU/X MEN FOX universe will clash soon :) :biggrin: :arse fan: :clap:

Oh mate
I have so many platforms
I can’t really afford anymore
There are still lots of series I want to watch on Netflix
And I am catching up on films I have either never seen or not seen in a long time
I can’t imagine how I would have been had these lockdowns had happened when I was younger
But as an old bloke the radio times is my best friend
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Films