Last movie you watched

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Phenomena (1985)

Cult classic for a reason.

I pretty much love most of Argento's works.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:45 am

StLGooner wrote:Documentary on Netflix - Bob Lazar - Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Pretty convincing imo. If he's a liar, then he's the best liar in the world.

Ok I just watched it.

I dunno. It's either the biggest conspiracy ever, or Bob is a bit of a fruitcake. To be honest I ended up thinking either might be true.

But as Knapp said, "It's the easiest secret to keep...it's been exposed several times and nobody believes it."

Interesting documentary anyway.
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Ok I just watched it.

I dunno. It's either the biggest conspiracy ever, or Bob is a bit of a fruitcake. To be honest I ended up thinking either might be true.

But as Knapp said, "It's the easiest secret to keep...it's been exposed several times and nobody believes it."

There are some real questions about his education which he could possibly be lying about, but also it isn't so far fetched to believe that the US Govt could try and could very easily erase anyone from existence.

But so far, according to many people Bob hasn't gotten a dime from this. He even went on the Joe Rogan podcast and refused to let them pay for his flight to LA or where that is. The money he received from this doc, he gave all to a science program at a local highschool. So then you have to ask, what would be the point in making all of this up?

I'm still up in the air with it all, but once you start getting into the whole UFO community, there just seems to be too much evidence, and also, now some Govt's are coming out and talking about this stuff, almost to the point of admitting it all. It's crazy man.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Ok I just watched it.

There are some real questions about his education which he could possibly be lying about, but also it isn't so far fetched to believe that the US Govt could try and could very easily erase anyone from existence.

But so far, according to many people Bob hasn't gotten a dime from this. He even went on the Joe Rogan podcast and refused to let them pay for his flight to LA or where that is. The money he received from this doc, he gave all to a science program at a local highschool. So then you have to ask, what would be the point in making all of this up?

I'm still up in the air with it all, but once you start getting into the whole UFO community, there just seems to be too much evidence, and also, now some Govt's are coming out and talking about this stuff, almost to the point of admitting it all. It's crazy man.

I'm a big X Files fan so I had a lot of sympathy with Bob as I watched it. :biggrin:

And that company said they had no record of him working for them but the researchers found out that not only had he worked for them, but he was a star employee!

But yeah the University thing. That's a tough one. But it doesn't mean he was lying about the other stuff.
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 pm

The Kid

Firstly its a charming film. The expressiveness of Jackie Coogan's acting at such a young age is amazing.

Secondly the more I learn about Charlie Chaplin the more im convinced he was superhuman. He wrote, directed and stared in most of his films, including this one. In The Great Dictator he did all that and composed most of the music. And all his films were hugely successful. Incredible

The Kid was made nearly 100 years ago btw
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
UFGN
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:47 am

Angelito wrote:Phenomena (1985)

Cult classic for a reason.

I pretty much love most of Argento's works.

Same. Made his daughter a loon though didn’t he.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Films