Last movie you watched

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 pm

UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Tarantino isn't named because he isn't an obvious choice, not because people are scared to.


Oh here we go

I guess you didn't like Natural Born Killers, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Ingloreous Bastards and Django


Wait, so if I like those films it means Tarantino is the best director of the last 40 years?
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20238
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Tarantino isn't named because he isn't an obvious choice, not because people are scared to.


Oh here we go

I guess you didn't like Natural Born Killers, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Ingloreous Bastards and Django


Wait, so if I like those films it means Tarantino is the best director of the last 40 years?


No that's not what I said at all

He's a contender. A big shout. But never gets a mention.

Kubrick was brilliant.

You have to consider Spielberg

Mike Hodges a personal favourite, as is Ken Loach

Rule of thumb is if you like several of a director's films, of course they're a great director. So many directors only make one good film. Most make none
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17619
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Oh, I misread your post.

Yes Tarantino is definitely up there.

Personally think Inglorious Basterds is his best work.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20238
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Oh, I misread your post.

Yes Tarantino is definitely up there.

Personally think Inglorious Basterds is his best work.


Difficult to disagree with IB being his best. It's such a great film. Christoph Waltz with a stunning performance.

Either IB or Jackie Brown is his best imo
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17619
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Yago » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:25 am

I like all 3 of his first movies better than IB tbh.
Yago
WC Prediction League winner
WC Prediction League winner
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Brid Box - Pretty good.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 33759
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Rockape » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Inglorious Bastaurds was a great film....so chilling right though and as you say Waltz was stunning in it.

HOWEVER, nothing can compare with Pulp Fiction surely? The impact it made for its incredible originality, various story lines and performances was huge and its still very watchable! Some of the scenes are written in film folklore now. Will anyone ever forget The Gimp?
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Rockape wrote:Inglorious Bastaurds was a great film....so chilling right though and as you say Waltz was stunning in it.

HOWEVER, nothing can compare with Pulp Fiction surely? The impact it made for its incredible originality, various story lines and performances was huge and its still very watchable! Some of the scenes are written in film folklore now. Will anyone ever forget The Gimp?


Pulp Fiction is a great film

I spose my only question re IB's credentials would be, how much credit does Tarantino deserve and how much is soley down to Walz

Even QT himself has said he wasn't sure he'd be able to make it until he found Walz. He needed an actor who could convincingly pull off fanatical facist, psychopath, and speak three languages
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17619
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 am

Blackkklansman

Better than I thought it would be

Didn't know it was a true story
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 am

Ach wrote:Blackkklansman

Better than I thought it would be

Didn't know it was a true story


What’s that? Another Marvel film? Not heard of it?
User avatar
Rockape
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:57 am

New spike lee
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12511
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Holiday booked from work for April 26th.

The world awaits.
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia 2

First one is very enjoyable. 2nd one more emotional

And like any good musical, if you watch the films and can't get the songs out of your head then it's done it's job.
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Ach wrote:Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia 2

First one is very enjoyable. 2nd one more emotional

And like any good musical, if you watch the films and can't get the songs out of your head then it's done it's job.


Doooooooooo you hear the people sing
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12511
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

Is that an ABBA song?
Ach
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Films

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest