Donington F1 track simulated

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I hope the plans for this track goes tits-up. I want the British GP to stay at Silverstone.
I wish the f***ing Goverment would co-operate a little, the tossers!
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Donington F1 track simulated

Postby I Could Replace Bergkamp » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm

I like the way in this clip they show plenty of overtaking!

I do disagree with you though, I would praise any idea to get the British GP away from Silverstone it must be one of the worst spectator circuit on the calander, you can see one corner or a bit of straight and thats it. Its a shame Brands Hatch can't have its facilities improved so it can host it again!
I Could Replace Bergkamp
Michael Thomas

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 pm

There will be some carnage at the first corner as they will be up to speed by then.

For those who have never seen it here is the greatest lap ever at Donnington and arguably the best lap in the history of formula 1.

The legendary Ayrton Senna went from fourth to first in the first lap in dreadful conditions (although he drove it like it was dry) and he was driving a Maclaren which was seriously struggling for performance behind the Williams and the Benneton.

The drivers he overtook were Schumacher, Hill and Prost so no mugs either.

Truely tremendous lap.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:47 pm

:hail: Ayrton Senna. A big reason why i'm a F1 fan and a McLaren supporter.

Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Really love the quote :)

There is a new dvd coming out next month called "Ayrton Senna, The will to win" should be a great watch.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby damo1583 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm

God i miss Senna............you kinda forget just how good he was, no driving aids. His entry speed into some of those corners was amazing!!!!!!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Anyways back to Donington hosting 2010 British GP. I hope it doesn't happen.

ICRB, i can't understand why your saying Silverstone is the worst spectator circuit on the calander when there is clearly others that are clearly in a poorer state.

If the goverment wasn't such c**** and invested in Silverstone instead of doing stupid things like building bungalows for gipsies in London, then maybe Silverstone would be better equiped?

The drivers love Silverstone and i for one look forward to that weekend in the year - it's very enjoyable.

The BRDA do the best they can with the money they have in my opinion - and have improved Siverstone greatly in the last few years. It's a shame Berrnie is such a money grabbing t***er as well.

There's only one track that i would see replace Silverstone and that's Brandshatch, but because of safety and size it never will unless the chance the track sightly and thats a no no because it would ruin it.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 pm

I haven't been to either so i couldn't comment on the quality for spectators but i think the main thing is that we have a British GP. It would be awful if we lost it.

Would you mind Donnington getting it for a couple of years so that Silverstone can improve itself back to glory?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Would you mind Donnington getting it for a couple of years so that Silverstone can improve itself back to glory?

I suppose not - only if we was guaranteed for it to come back in a couple of years.

The trouble is that because Silverstone has to find it's own money to improve the track and facilities and to pay Bernie Ecclestone so they can host a GP - if they lost the GP (where they make the majority of their money) how do they raise the funds to do these things?

It's ok for other countries because they have their goverment funding or a rich billionaire Arab funding them.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:14 pm

That is true, i guess i would like the government to see the importance of it all and help out, just a fraction of the olympics bill would help, wishful thinking though.

If Donnington does flop would the FIA allow Silverstone to take it?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Only if Silverstone can stump up the cash - again Ecclestone's being greedy and doesn't give a shit about Silverstone. It's all about money with him - dispite what he claims.

Every year he demands more money and holds Silverstone and the BDRA to ransom.

Every year we get the biggest attendance's in F1 on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yet because we can't compete with places like Bahrain money wise we have no chance.

Don't get me wrong Ecclestone has done wonders for F1 - but he's failing it as far as silverstone in conserned.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby I Could Replace Bergkamp » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:33 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:ICRB, i can't understand why your saying Silverstone is the worst spectator circuit on the calander when there is clearly others that are clearly in a poorer state.

If the goverment wasn't such **** and invested in Silverstone instead of doing stupid things like building bungalows for gipsies in London, then maybe Silverstone would be better equiped?

The drivers love Silverstone and i for one look forward to that weekend in the year - it's very enjoyable.

I'm not doubting that in terms of facilities its above plenty of other tracks around the world and last seasons race was a complete master class from Lewis. But what I meant was how terrible it is from a spectators viewing point, I've been there serveral times to watch various Motorsport and every time you see such a small portion of the track it hardly seems worth it. The drivers may love it, but I'd never pay a penny to go and watch it there!

I went to Spa and sat at Eau Rouge two seasons ago and the view is fantastic. As well as that corner (being arguably the best in Motor Sport), you could see two straight and a hairpin.

I also went to watch the A1GP at Brands Hatch and sat on the pit straight and from there you can see nearly a mile of track. I would recommend this to anyone who want a cheaper version of F1, the racing was excellent!
I Could Replace Bergkamp
Michael Thomas

Postby Cheese » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:33 am

I Could Replace Bergkamp wrote:I'm not doubting that in terms of facilities its above plenty of other tracks around the world and last seasons race was a complete master class from Lewis. But what I meant was how terrible it is from a spectators viewing point, I've been there serveral times to watch various Motorsport and every time you see such a small portion of the track it hardly seems worth it. The drivers may love it, but I'd never pay a penny to go and watch it there!

I fully understand what your say and agree with you but the place sells out for every F1 weekend. It even gets some of the biggest crowds on a Friday and Saturday, something that no other track can boast about.

So what i'm saying is that there are not many people who are not willing to pay. The fact it sells out means it's doing something right.

I went to Spa and sat at Eau Rouge two seasons ago and the view is fantastic. As well as that corner (being arguably the best in Motor Sport), you could see two straight and a hairpin.

I also went to watch the A1GP at Brands Hatch and sat on the pit straight and from there you can see nearly a mile of track. I would recommend this to anyone who want a cheaper version of F1, the racing was excellent!

Hand down brands hatch is the best racing track i've ever been too - i go 4/5 time a year to see all sorts of racing there with my uncle.

Sadly F1 can't make a return there unless the change the track and viewing aspects and like i've said that's an absoulute no no.

Brands hatch needs to stay as it is.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby djaxster » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

Got to agree with all arsenal about Brands Hatch i live about 20 mins away from it and was there for the last F1 Grand Prix when Mansell won 85 or 86 and they reckon over 150,00 peeps were there and you were lucky to see anything. I have been to loads of Touring Car meets which is great as you can walk around the track and find a good spot. One of the reasons why they won't hold F1 there was apparently there are not enough approach roads to handle the traffic but one good point is Biggin Hill is only 8 miles away and they could just chopper peeps in.
But i would not like top see them change the track. i have raced there and its such a fast track and you only need to brake /slow down a couple of times and as a local i know the track inside out and have won many touring car races there( o.k it was on the Playstation but local lad always wins on home track).
Silverstone is not one of my fave tracks Snetterton is my 2nd fav so i think it is about time to let another circuit have ago and one day hopefully come back to Brands.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby I Could Replace Bergkamp » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:10 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I fully understand what your say and agree with you but the place sells out for every F1 weekend. It even gets some of the biggest crowds on a Friday and Saturday, something that no other track can boast about.

So what i'm saying is that there are not many people who are not willing to pay. The fact it sells out means it's doing something right.

I think thats down the amount of MotorSport/F1 fans we have in the UK, I'm pretty sure if they were racing around any other track in the country you'd see just as many turn out over the weekend.

I also don't think there is enough overtaking opertunities, but you could say that about so many tracks they use it is no real argument. Hopefully this years modifications will give us more exciting racing!
Last edited by I Could Replace Bergkamp on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Could Replace Bergkamp
Michael Thomas

Next

Return to Motor Sport