Formula 1 Season 2013 Chat Thread

Re: Formula 1 Season 2013 Chat Thread

Postby Youngie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:15 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Le Chat wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:No Sky next race?

Vettel-Webber difference is 14 points, Webber would have a tie with Vettel and lead the championship if he won this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/race-calendar/

Sorry should of made it clearer. This season the BBC gets half of the races (in a crazy random order),whilst Sky gets all.

Next season Sky - All/BBC - None

That is s***, really disappointing and also makes my tv license a further waste of money as it will mean I pretty much don't watch BBC at all.

Every sport gets hijacked by Sky when it get popular (look at the Premier League). I remember the F1 going between BBC and ITV for a while, back in the day. Just use the link, i don't even have a TV and get to see whatever whenever sports-wise

http://www.viplivesports.eu/
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Nothing wrong in trying to win at all costs

Even like this

Webber wrote:"It's very, very, very hard for Seb to sit there when we are told to bring the car home safely. I turned the engine down and was reassured twice that we would not use the cars against each other. It's very hard for people to understand the situation, they think they know what went on but they don't.

I can't think of any situation like this before. I agree with you that his lack of class turns people off but his overtake is also a massive reason for his loss of fans today. It was one of the most dishonourable things ever done in F1 history.

Good point on the zig zagging and celebrating, that just goes to show he is not really sorry and has no regrets. He is only apologising because of the backlash, or rather his team told him too because of the backlash as he also came out and said that he doesn't care what the fans and media think of him so i doubt he felt obliged to say anything.

It was a general statement Rev. I myself have stated how both had been asked to nurse the car through. in the green room Webber mentioned about ''multi-21'' which means drive no 2[Webber] holds station ahead of driver No-1[Vettel]. this a secret coded message used by Red Bulls when they are bringing cars home towards the end of the race [ Lauda revealed it in an earlier interview to mail]. Vettel completely ignored the team orders and over-took Mark who had no clue about Vettel's intentions. It was completely and utterly wrong of Vettel to overtake Webber.That is crystal clear. All i was saying was that he could at-least controlled some damage by conducting himself with bit more dignity and grace. As i said and as you also agree Vettel's post race apology is farcical simply cos it does not match with his exuberant celebration and statement on the podium.

My apologies AF, I thought you were saying that the move would have been ok if he had been more humble about the win. I think Vettel's personality defects were brought right to the fore here and he may have just leapfrogged Alonso as most hated racer.

One more thing Webber actually yielded on Vettel's final pass despite him having the inside line and let Vettel through the outside.

That may show just how much of a top guy Webber is compared to Vettel. He probably saw Vettel on the verge of taking them both out on the last couple of turns and despite his rage did the best thing for the team and let him through. I can't see how he can still be at red bull next year if Vettel is.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Vettel again proving what a classless scumbag he is.

Disobeys team orders, gives it the big I am afterwards then talks like a weasel to the media. First he says he won't make an excuse (because there is no excuse) then he claims to have misunderstood orders from the pitwall.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Showed he is all for himself and not for the team. There is more to that team than 1 man.

It seems a lot of people watching it prefer the drivers championship but the real importance the constructors championship and he nearly cost them big time.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 am

On another note take away the controversy and that race was rubbish.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:On another note take away the controversy and that race was rubbish.

like a lot of sports the glory days seem to have passed.I would never miss a GP years ago I didn't realise I had missed this one.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Youngie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:32 am

Got £2.50 on Rosberg and £2.50 on Lewis for then win in China, Mercedes look rapid this weekend.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Miss Arsenal » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 am

Alonso, Kimi and Lewis!
Could you have had a better podium finish than these three guys?

Love it!!

:D
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am

Pretty boring race except the last couple laps. Glad Vettel didn't make it, knob end
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zinc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 am

Yeah, the end was incredibly intense but the rest of the race felt a bit empty.

Hate to harp on about the tyres and DRS but half the overtakes we see these days are down to vastly differing conditions for each particular car.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Miss Arsenal » Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Mercedes locked out the front row. Good effort. They don't seem to have the race pace, but overtaking isn't the easiest at Catalunya and pole has been crucial for the eventual victor for the past few years. Can see them finishing anywhere from the podium to the tale end of the points.
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Miss Arsenal » Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 pm

WTF has happened to the Mercedes', literally no race pace, at all. What's the point in a front row lockout if you can't stay there!
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 12, 2013 5:35 pm

It's one of the strangest things I have seen in F1
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Youngie » Fri May 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Monaco GP this weekend. Look like Rosberg will be on pole yet again.

That Mercedes is wicked on a low fuel one lap run, not sure if he can keep it up on the race pace though.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Miss Arsenal » Sun May 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Mercedes just f***ked up Lewis' race, screwed over so hard.

The Red Bulls must have been flying around to get past him during the pit stop phase under yellows, hope the Mercedes protest.
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Sport