Formula One 2012 Season Chat thread

Re: Formula One 2012 Season Chat thread

Postby Git » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Anyone know where I can get a decent torrent of qualifying and the race? One of the residents I support really enjoys F1 and since Sky have f***ked everyone, as usual, he'll only get to watch ten races.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:20 am

Git wrote:Anyone know where I can get a decent torrent of qualifying and the race? One of the residents I support really enjoys F1 and since Sky have f***ked everyone, as usual, he'll only get to watch ten races.

Man, all you UK sports fans should move to the States...

May not get to go to the events live, but we get EVERYTHING live over here. Just sucks after a night of drinking on Friday when Arsenal play early on Saturday and you have to get up at 7:30.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 am

Kimi starting 17th while his rookie teammate starts 3rd...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 am

Grojean out on lap 2 after a bad pass inside by Maldinado...

Mal went wide and into Grojean and tried to force him off, causing contact.

Hulkenberg also out.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 am

Great Drive By Jenson Button today. Great victory. Great start to the season. :1990_dancing.gif:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 am

gzagee wrote:Really really hope for a closer contest this year. Well played Grosjean at Lotus. I want them to have a big year.

Great drive by the Iceman on his first drive back in F1. Grosjean will learn from this experience.
Well played Button although Lewis will feel the team feck'd up again.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Git » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 am

Lewis needs to keep calm and not let this define his season.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:49 am

I don't fault Grojean. I really look forward to watching this kid. Watched many of the GP2 races last year, kid's got talent. Rubens tipped him as the man to watch this season.

All told, looks like we should have a fun season. The drive Alonso put in was quality as well. Maybe the Ferraris are better than then looked in qualifying.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Git wrote:Anyone know where I can get a decent torrent of qualifying and the race? One of the residents I support really enjoys F1 and since Sky have f***ked everyone, as usual, he'll only get to watch ten races.

Sport Lemon had a stream which showed the sky broadcast. Their broadcasting was.... well.. shit! Apart from Brundle, Davidson and Kravitz, everyone else seems unproffesional and .. well annoying especially the silly pitlane girl asking moronic questions.

Sky suck!

Race was pretty boring, McLarens seem very strong, Vettel also. Great win for Button which i'm happy about but i knew he would have enough to ensure the win after he was maturley keeping the gap to lewis during the first half of the race.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:53 am

TV5 watches F1 2k12 aswell, don't think he misses out on many races.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 am

Vettel got ridiculously lucky as per usual. Only he could manage to legally gain places under a safety car. I'd be spitting bullets if I was Hamilton
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 am

Hamilton was woefully off pace when compared to Button. Button's pace after the restart was out of this world. Button with his speed,consistency and his remarkable ability to take them team along in adverse situations has got the team firmly behind him. Hamilton is no more the blue eyed boy of Mclaren. Hamilton's body language in the press conference was disgraceful. He was lying through his teeth when he said he was happy for the team. There is a fine line between being disappointed and disillusioned and Hamilton looked like a disillusioned man to say the least. Hamilton has to pick himself up otherwise Button will destroy him this year.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Hamilton was woefully off pace when compared to Button. Button's pace after the restart was out of this world. Button with his speed,consistency and his remarkable ability to take them team along in adverse situations has got the team firmly behind him. Hamilton is no more the blue eyed boy of Mclaren. Hamilton's body language in the press conference was disgraceful. He was lying through his teeth when he said he was happy for the team. There is a fine line between being disappointed and disillusioned and Hamilton looked like a disillusioned man to say the least. Hamilton has to pick himself up otherwise Button will destroy him this year.

Actually Hamilton looked pissed off on the podium,he comes across as a spoilt brat to me :dontknow:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 am

Button has been through the rough and tough of life early in his carrier. Hamilton expects things to go his way no matter what. Button has mastered the art of taking the rough with smooth. Hamilton looked like a man who has no clue as to where to find his motivation from on the podium.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AustralianArsenal » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 am

elkanofan wrote:

Sport Lemon had a stream which showed the sky broadcast. Their broadcasting was.... well.. shit! Apart from Brundle, Davidson and Kravitz, everyone else seems unproffesional and .. well annoying especially the silly pitlane girl asking moronic questions.

You haven't seen Channel 10/One over here then. They were horrible. About the only decent thing they did was go to the Sky sports commontary feed. The rest of it was adverts and just crap tv with half baked celebs with a bit of car racing chucked in.
During the safety car period they didn't go to a single advert. They went to the adverts as the race went to green.
It seriously would of had to been the worlds worst GP coverage.
AustralianArsenal
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Sport