Formula One 2012 Season Chat thread

Formula One 2012 Season Chat thread

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 am

And we're off...

Early in the first qualifying session and it's looking like things are going to be much tighter this year. No more blown diffuser reducing the rear downforce is showing with drivers getting loose through corners. The Mercs have been quick in practice, Red Bull and Ferrari not pleased with their cars so far, Vettel looking unhappy with his.

Ferrari on the soft tires in Q1! 17 drivers within 1 sec of each other!

Should be a fun year!
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Formula One 2012 Season Chat thread

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:26 am

Wow, Massa finished 17th on soft tires in Q1...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 am

Both Ferrari's are out in Q2! :dizzy:

Not a good start to the year for them.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Hammered Pizza » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 am

So how are people watching this? I'm lucky, invested in a foreign channel satellite. Pick it up via RTL.
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 am

I live in the States.

DirecTV which is a satellite service, but it's on a standard sports package channel. I get every race of the season, all qualifying and the second Friday practice every race weekend on the Speed Channel.

Also get about 90% of the EPL matches every week, 3-4 La Liga games, 3-4 Serie A and 3-4 Bundesliga... and some French games mixed in as well. And during the summer I get the South American leagues. I just set the DVR and spend all week watching football / F1 and a little NASCAR (sometimes) whenever I'm home.

I'm also a bit of an insomniac and don't sleep more than 4-5 hours most days. 3am here now... :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby nassau_gunner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:04 am

Leody wrote:And we're off...

Early in the first qualifying session and it's looking like things are going to be much tighter this year. No more blown diffuser reducing the rear downforce is showing with drivers getting loose through corners. The Mercs have been quick in practice, Red Bull and Ferrari not pleased with their cars so far, Vettel looking unhappy with his.

Ferrari on the soft tires in Q1! 17 drivers within 1 sec of each other!

Should be a fun year!

Yeah stopped watching half way through last year it was so uncompetitive. Hopefully this year provides some exciting racing. Ferrari not looking good to start. They have been shit at the start of the year since schumacher retired.
nassau_gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:10 am

Defiantly going to be an interesting year.

Hamilton
Button
Grosjean <--- in the Lotus
Schumacher
Webber
Vettel
Rosberg
Maldonado
Hulkenburg
Ricciardo
12. Alonso
16. Massa
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby nassau_gunner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 am

yeah i get directv as well saw the last few minutes of qualifying. very impressed with grosjean. Love the fact that schumacher has started very competitively. I'm sure Ferrari will improve, but hopefully they don't take half a year to do so like they've been doing for the past few seasons. love a healthy mclaren vs ferrari battle. the motor sport equivalent of el classico.
nassau_gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:38 am

I am a huge Mclaren fan. Great day today. 1-2 and the car not only looks great is bloody fast too :1990_dancing.gif:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:53 am

Really really hope for a closer contest this year. Well played Grosjean at Lotus. I want them to have a big year.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm

gzagee wrote:Really really hope for a closer contest this year. Well played Grosjean at Lotus. I want them to have a big year.

+1 the Lotus car looks great.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:19 pm

this season should be interesting, just hope it's not pure McLaren dominace as we have seen in the first qualifying. Want there to be a good mix and 3-4 teasm capable of winning races at least.

Not sure how Raikonnen finished 18th and his teammate 3rd :| I'm assuming he's rusty when it comes to planning his qualifying run. Will be interesting to see how well he does tomorrow. Ferrari i think have a car which can be fast if the handling balance issues are sorted. You can see how both drivers are still fighting the car rather than driving it! Mercedez seem a lot better and Red Bull have, well, i'd say been overtaken.

Tomorrow will be intreging but i feel as if the McLarens will run away with it. Victory for Lewis i'd say.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 pm

The Ferrari's look shocking, what the hell have they been doing?

Really hope the McLarens get the better of Red Bull this year. Hate Sky for taking half the races off the BBC
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Ferrari took the gamble of going radical and it hasn't paid off. I am afraid it is not just the balance issues that the team is suffering from but an inherent lack of downforce. The outright grip is just not there. They still have not understood the car fully and they are too far off the pace. Unless they come up with something dramatic which i seriously doubt it is going to be between the Mclaren and Red Bull with Lotus and Mercedes surprising here n there. Ferrari wanted to take a big step forward by going for a revolutionary change of approach and it has backfired. The ban on Exhaust blown diffuser has hurt Red Bull badly and looks like they have not come to terms with it fully. Mclaren clearly look like the team to beat now. I am hoping for a 1-2 tomorrow with Button coming up on top..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:16 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:The Ferrari's look shocking, what the hell have they been doing?

Really hope the McLarens get the better of Red Bull this year. Hate Sky for taking half the races off the BBC

They gambled like Fanatic said and it's not paid off at all! There was a lot of very downbeat talk during pre season about it. Still think if they can sort out the handling so the car isn't freaking out as much as it is now, they can salvage something maybe, it's clear they are too far back to mount a serious challenge however. I'm happy mercedez look like they could something serious this year. they been promising this for 2 seasons but failed, they seem better now!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to Motor Sport