Formula One 2011 Season Chat thread

Re: Formula One 2011 Season Chat thread

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm

But the BBC makes some of the best programmes in the world, ITV is a joke of a broadcaster. I'm not happy either but it's not the BBC's fault the great big festering goliath that is BSkyB has charged in and outbid them is it? You can't compete with a company who has millions of idiots paying extortionate prices to help fund the monopoly
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Futuo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:47 pm

But our BBC has the money it just chooses to waste it elsewhere. Bit like if AW decided to buy a diamond encrusted Range Rover for 50m rather than spend it on players, we'd be within our rights to be a tad miffed.

ITV of late is improving, some cracking dramas they are churning out.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Maldonado should be banned for a few races for that.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:16 pm

I think that Latin blood went overboard there from Pastor. I know haimlton is aggresive and barges into people but there's no need for that whatsoever!

Bruno Senna take a bow! Brilliant qualifying from him. Always knew he was a good driver!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Artemis8 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:21 pm

elkanofan wrote:I think that Latin blood went overboard there from Pastor. I know haimlton is aggresive and barges into people but there's no need for that whatsoever!

Lewis sounded and looked visibly shaken. If it was intentional Pastor needs to be excluded from the race :naughty:
Artemis8
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 pm

5 place grid penalty for Maldonado is a joke, for the first time in ages F1 doesn't take safety seriously.

elkanofan wrote:
Bruno Senna take a bow! Brilliant qualifying from him. Always knew he was a good driver!

I want him to do well. He has expectation because of his name and because he bought his seat at Renault he has given himself even more to prove as he didn't earn it like other drivers. There will be alot of pressure on him but he obviously has no problem with it. Brazil has awesome f1 tradition.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:5 place grid penalty for Maldonado is a joke, for the first time in ages F1 doesn't take safety seriously.

That is a joke indeed. He should have been banned for a least a race or two!

Reverend Gooner wrote:I want him to do well. He has expectation because of his name and because he bought his seat at Renault he has given himself even more to prove as he didn't earn it like other drivers. There will be alot of pressure on him but he obviously has no problem with it. Brazil has awesome f1 tradition.

Despite this 'buying the seat' thing, this guy has been long overdue a seat in formula 1, he was really good in Gp2 etc.. Was promised a seat i think in 2009, it never happened! When he finally got in, he was given the piece of shit Hispania. He and Chandhock did well last year in that really poor car, good experience also getting settled into formula 1.

His talent is evident. Petrov has been faster than Heidfield most of the season and despite the limited amount of time in the car compared to the two main drivers he was consistently faster than Petrov in a recent test.

I hope he wins races and gets a seat at a really good competitive car. looking forward to tomorrow. Yeah, i think he thrives on his name, he see's it as a responsibility to carry on the dynasty of senna!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Futuo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 am

How many races do you want Lewis banned for re him clattering into yet another car?

Bit gobsmacked Webber has a new contract, Di Resta would make a great No.2 at Red Bull until Mercedes can land Vettel.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 am

The tag line My way or Highway suits Lewis perfectly . He simply cannot drive the car without clobbering in to
someone these days.He is a fast driver no doubt ,but he has to keep his petulance in check . Why can't he learn a
thing or two from his team-mate about race-craft .Jenson managed to get a podium out of nothing last weekend ,
while Lewis screwed up yet again from a very good starting spot . Jenson may not be as fast as Lewis over a
single lap , but he knows when to attack and when to nurse his car . Both are brilliant drivers . Lewis may be
slightly quicker, but Button definitely is more wiser .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Artemis8 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Lewis could win this. If he keeps his cool and doesnt have a blip
Artemis8
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Button to win.. U heard it here first
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Futuo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 am

If it is changeable weather then yes Button would be my punt too.

Last season the Merc engine had more oomph than the Renault, not sure if that is still the case. The Mclarens have run higher downforce config at low downforce circuits (quicker on corners but slower on straights) wonder if they do same at Monza.
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 pm

That was the crappest, most uneventful qualifying in ages, half the cars didn't even bother finishing the final lap. They didn't finish it for good strategic reasons but still it was undramatic to watch. I hope the race is better tomorrow although it will probably be a Vettel blitz. I respect him but still....... yawn.

There is potential excitement with the Alonso/Button fight.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Another good race,

vettel is too good! Way too good, yes he has the best car but many others have had the best car but never f***ing perfomed with such robot like consistency. Also consider the talented around him (Alonso, Button, Hamilton, Schumacher etc..) The guy is top class.

Still not sure if he can win throught the back like those i mentioned but the guy is a seriously talented driver! Your a fool if you do not respect him
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Artemis8 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:01 pm

vettel :angry:
Artemis8
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Sport