Formula 1 season 2021 chat thread

Re: Formula 1 season 2021 chat thread

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:40 pm

It’s bullshit IMO, Hamilton got a 10 second penalty (which meant nothing in the end) for causing a much worse crash. Max was racing hard but I think at worst it was 60/40 his fault today.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Santi wrote:It’s bullshit IMO, Hamilton got a 10 second penalty (which meant nothing in the end) for causing a much worse crash. Max was racing hard but I think at worst it was 60/40 his fault today.

It wasn't much worse Santi - and in that incident, Hamilton was about 3 inches short of level.
This time Max just went crazy - I suspect he saw it as some form of revenge. Emotion got th better of him.
He's too dangerous.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Good to see NZ McLaren back winning races
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Zenith wrote:

:lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rockape » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Santi wrote:It’s bullshit IMO, Hamilton got a 10 second penalty (which meant nothing in the end) for causing a much worse crash. Max was racing hard but I think at worst it was 60/40 his fault today.

It was a very poor decision by Verstappen, he was pipped to the line into the bend that everyone else in the entire race went in single file or bailed out over the corner and then gave the spot back to the car the had undertaken. He simply drove into an an area he shouldn’t have and took out Lewis.

#clearcut
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:01 pm

He's fighting for the world championship and was alongside Lewis. Hamilton had half the track on his right and could've given him room to avoid such an issue.

Silverstone was worse
Bottas taking out half the field was more stupid a race later
This was a 50/50 for me and some of the pundits trying to suggest Max did it on purpose is just stupid.

He would've benefitted from the race going to the end anyway, he's been better than Lewis all season when he doesn't get taken out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:06 pm

He's fighting for the world championship and was alongside Lewis. Hamilton had half the track on his right and could've given him room to avoid such an issue.

No he couldn't, at no point in the race did two cars go side by side into that corner, because it narrows to on car width. He knew he'd been beaten to the corner and went in regardless, cause he was angry from his 11 sec pit stop. Thats why he got a grid penalty, which I called immediately.

No question he's the man to beat this year, but that incident shows he's still got some growing up to do.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm

What do you mean no he couldn’t? Are you saying it was impossible for Hamilton to move to the right to avoid a crash? Whether you think Max was wrong for pushing that hard or not, Lewis could’ve accommodated it to save a dangerous incident but he didn’t either because he wanted Max to back the f**k off after a bad pit stop himself.

So I guess the old champ has some maturing to do as well because he should’ve taken the safer option and complained about Max’s move afterwards if he didn’t like it. God knows he does enough complaining on the radio anyway :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Are you saying it was impossible for Hamilton to move to the right to avoid a crash?

Why would he move to the right and let Max pass him? He was first into the corner and the obvious thing to do for Max, was to concede......but he wasn't going to do that because he was driving through the red mist.

Its no good whining about it Santi, the Stewards agree and thats the end of it! :biggrin:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Rockape wrote:
Are you saying it was impossible for Hamilton to move to the right to avoid a crash?

Why would he move to the right and let Max pass him? He was first into the corner and the obvious thing to do for Max, was to concede......but he wasn't going to do that because he was driving through the red mist.

Its no good whining about it Santi, the Stewards agree and thats the end of it! :biggrin:

I'm not whining I'm disagreeing with you and for that matter, the stewards who seem very fond of Mercedes :)

First time you said he couldn't move and you make Max out to be some crazy immature driver yet the guy with over 10 years experience would rather have his car beached in the dirt than move over and probably get the place given back if he actually lost it.

I simply disagree that Lewis couldn't have done something to prevent it, regardless of you thinking it's all Max's fault for making the move. As I said originally, it probably was more Max's fault than not (hence 60/40) but I don't think it's a clear cut as you are making out. Certainly all the pundits on the day, bar one, felt it was just a racing incident and they weren't expecting the stewards to come down on either side.

It was stupid all round but I think Max would've benefitted had the race carried on, so it really didn't work out for him and now he has a penalty on top. Hopefully it doesn't affect the championship come the end of the season.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Santi wrote:
Rockape wrote:

I'm not whining I'm disagreeing with you and for that matter, the stewards who seem very fond of Mercedes :)

First time you said he couldn't move and you make Max out to be some crazy immature driver yet the guy with over 10 years experience would rather have his car beached in the dirt than move over and probably get the place given back if he actually lost it.

I simply disagree that Lewis couldn't have done something to prevent it, regardless of you thinking it's all Max's fault for making the move. As I said originally, it probably was more Max's fault than not (hence 60/40) but I don't think it's a clear cut as you are making out. Certainly all the pundits on the day, bar one, felt it was just a racing incident and they weren't expecting the stewards to come down on either side.

It was stupid all round but I think Max would've benefitted had the race carried on, so it really didn't work out for him and now he has a penalty on top. Hopefully it doesn't affect the championship come the end of the season.

Max is heading down the wrong path - it's going to end in tears if he doesn't reign it in.
It's fine being an aggressive driver but Max seems to have the mindset that everyone should get out of his way and avoid him.
Sooner or later a driver like that comes across another driver who simply says 'f**k off'.
That is what is happening.
I watched the incident a few times and yes, both drivers were at fault in my view (max was further alongside than I thought he was). But, it's always Max - ever since he burst on the scene. A good driver is not simply speed and braun. He needs to engage his brain. He's racing arguably the greatest F1 driver of all time for the championship and he expects him to yield to his aggression? Not going to happen.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:49 pm

Another racing incident for me, same as the one a few weeks back
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Dejan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Rockape wrote:
No he couldn't, at no point in the race did two cars go side by side into that corner, because it narrows to on car width.

Yes there was. Norris and Hamilton went side by side through that corner. And in that case Hamilton gave the space to norris, which he didnt to Max. However, its a racing incident. But I can see why max got the grid peno

Shouldnt be made bigger than it was imo. CAlling max immature and shit is just dumb. The man has made a very very good mental progress over the last 2 years. And the interviews afterwards from both drivers were very professional.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:20 am

Mercedes are such scumbags sending Bottas to the back of the grid to block Max. They are so scared :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Sport