like feature

Logging in issues, general problems with the forum, or make a suggestion. We are always ready to listen!

like feature

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 pm

i think the site should have one, maybe a dislike feature too.

there is one on another forum i have and in fairness its very good.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: like feature

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:41 pm

It might work on a small forum like this, but there are just too many problems with it that could arise.

Current system works fine imo. Not perfect but more than good enough
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:50 pm

Dislike buttons just seem passive aggressive to me (and you can be sure certain members would automatically dislike each other's posts).

Plus, if someone doesn't agree with a post, it's more beneficial to the forum if they actually write a response explaining their stance - it means more content and differing opinions.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Dislike buttons just seem passive aggressive to me (and you can be sure certain members would automatically dislike each other's posts).

Plus, if someone doesn't agree with a post, it's more beneficial to the forum if they actually write a response explaining their stance - it means more content and differing opinions.

Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Dislike buttons just seem passive aggressive to me (and you can be sure certain members would automatically dislike each other's posts).

Yeah. Quoting someone's post and writing +1 or 'This.' or the GOAL emoji works fine, and still allows you to add on afterwards.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:32 pm

I've seen like/dislike buttons have had a detrimental effect on forums in the past, it's just ont the way forward.

Thank/like buttons are more suited to file sharing community forums than to places like GW where actual discussions are being held.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Return to Suggestions & Feedback