Dark Mode

Logging in issues, general problems with the forum, or make a suggestion. We are always ready to listen!

Dark Mode

Postby Jedi » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:10 pm

Is there any way to implement Dark mode on the forum?

All my social media, apps, windows and everything else is on dark mode and the moment I open this website I feel like I've been flashbanged
User avatar
Jedi
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:01 am

Jedi wrote:Is there any way to implement Dark mode on the forum?

All my social media, apps, windows and everything else is on dark mode and the moment I open this website I feel like I've been flashbanged
Tapatalk
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Diomande--Gabriel/Diomande/Kiwior--Hincapie/Timber
Rice/Palhinha/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/Onana
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
Havertz/Sesko
User avatar
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 40826
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:04 am

Jedi wrote:Is there any way to implement Dark mode on the forum?

All my social media, apps, windows and everything else is on dark mode and the moment I open this website I feel like I've been flashbanged


I've finally found a solution for this if anyone else is interested. It's a browser extension called "Dark Reader"

Here's how the website looks with it enabled:
Image

It's a life saver if you're like me and you're used to sitting on your computer in a dark room.
User avatar
Jedi
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:31 am

I swapped to the Edge browser recently in an effort to stay away from Google.
Has built in dark mode too- only works for mobile though.
Might look for that extension
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 27886
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:09 pm

I feel honoured that one of my posts were screenshot by Jedi.

I know I have arrived now :)
User avatar
theHotHead
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21229
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Dark Mode

Postby 22-0 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:16 pm

Edge prob the worst browser in existence.
User avatar
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6453
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:49 pm

If you have Brave Browser on Android, it has a setting under the Appearance menu to set dark mode.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13250
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Dark Mode

Postby Jedi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:I swapped to the Edge browser recently in an effort to stay away from Google.
Has built in dark mode too- only works for mobile though.
Might look for that extension

Microsoft Edge is practically a carbon-copy of Google Chrome. It's Chromium-built as are most browsers these days (Brave and Opera included). If you really want to get away from Google, Mozilla Firefox is the only decent browser I can think of that isn't build on Google technology.

I use Edge on my computer, but it's primarily because I don't want Windows to pester me every two minutes about how I should be using Edge when it's the exact same browser as Google Chrome.
User avatar
Jedi
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month
 
Posts: 8542
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Dark Mode

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:40 am

Its certainly an ideal option for those forum users in their basement flats! :sneaky2:
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa when not in Surrey

Re: Dark Mode

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:08 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:I swapped to the Edge browser recently in an effort to stay away from Google.
Has built in dark mode too- only works for mobile though.
Might look for that extension

Microsoft Edge is practically a carbon-copy of Google Chrome. It's Chromium-built as are most browsers these days (Brave and Opera included). If you really want to get away from Google, Mozilla Firefox is the only decent browser I can think of that isn't build on Google technology.

I use Edge on my computer, but it's primarily because I don't want Windows to pester me every two minutes about how I should be using Edge when it's the exact same browser as Google Chrome.



Chrome is based on Chromium, which is open source now.
I am OK with Chromium - the Google 'enhancements' to make Chrome are not in it.
There are still Google elements in Chromium versions, but many can be switched off so it they don't communicate with Google servers.

Halfway house i suppose.
User avatar
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021
 
Posts: 27886
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm


Return to Suggestions & Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest