rugby league season 2009

rugby league season 2009

Postby ozgooner » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 pm

well then it's just about time for league season to kick off here in oz . again i will attempt to rate the teams for this season ........

THE STAND OUTS -

MANLY SEA EAGLES - hard to go past last years premiers and current world club champions , may struggle during representative games as they will have so many players out .
MELBOURNE STORM - 3 minor premierships and 3 grand finals in a row speaks for itself , can never discount them .
NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS - could be the cowboys year . astute new coach in neil henry . have the games best halfback in jonathon thurston and a more than handy hooker in aaron payne .
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS - look to have good mix of pace and power , and it would a brave man to discount them as a genuine force this season .
BRISBANE BRONCOS - endured a large player turnover and have a new coach but the key ingredients remain intact . if the pack holds firm their world class backline could deliver them yet another premiership .

THE DARK HORSES -

ST.GEORGE/ILLAWARRA DRAGONS - have former broncos mentor wayne bennett in charge , is this enough to deliver their long suffering fans that premiership they have been waiting for , for decades
CRONULLA SHARKS - have recruited well , but picked up a few crucial injuries in the trials .awesome defensively .
SYDNEY ROOSTERS - ageing pack entering their twilight years . lost a lot of quality players from last year and didn't get many in for this year .
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS - my beloved knights missed out on a finals berth by one game last year . the loss of our insprirational captain/hooker danny buderus will be felt but have a more than capable replacement in isaac de gois . imposing home record should see us return to finals football this season .
PARRAMATTA EELS - new coach daniel anderson could work wonders at this team of perrenial under achievers . could sneak into the top eight .
CANBERRA RAIDERS - played an exciting brand of attack-at-all-costs football last season .they too have endured a large turnover of players , but their under 20's are chock full of talent .
GOLD COAST TITANS - third year in the competition for this team and looking to make the finals for the first time . look to be a well rounded squad and have some handy additions .

JUST THERE TO MAKE UP THE NUMBERS REALLY -

BULLDOGS - woodenspooners of last season . the only way is up from there ?
WESTS TIGERS - sorry yorky but i just dont see the tigers doing anything this year . i hope you prove me wrong .
SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS - team depth a real concern , cant see em doin much .
PENRITH PANTHERS - wooden spoon favourites and it is hard to argue with that assesment .
Last edited by ozgooner on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: australian rugby league season 2009

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:39 am

You said that about Wests last year!

Should change the title to 2009 season and talk about both Leagus here.

Cas have got off to a cracking start with 2 wins out of 3 (Wigan and Salford (battered them). Only lost to 'quins by 4 points as well. Catalans away on Saturday!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby meridamullet » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:59 am

sorry matey but don't think the knights stand a chance this year, Buderus is a massive loss. Hope the titans make a go of it this year, a couple of injuries will kill us though, depth is better than last year but still not where it needs to be
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:20 am

Forgot to say Oz, Mitchell Sargent who we signed from the Nights is a f***ing machine. Loving his work in defence.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby meridamullet » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:26 am

Isn't that the bloke that got sacked from the Cowboys for doing blow at a party and rocking up to training the next day hammered. I remember when the Knights signed him pretty much straight away there was a big uproar about it
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah mate it is. Seems to be fine now. We need to keep our eyes on Sione Faumuina. though. Such a great player but a rocky past and I've heard he's on pub watch over here already.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby meridamullet » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:02 am

Sargent, Faumuina...........who else you got, you've got the makings of a great checkered past 13! Faumuina could be a good pick up if he can stay on a straight arrow, he had plenty of dramas over here but is an absolute unit on the field
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:20 am

They're the only dodgy players we have but other players you will of heard of is the likes of Dean Widders, Brent Sherwin possibly Rangi Chase.

http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi

Just started to get a good tam together for the first time since Wigan f***ked us over in 2004.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby meridamullet » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Dean Widders was only a bit part player over here, but Sherwin was a excellent player for the Bulldogs before he had some personal problems, maybe escaping to the UK will do him good. Didn't know Chase had gone over there, he's still pretty young
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Beat Catalans away tonight! 3 win out of 4! f***ing awesome! :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: rugby league season 2009

Postby ozgooner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 am

Well our season doesn't kick off until next weekend and the lads are already playin up . (allegdly of course) NRL "glamour boy" Brett Stewart of the Manly Sea Eagles was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a 17 year old girl . no charges have been laid and Stewart declined to be interviewed .
It has caused the NRL to pull a 1.5 million dollar advertising campaign indefinetly of which Stewart features heavily .
Also Manly teamate Anthony Watmough has apologised for slapping a club sponsor during the clubs season launch .
Serial "fuck-knuckle" Todd Carney was arrested and charged with malicious damage after being caught on CCTV jumping up and down on cars . this idiot was sacked by Canberra Raiders for numerous drunken discresions , denied a visa into the UK so that he could not play SuperLeague . he was offered a lifeline by Atherton Roosters in northern Queensland playin bush footie and has now done this .

young men with too much time and money on their hands methinks :BangHead:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby meridamullet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:21 am

yeah, you can always tell when footy season is here, in the news for all the wrong reasons. It would only have to be a matter of time before Wes Naiqama hits the papers wouldn't it Oz :rofll:
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ozgooner » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:36 am

meridamullet wrote:yeah, you can always tell when footy season is here, in the news for all the wrong reasons. It would only have to be a matter of time before Wes Naiqama hits the papers wouldn't it Oz :rofll:

yeah i think he already played up mate , didn't he throw a plastic schooner glass at some chick and cut her :dontknow:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby meridamullet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 am

didn't hear that one, but that wouldn't suprise me. I'm eagerly awaiting for him to get caught driving....................again
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 am

The NRL is like Cas Tigers by the sound of it, our players are always getting done for stuff lol.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Rugby