super league franchises

super league franchises

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 am

Bradford Bulls
Castleford Tigers
Catalan Dragons
Celtic Crusaders. Congrats, expansion team from Bridgend .
Leeds Rhinos
Harlequins RL
Huddersfield Giants
Hull FC
Hull Kingston Rovers
Salford City Reds
St. Helens
Warrington Wolves
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Wigan Warriors

Waheyyy, been shitting this desicion for the last 2 years.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: super league franchises

Postby ozgooner » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:53 am

14 teams now mate , and one of em from wales ??? do ya think this is a good thing adding more teams or not ? one of my hero's danny buderus (newcastle knights hooker) is playin for leeds next season . methinks i will go for them and warrington now :dizzy:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 pm

ozgooner wrote:14 teams now mate , and one of em from wales ??? do ya think this is a good thing adding more teams or not ? one of my hero's danny buderus (newcastle knights hooker) is playin for leeds next season . methinks i will go for them and warrington now :dizzy:

YEah 14 and I think it's better, although it's a bit of a joke having the Welsh team in over teams like Leigh and Widnes.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby slappy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Widnes should have been in there instead of some crappy team thats going to get beat by 60 points every game. And their stadium is a pile of poo as well.. Shocking decision
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am

slappy wrote:Widnes should have been in there instead of some crappy team thats going to get beat by 60 points every game. And their stadium is a pile of poo as well.. Shocking decision

The main problem with Widnes is that they're not solvent. The RFL did say, clubs who arn't needn't bother to apply. I do think Leigh should of had it over Celtic though.

How do you feel about only getting a B license Slappy, does it hurt that St. Helens are now proven as a much superior club with their A class license? ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:32 pm

I don't get rugby any more whats the point in the league below if they have no chance of getting into the super league?

you should win a place in a league not be given it or theres no point
Fordy

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Fordy wrote:I don't get rugby any more whats the point in the league below if they have no chance of getting into the super league?

you should win a place in a league not be given it or theres no point

Why don't the lower teams have chance of getting in Super League? They have the same chance as they did before, if not more. Teams like Widnes nearly went out of exsistence 9 months ago just trying to get back in the top league. The old system would never allow Featherstone, Hunslet, Dewsbury etc into the top division even if they would of won the league. The new system will allow them to.

It's not a locked door like it may seem at first. It's very possible to get into Super League and the clubs who deserve will get a place.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:43 pm

but it shouldn't be a case of been allowed or not if they win the league they should go up if you finish bottom you should go down.
Fordy

Postby Fordy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:50 pm

but it shouldn't be a case of been allowed or not if they win the league they should go up if you finish bottom you should go down.
Fordy

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Fordy wrote:but it shouldn't be a case of been allowed or not if they win the league they should go up if you finish bottom you should go down.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you're saying. The problem lies in the distance between the top 2 divisions. It is litteraly like a drop from the Prem into the Confernce South, maybe even lower. It's virtualy non-league.

Teams who go down have to release all their players out of their contract (which they will have to pay half of) in order to put themselves under the salary cap in that division. The salary cap needs to be there to stop the teams over spending what they can't afford, which clubs do in football all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a league system like in English football but it's just not possible with so few pro clubs. It's been tried and it's constantly failing. Castleford are a good example of why. We got relegated, stormed the league but the team isn't good enough for Super League. We couldn't recruit players ready for the following season as we didn't know we would be in that division. by the time we do actually get promoted, nearly every player is snapped up who wants to move and you're stuck with a team who isn't good enough and a few left over players nobody wants. It's been happening since Super League started near enough.

There will still be promotion and relegation in the National Leagues. Just so you know, there is criteria to join the Prem and League 2. If any of these teams tried to get in those divisions with their stadiums they would get laughed away at. A lot of this franchise is about stadiums, the other main part is about making more top quality English players with the new overseas quota rule.

Hope you can see why they are trying this angle mate. As much as I would love it to be promotion and relegation, this way really is best when you look at all the angles (I've not explained everything either, obviously). Do well for 2-3 years, you get 3 years in the top flight. If they can't see reason to throw any teams out, the league gets extended as well. hopefully one day it can finally hit 20 teams who are pro.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CraigGunner » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am

Wakefield will lose their licence for 2012 onwards. It is wrong they should have a bigger Super League.
CraigGunner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Set of c**** anyway mate. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to Rugby