Rugby World Cup Final

Re: Rugby World Cup Final

Postby Swifty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:34 pm

I know every one will put it down to an inflated sense of national pride & that I'm just plain biased, but I saw the England try & said "nope his knee's gone into touch". I was adamant, however the reverse angle shows it was a try. The fact of the matter is that SA won & that result will never be changed, but it seems like when watching England, in football or in rugby, there is some moment of controversy which seemingly decides the match, which makes his all the harder to swallow.

I think the boys did the shirt proud & the result was a vast improvement, but on the day SA were marginaly better & they got the benefit of a very close call & I'm sure they are as greatful as we would have been had the roles been reversed.
Swifty
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Re: Rugby World Cup Final

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:29 am

I watched the game in Tommy Flynn's in holloway road, it was a good atmosphere in there and a goon night shame about the result but the boys did us proad.
A good perfomance by them but south Africa and a great side (world champions infact) :lol: and they deserved it in the end let just get OUR trophy back in 4 years :lol:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Rugby