British Lions vs Australia

Re: British Lions vs Australia

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Alex Corbiesero was a huge miss today and I think there'll be considerable changes for next week. Assuming all are fit;

Crobiesero for Vunipola (who could will be banned in any case).
Faletau for Heaslip
Phillips for Youngs
Roberts for BOD

Gray on the bench with Croft as back row options.
Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:04 pm

I think the management need to assess the merits of starting Maki, the Wallabies targeted him and although he battled manfully, can the Lions afford to play him from the start in the decider? Can Corbs come back or consider Grant or Cole.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 pm

gzagee wrote:
Balboa wrote:
gzagee wrote:Fuc*ing idiot Hibbard!! Throw the feckn ball to your man! Play percentages. It was that simple!
Lions were in a position to improbably snatch victory from defeat but, that donkey throws it long....

B

Whoever was Pack Captain calls the lineout, not the thrower. So it wasn't his fault to go long, it was his fault for not executing mind.

His responsibility is to throw to his man, no matter the call. His f*?k up. Plain and simples.

You called him a donkey for going long. He didn't choose too. Just saying. Agree with the execution. Just a shame Vunipola's not getting the same persecution for what was a shambolic scrummaging performance that cost us more points than Hibbard :lipssealed:
Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Yeah, I agree Balboa, the Lions need to attack next week. They'll need match winners next week. Although I'm undecided about Phillips. He really needs to find his game, get back to doing what he does well.
And if Warburton doesn't make it play bring in O'Brien.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Well Vunipola is 4th choice, only started one test for England....
Hibbard is 2nd and a seasoned int'l and six nations champ.....
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Phillips has still been the best scrum half on this tour by a considerable margin in spite of his game in the first test. I'd like to think that was due to his niggling injury as he didn't look comfortable and which is why he was out of the squad this week. His familiarity with what should be an abundance of Welsh players will also go in his favour.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Balboa wrote:Phillips has still been the best scrum half on this tour by a considerable margin in spite of his game in the first test. I'd like to think that was due to his niggling injury as he didn't look comfortable and which is why he was out of the squad this week. His familiarity with what should be an abundance of Welsh players will also go in his favour.

Well I hope it doesn't go hand-in-hand with Wales familiarity to losing to the Aussies... :hiding:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:21 pm

gzagee wrote:Well Vunipola is 4th choice, only started one test for England....

More than half of Hibbards starts for Wales have come this year. As for Vunipola, he was the second choice loosehead going on this tour due to his Leicester form.

gzagee wrote:Well I hope it doesn't go hand-in-hand with Wales familiarity to losing to the Aussies... :hiding:

What should they do... play more English? Because we all know what the score was when the played Wales not too long ago :rofll:
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Balboa wrote:
gzagee wrote:Well Vunipola is 4th choice, only started one test for England....

More than half of Hibbards starts for Wales have come this year. As for Vunipola, he was the second choice loosehead going on this tour due to his Leicester form.

gzagee wrote:Well I hope it doesn't go hand-in-hand with Wales familiarity to losing to the Aussies... :hiding:

What should they do... play more English? Because we all know what the score was when the played Wales not too long ago :rofll:

Oooo Touchy Touchy.. :lol:
Note: I don't support England ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Well I hope you can't play more Irish or Scottish, there's not enough there! For the record, I'd start with Gray on Saturday.

Jones, Youngs, Corbs if fit, AWJ, Gray, Lydiate, Warbs if fit, Faletau, Phillips, Sexton, Roberts, Davies, North, Bowe, Halfpenny
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Healy and Gethin Jenkins were both ahead of Vunipola in the tour party though.
I think Parling did okay, it's always going to be near on impossible to replicate what O'Connell brings to the field both physically and mentally.
It's great to have broken field runners but there also needs to be those who do the less flashy work. Parling I think does that satisfactorily. AWJ has been steady but needs to be outstanding next game.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Interesting you think Parling did okay when it was his call to go long at a lineout which you felt so very much cost us.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Wallabies smashed!
Halfpenny had them on BBQ. Head n shoulders Man of the Series.
Leigh Halfpenny now a Lions lege.
Corbersiero was a bludgeon in the scrum, Alexander got absolutely owned. Deans hooked him once he got a yellow.
Got to say when O'Connor scored just before half time and then they scored a pen just after I got very nervous, but Halfpenny cut them down with his assists for both 2nd half tries.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 pm

And the margin 41-16! Dammmmmn son!!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Apollo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Australia is just an Embarrassment to the Southern Hemisphere. Being beaten by a team from the North, its just not right.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby