British Lions vs Australia

Re: British Lions vs Australia

Postby Balboa » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 am

Heaslip's fault as much as Youngs? You don't want your No.8 picking it up at a) that stage of the game, or b) that area of the pitch. As a Scrum Half he should have been in there getting it. Laying the blame elsewhere is nonsense. Not just that but it was directly the fault of Vunipola.

My gripe with that respect ruck-wise was that they all know how Pollock refs so should have been ready to adapt. What he was asking them to do was very simple, yet it was BOD who was first to be penalised and shortly after was penalised again in spite of the ref telling him how he wants the rucks challenged. We were simply outfought in that aspect of the game and need to front up to it next week or we could suffer the 10 point defeat we deserved Saturday.
Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

Aussies in to 7/5 from 17/10 and the Lions out to 5/6 ahead of todays game. Very poor selection in my opinion from Gatland and I think the test will be 1-1 come the final whistle.
Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:51 am

Balboa wrote:Aussies in to 7/5 from 17/10 and the Lions out to 5/6 ahead of todays game. Very poor selection in my opinion from Gatland and I think the test will be 1-1 come the final whistle.

Nah, I think we can rely on Beale's kicking to ensure that the British Lions win.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:52 am

Only that he won't actually be kicking.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:53 am

Balboa wrote:Only that he won't actually be kicking.

If that's the case, the only reason I can see why the Lions might lose is because gatland didn't play Tuilagi with BOD in the centre. And because he picked too many welsh players.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 am

Royal Gooner wrote:

If that's the case, the only reason I can see why the Lions might lose is because gatland didn't play Tuilagi with BOD in the centre.

Really? After Davies so far having been the outstanding Centre, and one of the best players on this tour? Tuilagi starts then Davies should be outside him. This Stuart Barnes love in of Ben Youngs is now becoming ridiculous :sneaky2:
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 am

Balboa wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

If that's the case, the only reason I can see why the Lions might lose is because gatland didn't play Tuilagi with BOD in the centre.

Really? After Davies so far having been the outstanding Centre, and one of the best players on this tour? Tuilagi starts then Davies should be outside him. This Stuart Barnes love in of Ben Youngs is now becoming ridiculous :sneaky2:

there is only such a perception because of gatlands strange love of Welshmen.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:11 am

It's what's been widely aknowledged by pundits and fans of most countries. Other than England of course because he's keeping one of their players out...
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 am

Royal Gooner wrote:

If that's the case, the only reason I can see why the Lions might lose is because gatland didn't play Tuilagi with BOD in the centre. And because he picked too many welsh players.

I said it would be the welsh who would cost the Lions this match. :BangHead:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 am

Well they've still scored all the points up to now in the test games. Best we forget about the points Vunipola cost at the scrum? Lost us as many as Halfpenny... Then again 53m kicks are relatively easy.

Considering you thought Beale would be taking goal kicks I think you're opinions lack weight based on a lack of knowledge.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

Fuc*ing idiot Hibbard!! Throw the feckn ball to your man! Play percentages. It was that simple!
Lions were in a position to improbably snatch victory from defeat but, that donkey throws it long....

B
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

But to be honest Aussies ran out winners.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Balboa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 pm

gzagee wrote:Fuc*ing idiot Hibbard!! Throw the feckn ball to your man! Play percentages. It was that simple!
Lions were in a position to improbably snatch victory from defeat but, that donkey throws it long....

B

Whoever was Pack Captain calls the lineout, not the thrower. So it wasn't his fault to go long, it was his fault for not executing mind.
Balboa
Michael Thomas

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 pm

BOD summed it up well; they haven't played well enough in enough phases.
Hope Warburton's hams respond to treatment. And Roberts hopefully comes in for BOD, who really hasn't played too well in this series.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Balboa wrote:
gzagee wrote:Fuc*ing idiot Hibbard!! Throw the feckn ball to your man! Play percentages. It was that simple!

B

Whoever was Pack Captain calls the lineout, not the thrower. So it wasn't his fault to go long, it was his fault for not executing mind.

His responsibility is to throw to his man, no matter the call. His f*?k up. Plain and simples.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby