australian rugby league

australian rugby league

Postby ozgooner » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 am

i love most sports , but my other favourite team (behind the gunners of course) is the newcastle knights rugby league team . is anyone here a fan of rugby league ? either the superleague in england or the australian national league . from what all my english mates here in oz tell me it is only a game that is popular in the north of england

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: australian rugby league

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:19 am

ozgooner wrote:i love most sports , but my other favourite team (behind the gunners of course) is the newcastle knights rugby league team . is anyone here a fan of rugby league ? either the superleague in england or the australian national league . from what all my english mates here in oz tell me it is only a game that is popular in the north of england

Yep yep, I love Rugby League mate. I support Castleford Tigers (The team who got cheated out of Superleague due to Wigan breaking the salary cap AGAIN :roll: ).

Rugby League is mainly a Northern Sport, but it's gradualy starting to expand which is great for the game.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
ozgooner wrote:i love most sports , but my other favourite team (behind the gunners of course) is the newcastle knights rugby league team . is anyone here a fan of rugby league ? either the superleague in england or the australian national league . from what all my english mates here in oz tell me it is only a game that is popular in the north of england

Yep yep, I love Rugby League mate. I support Castleford Tigers (The team who got cheated out of Superleague due to Wigan breaking the salary cap AGAIN :roll: ).

Rugby League is mainly a Northern Sport, but it's gradualy starting to expand which is great for the game.

nice one mate , i go for warrington wolves in the superleague . only because my captain from the newcastle knights here in oz (andrew johns) went over and played for em for about 4 games in 2005 (i think) because the knights missed out on the playoffs .

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:12 am

Yeah I think it was 2005.

Have you heard of an Aussie called Brent Sherwin? He's been heavily linked with us but I don't know anything about him.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:12 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Yeah I think it was 2005.

Have you heard of an Aussie called Brent Sherwin? He's been heavily linked with us but I don't know anything about him.

yeah mate he is a good player , he plays either halfback or five eight . he is pretty quick , is a great ball player and his defence is good too .

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SuperDumbassman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:39 am

Go the mighty Panthers!

Bradford Bulls are class too.
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ozgooner » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:43 am

ehy super , i think my knights have got the wooden spoon wrapped up mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s. love your sig :lol: i didn't think jedi's could be so nasty (as the bloke last in your sig says what the f&*k) :lol:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:35 pm

According to the League Express Brad is playing for Tweed Heads Seagulls in & helped them to win the Queensland cup also getting the man of the match award.

He's a credit to Rugby League this guy. My fave Aussie. Helped us out the shit loads of times. Can't believe he still has it in him to play.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 am

not sure who ya talkin bout buddy :brick:
sorry yorkyblue :doh:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56 am

He never made it big over there even though he's Australian. He's about 41 years old now I believe. He played in the Grand Final for us 2 years ago with pain killing injecitions all through the play offs. He did it many times, risked not being able to walk again just to have an injection and play for us.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:He never made it big over there even though he's Australian. He's about 41 years old now I believe. He played in the Grand Final for us 2 years ago with pain killing injecitions all through the play offs. He did it many times, risked not being able to walk again just to have an injection and play for us.

what is the blokes name yorkyblue ? sounds like he is a hard bastard ;)

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Brad Davis. Plays Scrum Half. Not really a hard bastard, just comitted.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:21 am

Just discovered a channel i didn't know i had on my telly (MSK) that is showing Panthers v Eels.
Good first half.
Still not a patch on Union though...... :nahnah:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 am

Great lot of interest in this thread :lol:

Grand final just finished, Dragons 32 Roosters 8
Roosters 8 Dragons 6 at half time.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:27 am

There is only usually me and Ozgooner who post in the various threads there has been and Oz hasn't been round so much this season.

There is a 2009 season and 2010 season thread somewhere, with both English and Australian in it.

We'll have another go next season. :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Rugby