The Thriller In Manilla

The Thriller In Manilla

Postby gzagee » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Watched the documentary finally last night.
Boy, is Smokin Joe still pissed at Ali or what?!?!?!

Question for Lefty and all boxing enthusiasts: Who do you think would've won that final round if they'd let Frasier fight?
The argument was that Ali had told his corner to cut his gloves, whilst Frasier had insisted he wanted to come out for the 15th.
Do you think Ali would've quit on his stool or, come out and finish the job? After all he was ahead on most scorecards, i think.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: The Thriller In Manilla

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Watched this show last night and absolutley loved it!
And I ont know about anyone else who watched the show but for me it really showed what a c*** Ali really was.

Frazer basically got Ali's careaar back on track and even gave him money when he needed it but as soon as Ali was back on his feet he treated Joe like utter shit. Especially with all those outrageous 'Unlce Tom Gorilla' comments, and all the shit Joe and his family got from it.

Especially when Ali finally apologised after thier 3rd fight,but only to his son. A Real man would have apologised to Joe himself,not told his son to pass on the message.

But to answer your question Gza mate,I think the right desicion was made becuase either one of those men could have died in those last 2 rounds. Gutted for smoking joe though,becuase he was winning that fight were it not for him eventually being blind.

Ali was over-rated.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: The Thriller In Manilla

Postby gzagee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Yeah, Ali didn't cast himself in a favourable light where Joe was concerned. He did goad and bait all his opponents but there was a nastiness about the way he did it to Joe.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Return to Boxing