Hatton v Malignaggi

Hatton v Malignaggi

Postby Libertine » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:25 pm

From the Metro newspaper:

Ricky Hatton will be trained by Floyd Mayweather Snr for his fight against IBF light-welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi in Las Vegas on November 22.
The American, father of Floyd Jnr - Hatton's conqueror last December - will fly into Manchester later this month to oversee training.
Mayweather will be assisted by Lee Beard, who has been a key member of Team Hatton for more than a year.
The fight will be the first of Hatton's career without former trainer Billy Graham, with whom he parted company last month.
Mayweather Snr, 55, is arguably the world's No.1 trainer, having previously been in the corner for his son, Oscar de la Hoya, Joan Guzman and current WBC light-heavyweight champion Chad Dawson.
Hatton said he was looking forward to working with Mayweather and utilising his vast experience.
"At this stage of my career i am not going to change my style too much but you are never too old to learn" said the Manchester fighter, who began his training camp yesterday at a purpose-built gym at the Village Hotel at Ashton-under-Lyne.
"i have spoken to my team and we are all sure i'll benefit from Floyd's incredible knowledge. The fight against Malignaggi is make or break and i'm convinced this will be the best training camp i have ever had."
Hatton will fly to Las Vegas next week for a press conference at the MGM Grand, where he lost to Mayweather Jnr and will fight Malignaggi.

Article: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/other/arti ... _a_source=
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Hatton v Malignaggi

Postby Libertine » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm

The Mayweather joins Hatton camp story is in all the papers today but i can't help thinking that they're missing the bigger story and that is that Kerry Kayes (Hatton's nutritionalist and conditioner) is not part of this training camp, having refused to join after Hatton's sacking of ex-trainer Billy Graham.

It will be very interesting to see what sort of shape Hatton turns up in for the fight.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm

A clash of styles always makes for a good fight. I think Hatton should prevail but there's no doubt he's on his way down.
Now that Floyd "money" Mayweather's retired the man to beat is definitely Margarito.
I thought he would get a lesson from Cotto but he wore him and and destroyed him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Heard this on sky sports news last night. I think it could be a good move for him. The mayweathers know boxing, so seems like it could only be a good thing. Ricky seemed pretty excited about it in his interview.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Libertine wrote:The Mayweather joins Hatton camp story is in all the papers today but i can't help thinking that they're missing the bigger story and that is that Kerry Kayes (Hatton's nutritionalist and conditioner) is not part of this training camp, having refused to join after Hatton's sacking of ex-trainer Billy Graham.

It will be very interesting to see what sort of shape Hatton turns up in for the fight.

Well, Mayweather probably had one look at the daily diet plan and sacked the guy on principle. His daily diet plan probably read something like:

Breakfast: 10 pints of lager, proper northern fry oop, fried toast x 10, deep fried bacon x 7, baked beans, black pudding, fried eggs, the more the merrier, an' none of that free range organic lark (Men's Belch mag's top tip);

11's: quick jog down't rub-a-dub, nah... fook it, let's take the jeep, roll down in style, like :sneaky2:
another couple of pints washed down with a couple bags of ready salted walkers, and some ready salted peanuts

lunch: more pints, send the lad out to get some burgers and chips, to go with the pie n mash, more pints

tea: you guessed it... pints

supper: mum's gone to bed soooo... ummm... phone the Blue Orient or the Aji Bhaji order summats nutricious like Peking Muck or an Edwina (Currie) oh there's a gateaux in the fridge - naughty but soo nice, they didn't lie when they said one on the lips is a lifetime on the hips!
Nightcap, couple more cans of Blue Bitter...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Libertine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 am

gzagee wrote:
Libertine wrote:The Mayweather joins Hatton camp story is in all the papers today but i can't help thinking that they're missing the bigger story and that is that Kerry Kayes (Hatton's nutritionalist and conditioner) is not part of this training camp, having refused to join after Hatton's sacking of ex-trainer Billy Graham.

Well, Mayweather probably had one look at the daily diet plan and sacked the guy on principle.

Erm, Kerry Kayes wasn't sacked,he walked out in support of Billy Graham.

Kayes only looks after Ricky Hatton's diet whilst he's in training.

How Hatton re-fuels between traing camps (something that Hatton fell out with both BG and KK about.) is down to Ricky Hatton.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby meridamullet » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 am

Hatton should own him, Malignaggi hasn't shown much since the Cotto fight, and that was a couple of years back now, although i think the fight is in the U.S and Hatton didn't travel well for the Mayweather fight. Should be a good fight though
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby whee » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Not sure how you can say Hatton didn't travel well for the Mayweather fight - that's just crap.

I think Malignaggi's gonna slap Ricky about for a fair few rounds though, as long as he doesn't have his in hair his face like his last outing, the f***ing tit.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:52 am

I heard the fight on the radio. Not quite the same as watching it, especially as I couldn't find a channel!

Somewhere or other there will be some links, so I'll have a look later.

Well done Hatton, winning in the 11th.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 am

Well done Ricky! I got my prediction wrong.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:53 am

SE13 wrote:I heard the fight on the radio. Not quite the same as watching it, especially as I couldn't find a channel!

Somewhere or other there will be some links, so I'll have a look later.

Well done Hatton, winning in the 11th.

Ah mate I had a link to it last night, perfect stream it was too.

Glad Hatton won, I couldn't last the pace to watch it right enough but his little bruv's fight was quite good.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby left right left » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:32 am

good show of respect in the after fight interview

magic buying the hatton camp a few BLUE MOON beers

lol... very nice touch
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 am

Congratulations Ricky, it's going to be a very happy blue side of manchester today. :clap: :disgust:

Was the fight a good one?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 pm

It sounded ok on the radio. I've seen a few stills, and Hatton was putting some real venom into some of the punches.

There was a very noisy contingent of Hatton fans ringside. How come the British boxers have such noisy fans, while the Americans are quiet-ish throughout? The Brits always make it sound as though the fight is in Manchester (in this instance)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm

SE13 wrote:It sounded ok on the radio. I've seen a few stills, and Hatton was putting some real venom into some of the punches.

There was a very noisy contingent of Hatton fans ringside. How come the British boxers have such noisy fans, while the Americans are quiet-ish throughout? The Brits always make it sound as though the fight is in Manchester (in this instance)

Cause the Brits usually bring that football atmosphere to boxing. Us yanks don't have that, and usually nobody really sings at a boxing match. I like it though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Boxing