I'm glad Joe won this won.

I didn't see this fight, was it good?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: calzaghe fight with hopkins

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:29 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I'm glad Joe won this won.

There was no way I was going to stay awake long enough to watch this........ Plus I forgot to set an alarm to get up early enough this morning, so I'll have to wait for some highlights later. I think The Virgin Media homepage might have some slices of the action a bit later.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby mogsy182gooner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Typical the english hatton goes out to vegas and gets his ass kicked and everyones like oh unlucky ricky we still love you, The welsh Calzaghe goes out there fights a complete t***er beats him, considering hopkin spent most of the fight in the corner holding him allt he fecking time, play acts like f**k and ppl are still unhappy the welsh calzaghe won.

Everyone bar one judge give that fight to joe LRL lol

wtf was up with cortez, im sure in the hatton fight he was stoppin all that holding and leaning in?
mogsy182gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:38 pm

mogsy182gooner wrote:Typical the english hatton goes out to vegas and gets his ass kicked and everyones like oh unlucky ricky we still love you, The welsh Calzaghe goes out there fights a complete t***er beats him, considering hopkin spent most of the fight in the corner holding him allt he fecking time, play acts like f**k and ppl are still unhappy the welsh calzaghe won.

wtf was up with cortez, im sure in the hatton fight he was stoppin all that holding and leaning in?

I could not agree more cortez did the exact opposite in this fight which suited Hopkins.

Im over the moon joe won he is not my favorite fighter but he is still britsh and god i hate hokins lol

Joe has proved himself to everyone i think he will fight roy jones and beat him then that will be it a end to one of the most successful boxers in British history.
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:51 pm

mogsy182gooner wrote:Typical the english hatton goes out to vegas and gets his ass kicked and everyones like oh unlucky ricky we still love you, The welsh Calzaghe goes out there fights a complete t***er beats him, considering hopkin spent most of the fight in the corner holding him allt he fecking time, play acts like f**k and ppl are still unhappy the welsh calzaghe won.

Bit of a knee-jerk?

Who said they were unhappy that Joe won? Personally, I'm delighted, and I'm as English as they come!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Anyone got any links to good highlights?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:10 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Anyone got any links to good highlights?

No..... I thought Virgin Media would run highlights, but they just have the interviews, and pictures.

Their page is: http://www.virginmedia.com/sport/bigfight/

My guess is that it will be a torrent of some sort....... And I haven't got a clue where to start with them!

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby mogsy182gooner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Fordy wrote:

I could not agree more cortez did the exact opposite in this fight which suited Hopkins.

Im over the moon joe won he is not my favorite fighter but he is still britsh and god i hate hokins lol

Joe has proved himself to everyone i think he will fight roy jones and beat him then that will be it a end to one of the most successful boxers in British history.

Yea roy jones at the stadium so we dont have to stay up till 4 in the morning lol

and to everyone i wasnt having a go at the English altho it sounded like i was lol Like most ppl have said they happy he has won. It was that hopkins just winds me up, his interview at the end was laughable.
mogsy182gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:17 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I'm glad Joe won this won.
I watched it, it wasn't all that exciting, they seemed to be cancelling each other out. There wasn't a lot of action, Calzaghe went down briefly in the first but that was partly due to him slipping rather than the punch that Hopkins landed. Kudos to Calzaghe it's always difficult to go to a place like Las Vegas and come away with the right result.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:08 pm

mogsy182gooner wrote:and to everyone i wasnt having a go at the English altho it sounded like i was lol

Pleased to read that! When it comes to boxing, and most sports for that matter, we come from the same Island, speak the same language (mostly) and generally back each other up, or group us as Britain.

Calzaghe is one of the most respected fighters I know of, certainly in this neck of the woods, and more specifically regardless of his Nationality!

But as a "for instance", had Tim Henman won Wimbledon, The English would have called him English, The Scots, N.Irish and Welsh British. Should Andy Murray do it, he'll be British in England and Scottish everywhere else...... It's a friendly, but rivalry thing..... ish!

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby dialsquare » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:49 pm

SE13 wrote:
mogsy182gooner wrote:and to everyone i wasnt having a go at the English altho it sounded like i was lol

Pleased to read that! When it comes to boxing, and most sports for that matter, we come from the same Island, speak the same language (mostly) and generally back each other up, or group us as Britain.

Calzaghe is one of the most respected fighters I know of, certainly in this neck of the woods, and more specifically regardless of his Nationality!

But as a "for instance", had Tim Henman won Wimbledon, The English would have called him English, The Scots, N.Irish and Welsh British. Should Andy Murray do it, he'll be British in England and Scottish everywhere else...... It's a friendly, but rivalry thing..... ish!

Murray is a miserable git and will always be a scot no matter what he wins!!!!! :devilish:
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fordy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:14 am

This bit was funny

Fordy

Previous

Return to Boxing