Hatton-Mayweather part two

Hatton-Mayweather part two

Postby Cheese » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 pm

'Pretty Boy' to put his undefeated record on the line again

Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather look set to renew their rivalry at Wembley in Spring 2009.

The American, who is set to take on the Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV on Sunday night, is set for a rematch against 'The Golden Boy' Oscar de la Hoya first in September.

If the two US fighters meet and Mayweather emerges victorious then a showdown with Hatton could be on the cards.

Hatton is due to fight Mexican Juan Lazcano in Manchester on 24th May but a rematch with the Pretty Boy is being lined up in England next year.

Mayeather brought an end to the 'Hitman's' undefeated record in Las Vegas at the turn of the year, but Hatton was fighting at welterweight rather than light-welter which suits his stature better.

Plans

And Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy promotions, has revealed that discussions over luring Mayweather to London have already begun.

"It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring. Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it," said Schaefer.

"The first fight was great and while Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee.

"He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time. That's his motivation.

"Floyd realises that Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and for him to come over to Wembley Stadium is making history.

"For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd. Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."

© SkySports
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Hatton-Mayweather part two

Postby niko197 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:01 pm

should be a GOOD fight :trophy:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:35 am

bring it on , i can't wait for this fight . the classic slugger v boxer fight , lets hope ricky hands floyd his arse this time

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 am

As unpopular as this may sound, unless Mayweather decides he couldn't be arsed any more he'd knock Ricky out again. (he is doing wrestlemania after all) Anyone who saw the last fight knows that Ricky basically got the shite knocked out of him. :?
As much as we wanted Ricky to win, unfortunately he's just not in the same class as that smug little w***er.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ozgooner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:04 am

true , ricky is more of a slugger who will be right in your face and fight inside . but he can absorb plenty of punishment . if he gets floyd with a few of his trademark bodyshots , ricky will fold him . there is no doubt who is the better boxer , but i just feel that ricky will train for this one like he has never trained before and could get him :wink:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:08 am

Thats all true Oz, and Ricky has the heart and mentality, but sometimes there's no substitute for talent. I am in NO way an expert on boxing, and in fact I probably know very little, but as much as it pains me to say it because I can't stand the little crunt, Mayweather is the best fighter in the world imo.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ozgooner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 am

is mayweather fightin the "big show" at wrestlemania fabrestuta ???

that'll be hilarious , i wonder how the sciptwriters for wrestlemania will conjure up a victory for mayweather

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:16 am

Hehe yeah they're "fighting" at Wrestlemania. There's rumours that Mayweather is getting 20 million to fight Big Show (mostly by Mayweather) but there's NO way thats true.
Its probably going to be around $60/$70 on PPV so they can fight away, I certainly won't be paying for it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:51 pm

The first fight was awesome, even though the prick won. But Floyd showed me something the last fight, I thought he would run from Ricky, but he stood with him and beat him at his own game, so it would be interesting to see what the game plans are for the second fight for both fighters. I'm with Fab though, I just don't see Ricky winning this one either, I wonder what weight they're fighting at?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:34 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I wonder what weight they're fighting at?

That's what get's me cos the article says something like 'Last time it was welterweight which didn't suit Ricky'. Almost suggests pretty boy is dropping weight which is all better for Ricky.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I wonder what weight they're fighting at?

That's what get's me cos the article says something like 'Last time it was welterweight which didn't suit Ricky'. Almost suggests pretty boy is dropping weight which is all better for Ricky.

Yep, that could change the fight a bit. Either way, should be good entertainment.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby left right left » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:25 pm

if the fight went ahead it would be at catch weight, both fighters can be over or under there weight divs. but the gap in the weight class can only be one weight up or down

but the fight will never happen, for a start there wounldnt be enoth money generated if the fight was in england

and mayweather will be in bigger fights with the guys in the weights above him ....
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Boxing