Who will win?

Froch
71%
Groves
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: Froch V Groves

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 pm

Ffs one of the biggest uk fights of the year and we're arguing about wrestling being fake!

The punch:

https://vine.co/v/MpagjuJUblE
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ffs one of the biggest uk fights of the year and we're arguing about wrestling being fake!

There isn't a debate to be had about whether or not it's fake. It is.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Callum wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ffs one of the biggest uk fights of the year and we're arguing about wrestling being fake!

There isn't a debate to be had about whether or not it's fake. It is.

Wow! Really?! Next you'll be telling me Ssnta doesn't exist!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Wow! Really?! Next you'll be telling me Ssnta doesn't exist!

I don't think you could handle two crushing revelations in such a short space of time.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Callum wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:I watch MMA loads and I've been doing MMA since I was 8 but I still find pro wrestling way more entertaining. It might be scripted but still demands more from a person than any other sportsman, being on the road 300+ days a year and the punishment wrestlers take is incredible. I always use this quote for people who don't 'get' pro wrestling,'
"To a critic, no explanation will do. To a fan, no explanation is needed."

I'm not trying to shit on wrestling because I liked it as a kid and still appreciate why people enjoy it today, but I find it insulting when people compare it to actual sporting competitions. Please don't twist my words and make out that I said wrestlers have it easy because I never said that, nor did I underestimate how tough a career it is to do.

What I will say is that the drama of a proper sport like MMA, where the result is completely undetermined and comes down to the skills of each fighter, will always be more exciting than what a bunch of writers sitting around in a room can come up with. It's like apples and oranges and shouldn't even be compared.

I don't think it's insulting to compare it to actual sporting competitions because pro wrestling is just as physically demanding and in some cases harder to do. Olympic gold medal winner Kurt Angle said taking a bump in pro wrestling is harder than anything he's ever done and he won the Olympics with a broken neck.
As for finding it more entertaining it's entirely subjective, with WWE you know you'll get a story with every single match but in MMA you'll get some good fights some down right boring IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Callum wrote:
Cripps wrote:Oh dear.

I guess we can add wrestling to football to things you know little about.

I just started a tennis and cricket thread in this section. Maybe you know a thing or two about them.

I hope so cos as hard as I try not to, I'm losing faith in you and your path to being a dumbass will be complete. Not there yet though.

Come on son

Professional wrestling isn't a sport because it's not real. I don't have an issue with people liking it but it's clear that the vast majority of adults prefer real sport where the ending isn't scripted as opposed to WWE.

You can insult me all you like but I'm not being goaded into another stupid debate with you. If you really think that you're right and majority of other adults are wrong then go for it.

Yet in the first page you said: "Haven't heard of either of them."

So don't question people's knowledge of boxing when you know f**k all about the sport yourself.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Froch V Groves

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Callum wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Wow! Really?! Next you'll be telling me Ssnta doesn't exist!

I don't think you could handle two crushing revelations in such a short space of time.

:grin:

I was actually more gutted when i found out about wrestling being fake than when i discovered the santa thing!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 pm

The punch:

I tried to keep it to the boxing but others are intent to ruin the thread.

Seen the punch.

This groves pubber isn't very good is he?

No defence at all. Mertesacker would be rolling in his grave
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Yet in the first page you said: "Haven't heard of either of them."

So don't question people's knowledge of boxing when you know f**k all about the sport yourself.

All that needs to be known is that boxing is a sport - the result is not determined - whereas wrestling is not, as the result is always scripted.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 pm

Cripps wrote:

The punch:

Seen the punch.

Not really. You were the one who first said>

"Haven't heard of either of them."

Then a minute later you said you thought Froch would win, even though you had never heard of him...

Then in the first round which was always going to be cagey, you said "This is shit... WWE over boxing anyday"

You were the one who started talking about wrestling. And then laughed at me when I said its scripted.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:I don't think it's insulting to compare it to actual sporting competitions because pro wrestling is just as physically demanding and in some cases harder to do. Olympic gold medal winner Kurt Angle said taking a bump in pro wrestling is harder than anything he's ever done and he won the Olympics with a broken neck.
As for finding it more entertaining it's entirely subjective, with WWE you know you'll get a story with every single match but in MMA you'll get some good fights some down right boring IMO.

I think we're arguing about different things here, because I'm not questioning the toughness of these pro wrestlers or their abilities as athletes - all I am saying is that it is not a sport, for obvious reasons, and that as a result of that I find MMA infinitely more exciting to watch. You're right about it being entirely subjective and I have consistently said that I don't have an issue with people enjoying WWE because I used to myself, but I do have an issue with people comparing it to boxing and MMA. They're apples and oranges.

Anyway, thank you for at least being the one person to debate me about this without acting like a child.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 pm

No one's saying wrestling is shit, but your posting in a boxing thread with boxing fans. So don't bring up wrestling and then complain when people have a go at you.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Not really. You were the one who first said>

Then a minute later you said you thought Froch would win, even though you had never heard of him...

Then in the first round which was always going to be cagey, you said "This is shit... WWE over boxing anyday"

You were the one who started talking about wrestling. And then laughed at me when I said its scripted.

I never said WWE was better than boxing, I said MMA was. Cripps was the first one to bring up WWE, not me.

Get your facts straight before you get yourself all worked up.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

alexafc12 wrote:No one's saying wrestling is shit, but your posting in a boxing thread with boxing fans. So don't bring up wrestling and then complain when people have a go at you.

I didn't bring up WWE, Cripps did. Go read back what was said before you spit the dummy out. Fool.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Cripps wrote:

The punch:

Seen the punch.

Not really. You were the one who first said>

I'm still laughing tbh.

As for the haven't heard of either of them comment, tongue in cheek. I wasn't serious but the uneducated can't take jokes it seems.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing