Froch
71%
Groves
29%

Total votes : 7

Re: Froch V Groves

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:07 pm

Cripps wrote:
Callum wrote:Has anybody actually told Cripps WWE isn't real yet though? :think:

Story lines aren't. Moves are.

I don't debate that but the end result is determined, meaning it's not a sport. It's entertainment.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 31, 2014 11:08 pm

So are darts and snooker players better sportsmen than wrestlers?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat May 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Callum wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Callum wrote:Has anybody actually told Cripps WWE isn't real yet though? :think:

Story lines aren't. Moves are.

I don't debate that but the end result is determined, meaning it's not a sport. It's entertainment.

Sports Entertainment ;)
Best of both worlds.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:So are darts and snooker players better sportsmen than wrestlers?

They're better athletes, yes, but they don't compete in a sport.

The key component to a sport is that it is competitive - i.e. a team or individuals applies their set of skills against another to determine who is the victor. Pro wrestling is not a sport because no matter who the better guy is, the result comes down to what's in the scripts.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:11 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Sports Entertainment ;)
Best of both worlds.

Sure, but I just don't think it should be compared to sports because the result is pre-determined.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat May 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Callum wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Sports Entertainment ;)
Best of both worlds.

Sure, but I just don't think it should be compared to sports because the result is pre-determined.

First definition of sport off google
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I think wrestling comes underneath that. The sport in wrestling isn't from the competition of winning the match but the physical performance of the wrestlers. I think it comes under sport and entertainment.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:15 pm

Cripps wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ffs one of the biggest uk fights of the year and we're arguing about wrestling being fake!

The punch:

https://vine.co/v/MpagjuJUblE

I tried to keep it to the boxing but others are intent to ruin the thread.

Seen the punch.

This groves pubber isn't very good is he?

No defence at all. Mertesacker would be rolling in his grave

Not really. You were the one who first said>

"Haven't heard of either of them."

Then a minute later you said you thought Froch would win, even though you had never heard of him...

Then in the first round which was always going to be cagey, you said "This is shit... WWE over boxing anyday"

You were the one who started talking about wrestling. And then laughed at me when I said its scripted.

I'm still laughing tbh.

As for the haven't heard of either of them comment, tongue in cheek. I wasn't serious but the uneducated can't take jokes it seems.

Nice of you to make an assumption on my education when you don't know a thing about me.

You're an arsenal fan. Uneducated, named alex, a kid.

Anything else?

Your calling me uneducated and a kid, yet your the one hurling abuse on online forums. Brilliant. I'm not going to give you the reaction you want.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:17 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I think wrestling comes underneath that. The sport in wrestling isn't from the competition of winning the match but the physical performance of the wrestlers. I think it comes under sport and entertainment.

The key word there is competes - wrestling isn't true competition because both fighters know who will win. It's not a showcase of the true capabilities and in some cases the stronger or better fighter will lose because that's what's in the script. That isn't true competition like it is with football, MMA, boxing or whatever.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat May 31, 2014 11:23 pm

Callum wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

The key word there is competes - wrestling isn't true competition because both fighters know who will win. It's not a showcase of the true capabilities and in some cases the stronger or better fighter will lose because that's what's in the script. That isn't true competition like it is with football, MMA, boxing or whatever.

Fair point. I'd agree it's not entirely a sport but I think it's too harsh to call it purely entertainment. Sports Entertainment sounds fair to me.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sat May 31, 2014 11:29 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Fair point. I'd agree it's not entirely a sport but I think it's too harsh to call it purely entertainment. Sports Entertainment sounds fair to me.

I'm really not trying to shit on wrestling like some people do, because as I've said I used to watch it a lot, but the only issue I have is when it's compared to actual sports. The guys that do it are extremely dedicated and are superb athletes and I'm not ignorant enough to dispute that, and I get why people enjoy it. For me it can't compare to actual physical sporting competition but as you said, it's subjective.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

I don't know why im even getting involved in this. But its not a sport. It just isn't. It is not competitive, therefore it isn't a sport.

just like circus performers, or ballet dancers, despite their superb athleticism, are not sportsmen, neither are WWE wrestlers.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 pm

And speaking of athleticism, I know very little about boxing but these two look quite well matched. Both in superb condition
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Callum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:23 am

UFGN wrote:I don't know why im even getting involved in this. But its not a sport. It just isn't. It is not competitive, therefore it isn't a sport.

just like circus performers, or ballet dancers, despite their superb athleticism, are not sportsmen, neither are WWE wrestlers.

Nicely summed up.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:27 am

Bit of a slow fight to begin with. Froch once again showing his mettle, f**k Groves the Chelsea c***.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:48 am

UFGN wrote:I don't know why im even getting involved in this. But its not a sport. It just isn't. It is not competitive, therefore it isn't a sport.

And yet one of them won the UFC world title.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing