Postby prolific » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:16 pm

That and your avatar :lol:
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Kell Brook v Vyasheslav Senchenko

Postby prolific » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:15 am

3 decent fights last night. Brian Rose vs Javier Maciel was worth watching, scoring results weren't that of the fight, it was a little closer but still Rose came out winner. Joshua gave Butlin digs he'll need icepacks for, the guy now needs to be tested, Eddie Hearn pretty much shrugged at taking it easy and not rushing him. And Kell Brook tore into Senchenko.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Bungle678 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Brook was outstanding last night, never been completely convinced of him at world title level until I saw him dismantle that guy. Senchenko is no Devon Alexander but I now think that is a genuine 50/50 fight leaning in Kell's favour. He'd annihilate the now spent Amir Khan too.

With Joshua, Hearn is playing it completely right, this was his second pr bout against a seasoned pro journeyman at heavyweight who been in with people who've gone on to at least brtish title level namely Dereck Chisora who he took the distance! Matchroom have a lot riding on AJ and they wont rush him and rightly so, this kid has it in him to take British boxing back to the popularity back in the Benn/Eubank days. He will be at least British champ quite likely commonwealth by his 10th fight east

Another fighter on that card, Callum Smith is going to do big things! He's being stepped up in level of competition and breezing through them. Rumours he has had some monumental sparring sessions with Carl Froch and no giving no quarter in them either.

Think 2014 is going to be huge for British boxing
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby prolific » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 pm

There seems to be talk of Khan vs Mayweather :lol: that will need hyping up to get the money on the table. Hilarious but I wont be surprised if it comes about. Theres also talk of it happening in the UK not the US.

I agree with your take on Hearns position with Joshua. It is frustrating though because he just looks a champ. This journey is going to be special nonetheless.

I'm not sure if I've seen Smith but if he's pushing Froch on then brilliant stuff, looking forward to seeing him fight next but Groves, Carls right I think its too early for him. I miss A LOT of boxing tbh including Ruslan Provodnikov who I hadn't heard of until I heard of his performance last week. Still not seen the fight though. Do you know much about Luke Campbell? He looked decent on the night Joshua made his debut.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Bungle678 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 am

Khan would struggle with Mayweather Sr and he's about 60 and a former smack head! If the fight happens and is in the UK I am fine with it as I'll be there to see the best boxer of my generation, something I doubt I'd be able to get to Vegas and do. The UK angle is the only reason I can see him appealing to Floyd, its well known that Floyd was actually quite jealous of the passion and loyalty of Hattons fans when they met and would love to tap into that in the UK, would fill Wembley comfortably too.

He starting to get a bit of stick because he's market leader now for UK boxing but the repair job Eddie Hearn has done on British boxing is remarkable. Frank warren did a complete hatchet job on peoples trust in the sport with PPV rip offs and inactive fighters. Celebrated almost as much when Anthony Joshua signed to matchroom as I did when we got Ozil, genuinely, right place for him even over Goldenboy or Top Rank. He'll come good and he be huge!

Provodnikov is a monster, he can box but he goes out for wars and he's loves it that way. If you get the chance watch fight versus Timothy Bradley on Youtube, straight up on of the best fights I have seen for a long time.

Little bit gutted the fights came so soon for Groves, part of me secretley hopes a minor injury to Froch delays this fight, that way Groves gets another bout in and the fight could happen next summer in a stadium which I think it could do and sell out!
As it stands I think Groves splitting from Adam Booth as a trainer is massive, Booth tactically is the best we have here maybe even the world. Without him I think Groves is at a huge disadvangtage. What I will say though is we havent seen the best George Groves yet however we have seen the best Carl Froch.

Luke Campbell is another talent, rapid hand speed, will breeze through domestically will see what he really has once he reaches European level.
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby prolific » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Talk of Khan vs Mayweather Jr. are officially under way now. Got to hand it to him, Amir isn't ducking opponents.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:15 pm

prolific wrote:Talk of Khan vs Mayweather Jr. are officially under way now. Got to hand it to him, Amir isn't ducking opponents.

Looking for a big pay day but I will be routing for him anyway.
I'm still hoping to see Brook vs Khan.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Return to Boxing