The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Maxim Dadashev has died from injuries he suffered during his fight on Friday.

R.I.P.

Boxing is so much more dangerous than MMA.


There are worse ways to die.

Thankfully its extremely rare, also people have died in MMA as well ......... mostly from cutting to hard the fkin cowards.

Cutting should be banned, weight loss is fine, but not that extreme water weight BS they do, they endanger everyone by doing that because people have to copy it or lose the edge.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Cutting is a problem in MMA because they have fewer weight divisions that go up by at least 10 lb increments.

After 170 it goes to 185, then 205, then 265...

In boxing there a million divisions and no drastic leaps between them so cutting isn't an issue.
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20979
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Cutting is a problem in MMA because they have fewer weight divisions that go up by at least 10 lb increments.

After 170 it goes to 185, then 205, then 265...

In boxing there a million divisions and no drastic leaps between them so cutting isn't an issue.


Oh it is.

James Toney once lost nearly 2 stone to make weight when he was a MW.

Even Chris Eubank Jr a MW (who doesn't cut) was moaning that George Groves was basically a LHW, he cuts from 13.04st to just under 12st.

Cruiserweight's weigh in at 200 lbs but cut down from 218+ ........ they're all at it.

I walk around at 198 lbs on the weekend and am 202 lbs right now, these Cruiserweight's are much bigger than I am.

Everyone should simply weigh in on the day of the fight, that way people will have to get down in weight properly i.e Fat and muscle or risk being in a weakened state if they choose to cheat with a hard water cut.

Why should other people have to risk their health just because some fools can't skill up to win and have to rely on size ......... not even any point doing that now because everyone is cutting so you don't even get a size advantage for doing it, its just dumb.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:00 am

Agree 100%.

They do same day weigh ins in wrestling, all combat sports should be like that.
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20979
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Maxim Dadashev has died from injuries he suffered during his fight on Friday.

R.I.P.

Boxing is so much more dangerous than MMA.



indeed.... RIP
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9324
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:43 am

There are reports Whyte failed a drug test before the Rivas fight.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:57 am

Apparently Matchroom and Whyte were aware of the failure before the fight yet it still went forward, Rivas was unaware.

He should sue the fvck out of them.

How can someone who got caught cheating beforehand be allowed to compete in a sport where lives are on the line? (as we just saw a couple days ago)

That is horrific, heads need to roll.
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20979
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:05 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Apparently Matchroom and Whyte were aware of the failure before the fight yet it still went forward, Rivas was unaware.

He should sue the fvck out of them.

How can someone who got caught cheating beforehand be allowed to compete in a sport where loves are on the line? (As we just saw a couple days ago)

That is horrific, heads need to roll.

Well it's down to the governing bodies, at the end of the day. Why did they sanction the fight if he failed a drug test?

This is giving me hope It's something recreational. If not, his mandatory position for Wilder fight is gone. Hell, his PPV career might be over.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:41 am

Fkin idiot especially after he tried to slag off Joshua for it when Joshua has never been done for it.

Is he facing any issues with the board though because it looks like they let it go right?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Fkin idiot especially after he tried to slag off Joshua for it when Joshua has never been done for it.

Is he facing any issues with the board though because it looks like they let it go right?

To my understanding, the only reason they sanctioned the fight is because the investigation is still ongoing and there is a presumption of innocence, but he's absolutely going to get nailed, provided it is actual roids and not a recreational drug.

He's been banned for 2 years before so worst case scenario he could even get a life ban.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Fkin idiot especially after he tried to slag off Joshua for it when Joshua has never been done for it.

Is he facing any issues with the board though because it looks like they let it go right?

To my understanding, the only reason they sanctioned the fight is because the investigation is still ongoing and there is a presumption of innocence, but he's absolutely going to get nailed, provided it is actual roids and not a recreational drug.

He's been banned for 2 years before so worst case scenario he could even get a life ban.


Have you noticed all the tossers giving it to Joshua about his physique, claiming roids are the ones getting busted Miller, now Whyte, Karma is funny like that.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Argentinean boxer Hugo Santillan has died following a fight, just 23 years old.

Christ, awful week for the sport.

R.I.P.
Image



Invincibles Never Die
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 20979
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Wow, two boxers in one week? What is going on?
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34961
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Argentinean boxer Hugo Santillan has died following a fight, just 23 years old.

Christ, awful week for the sport.

R.I.P.


Question ............

Do you think this has anything to do with cutting to make weight? I'd be interested to hear his walk around weight compared to fight week.

Maybe its not connected but this is what I'm talking about, if you box you need to walk in that ring in optimal health, not drained of fluids then re-put back in 12hrs later on fight day, the body doesn't work like that.

I know that MMA australian girl died from cutting weight last year I think.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Jedi » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:52 am

Fury fighting another nobody... Tbh I'm getting sick and tired of these shit fights from him. Couldn't he have just fought someone like Pulev?
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest