The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:36 am

He looked like a contestant from the Masked Singer.

Mind you, Fury's outfit was equally ridiculous. I burst out laughing when I saw him on that float.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 am

He shouldn't make excuses for poor decision making but I guess if they want to sell a rematch he needs something to convince people to pay for a 3rd.

But he's right about his legs looking weak. I was surprised but how easily Tyson was tagging him with the jab. It didn't make sense for him to be shocked by the handspeed considering they fought before. His distancing and leg work looked poor on the night and he was breathing heavy in the 3rd before the knockdown.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:00 am

He needs to train in that suit if he wants to wear it before the next fight.

Especially the road running part.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:34 am

Power n Glory wrote:He shouldn't make excuses for poor decision making but I guess if they want to sell a rematch he needs something to convince people to pay for a 3rd.

But he's right about his legs looking weak. I was surprised but how easily Tyson was tagging him with the jab. It didn't make sense for him to be shocked by the handspeed considering they fought before. His distancing and leg work looked poor on the night and he was breathing heavy in the 3rd before the knockdown.

It does when Wilder put on 20lbs since the last fight slowing him down and making him stiff.

I've never seen Wilder look so bad.

Seems he made stupid decisions from training to the walk in.

No sympathy from me, too many fighters want to be online sensations and clowns first, fighters 2nd, and they wonder why stupid sh*t like this happens.

................. but lets be honest, the real reason he lost is because Fury is the better boxer and unlike last time he didn't just carry Wilder and out box him for 12 rounds he put it in on him, that's the main difference.

Wilder only has one weapon and Fury was tucking his chin into his shoulder and ranging him out all night long, Wilder didn't have a chance.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Wilder is a bully boy, he lost to someone he couldn't bully.

He has been a good champion though, 10 defences is nothing to sniff at.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Rockape » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:55 pm

You can understand why everyone has underestimated Tyson Fury and even before this fight, few people would suggest he was going to win. Different story now.....he's put in a performance that makes everyone think Wilder has no chance in a rematch and that AJ would be second favourite, if and when they fight.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:57 pm

AJ has been boxing since he was 18, fury since he was 5, it's very hard to close that level of experience up.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Rockape wrote:You can understand why everyone has underestimated Tyson Fury and even before this fight, few people would suggest he was going to win. Different story now.....he's put in a performance that makes everyone think Wilder has no chance in a rematch and that AJ would be second favourite, if and when they fight.

I don't think he was underestimated, I had it 50/50.

The problem now is Fury just took everything away from Wilder in 7 rounds.

Bigger, better boxer and now no more pillow hands.

All Wilder ever had on Fury was power .......... now Fury's even taken that away by showing he now has power to trouble Wilder right back.

Add up all the advantages and Fury's got Wilder's number.

I even had my doubts about Wilder finishing Fury anyway because of the first fight, he tagged Fury twice clean and Fury still got up.

Fury actually said it was those last 2mins of the 12th round that he based his game plan for the rematch on, he said he noticed that after he got up and starting going for Wilder, that he realised Wilder could be bullied and got to.

Wilder's never beating Fury, he can be outboxed, he can be hurt, he can be pressed ........... there's not much Wilder can do back save for a hail mary right hand which just about sums up his chances
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Rockape wrote:You can understand why everyone has underestimated Tyson Fury and even before this fight, few people would suggest he was going to win. Different story now.....he's put in a performance that makes everyone think Wilder has no chance in a rematch and that AJ would be second favourite, if and when they fight.

Anyone who knows boxing knows Fury has always been the favourite over Joshua.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Oh no ............ lol.

Dillian White breaks down and cracks up talking about how deluded and smacked up Wilder got, forward to 4:30 if you don't want to listen to the whole interview.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 pm

I was just thinking if by some miracle Wilder wins the trilogy fight does that mean they will fight for a fourth time?

Usually whoever wins the third fight of a trilogy "wins" the entire trilogy since it will be 2-1 in someone's favour, but since the first fight was wrongly declared a draw if Wilder wins the trilogy fight they will be tied overall.

I'm just saying I'd rather see the winner of the third fight face Joshua rather than running it back for the 4th time in a row (even though they are amazing fights), we need fresh match ups and I don't want Joshua frozen out until potentially 2022 or something.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:34 am

Would be funny if that happened tbf and AJ is just sat there holding his belts with no good challengers for 2 years :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:15 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I was just thinking if by some miracle Wilder wins the trilogy fight does that mean they will fight for a fourth time?

Usually whoever wins the third fight of a trilogy "wins" the entire trilogy since it will be 2-1 in someone's favour, but since the first fight was wrongly declared a draw if Wilder wins the trilogy fight they will be tied overall.

I'm just saying I'd rather see the winner of the third fight face Joshua rather than running it back for the 4th time in a row (even though they are amazing fights), we need fresh match ups and I don't want Joshua frozen out until potentially 2022 or something.

So look at it from a different angle.

If you were Wilder and you fluked a revenge win ........... would you ever let that crazy gypsy anywhere near your belt again??

No, if Wilder wins he's running for the hills and banging down AJ's door for the mega fight he's due to miss out on.

I said when he chose to fight Fury and especially when he turned down the DAZN offer that he's an idiot who's risking Fury nicking his place for the AJ mega fight ........... and look what's happened now!!

£100m down the fkin pan and the unification of the HW division is now at Fury's finger tips instead of Wilders.

What a fkin idiot!!

Wilder is his own worst enemy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:I was just thinking if by some miracle Wilder wins the trilogy fight does that mean they will fight for a fourth time?

If you were Wilder and you fluked a revenge win ........... would you ever let that crazy gypsy anywhere near your belt again??

No, if Wilder wins he's running for the hills and banging down AJ's door for the mega fight he's due to miss out on.

I said when he chose to fight Fury and especially when he turned down the DAZN offer that he's an idiot who's risking Fury nicking his place for the AJ mega fight ........... and look what's happened now!!

£100m down the fkin pan and the unification of the HW division is now at Fury's finger tips instead of Wilders.

What a fkin idiot!!

There's no doubt at all that Fury's camp will insist on a rematch clause in the contract.

If that is in there (as it is with the most recent fight) then he will have no choice.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:45 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What a fkin idiot!!

There's no doubt at all that Fury's camp will insist on a rematch clause in the contract.

If that is in there (as it is with the most recent fight) then he will have no choice.

There is no new contract, this is an option based on the existing contract.

The contract for the original rematch had a rematch clause already in it, Wilder is simply activating that rematch clause.

There is no option for a 4th fight because there is no new contract being arranged so in a nut shell .......... Fury can't insist on sh*t.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing