The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Ach » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:We already saw Fury dominate Wilder.

Yeah, gloating while Joshua fans are in ruins will be great.

Can't wait for Cripps' "always been a fan" face turn after Fury is victorious.

It's not about guaranteeing a Joshua victory, it's about who you want to win.

Best believe I'm coming for all your heads once the Gypsy King has taken off AJ's.

:sneaky:

Never done that in my life
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Who the f**k is paying for that fight unless you’re desperate to rim AJ’s arsehole

This will be on Dazn.

You don't have to pay if you have it, not sure about Britain though, don't think they've launched over here?

All of AJ’s fights will be on sky box office

The article says it's Sky Box Office.

Lol, imagine paying for this.

He is a heavyweight champion from the UK, they get behind their fighter's and will pay for it, not like the USA where no one gets behind deontay, he would have to do fuckeries like beat his Missus and throw money at strippers to get PPV buys.

It's not about getting behind your fighter, it's about not paying for bullshit.

Do you think I bought bullshit Mayweather fights like against Conor or Berto?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Who the f**k is paying for that fight unless you’re desperate to rim AJ’s arsehole

This will be on Dazn.

You don't have to pay if you have it, not sure about Britain though, don't think they've launched over here?

All of AJ’s fights will be on sky box office

The article says it's Sky Box Office.

Lol, imagine paying for this.

He is a heavyweight champion from the UK, they get behind their fighter's and will pay for it, not like the USA where no one gets behind deontay, he would have to do fuckeries like beat his Missus and throw money at strippers to get PPV buys.

It's not about getting behind your fighter, it's about not paying for bullshit.

Do you think I bought bullshit Mayweather fights like against Conor or Berto?

PPV in the UK is a lot cheaper than America I think though, it's £20 here, you guys got to pay like 85 dollars or some fuckeries like that, sure for that price I would want a real deal fight, canelo v GGG wilder V fury etcc.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 pm

True, still wouldn't pay for this though.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:True, still wouldn't pay for this though.

Was about to say I will, then remembered this will be on what time in the UK?

Depends what time, probably go drinking round a mates and get it on so I won't be paying, they will.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:We already saw Fury dominate Wilder.

We also saw him nearly get knocked out cold.

Anything could happen in the rematch, no ones questioning who the more skilled boxer is out of the two but power plays a big part in a fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:True, still wouldn't pay for this though.

Was about to say I will, then remembered this will be on what time in the UK?

Depends what time, probably go drinking round a mates and get it on so I won't be paying, they will.

Walk outs probably between 2-3am
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:42 am

Joshua and Hearn definitely lost the PR battle on this one. I mean, they will still make a lot of money but check out any comment section with anything involving AJ and It's people shitting on them for not getting a proper fight.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:19 am

What's he supposed to do?

Fury and wilder are both avoiding him and whyte is a dick
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:45 am

Ach wrote:What's he supposed to do?

Fury and Wilder aren't ducking him. They're doing a rematch which is very obvious and created a lot of buzz. Both will be interested in fighting Joshua after they conclude their own thing,

I agree though that he really wanted a bigger fight this time around, but he's paying the price for ducking Wilder for so long. Nobody believes him now when he's actually not ducking. We're seeing the modern remake of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". People are just tired of the lies and excuses.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 am

Frank Warren has said he has an open offer for Joshua to fight Fury - on a 50% purse split.

He was on the radio this morning saying Joshua’s camp are offering peanuts to everyone decent, and are doing that deliberately to avoid fighting them. He reckons this guy Joshua is fighting is way below the top standard, and would probably get beaten by Derek Chisora.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am

Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:What's he supposed to do?

Fury and Wilder aren't ducking him. They're doing a rematch which is very obvious and created a lot of buzz. Both will be interested in fighting Joshua after they conclude their own thing,

I agree though that he really wanted a bigger fight this time around, but he's paying the price for ducking Wilder for so long. Nobody believes him now when he's actually not ducking. We're seeing the modern remake of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". People are just tired of the lies and excuses.

Exactly

Theyd rather do a rematch than face the champ. Perfect definition of ducking. They've already faced each other once ffs and neither got the job done. Neither came out of it looking good with wilder failing to beat a fat overweight gypsy who's done nothing for years and fury being put on the floor twice by a guy who can't beat a fat overweight gypsy.

Fury was offered a 40:60 split which is as good as he was going to get seeing as he literally brings nothing to the table. Warren saying he wants 50/50 knowing he'll never get it is just another case of his camp ducking.

As for wilder, AJ has called him out live on air plenty of times. The silence is golden. He'd rather have a fight with someone he's already fought which no one wants to see.

So AJ can't wait and he booked this fight with Miller who unlike the other 2 hasn't ducked. Don't see him making plans for a rematch against someone he's fought to stay out of AJs way. He's stepped up. Never heard of him but he has my respect and he will get AJs fists
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Everything's beginning to shape up nicely again in boxing.

WBC has (finally) ordered Brezeale to man up and fight Whyte, this will be great and get Whyte in line to fight Fury or Wilder if they want to continue ducking AJ, which until they stop saying they won't fight unless its 50/50 split I will accuse them of.

Whyte is ecstatic.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... ony-Joshua

AJ fight Miller in New york so he makes his American debut against a colourful character.

Fury vs Wilder rematch

This is all progression for the top 4 HW's, the winners will all start to face each other after these fights.

AJ's mega unification match should happen late this year.

PS - I'm actually hyped for DeGale vs Eubank Jr, think that will be a great fight to tie me over until the HW's.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Everything's beginning to shape up nicely again in boxing.

WBC has (finally) ordered Brezeale to man up and fight Whyte, this will be great and get Whyte in line to fight Fury or Wilder if they want to continue ducking AJ, which until they stop saying they won't fight unless its 50/50 split I will accuse them of.

Whyte is ecstatic.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... ony-Joshua

AJ fight Miller in New york so he makes his American debut against a colourful character.

Fury vs Wilder rematch

This is all progression for the top 4 HW's, the winners will all start to face each other after these fights.

AJ's mega unification match should happen late this year.

PS - I'm actually hyped for DeGale vs Eubank Jr, think that will be a great fight to tie me over until the HW's.

Whyte wouldn’t have a chance against Wilder or Fury.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Phil71 wrote:Whyte wouldn’t have a chance against Wilder or Fury.

Doesn't matter, he still deserves a title shot if he beats Breazeale and its still a fight I def want to see, specifically him vs Wilder which could be a great fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing