The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Losmeister » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Jedi wrote:Ruiz is an idiot. How can you weigh in even fatter. His heavyweight career is going to get derailed by diabetes.

ate all the tamales BEFORE Xmas!!!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:15 pm

I reckon AJ has spent the last six months dancing, in preparation for this rematch. He’ll keep right out of reach, spend most of his time back tracking, in the hope Ruiz tires himself out. AJ will the knock him out in the 11th.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Rockape wrote:I reckon AJ has spent the last six months dancing, in preparation for this rematch. He’ll keep right out of reach, spend most of his time back tracking, in the hope Ruiz tires himself out. AJ will the knock him out in the 11th.

He's got hit and move written all over him.

I recon he's also trying to take a que from Wilder's book keeping a trimmer, leaner figure better for quicker hands.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:I reckon AJ has spent the last six months dancing, in preparation for this rematch. He’ll keep right out of reach, spend most of his time back tracking, in the hope Ruiz tires himself out. AJ will the knock him out in the 11th.

He's got hit and move written all over him.

I recon he's also trying to take a que from Wilder's book keeping a trimmer, leaner figure better for quicker hands.

Yep....in fact he’ll probably be so scared of getting hit again that he might be afraid to go for the ko when he has the chance. Points win in hindsight.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:37 pm

That's probably the strategy but I don't think AJ has the stamina to go the distance and I can't see him out boxing Ruiz either. If Ruiz doesn't respect AJ's power, he'll walk AJ down, slip his punches and wear him down with body shots. All depends on how Ruiz reacts to getting hit and if AJ can hurt him. Needs to make him think twice about trying to close the distance.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Ruiz would be foolish not to respect Joshua's power considering he got dropped in the first fight.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ruiz would be foolish not to respect Joshua's power considering he got dropped in the first fight.

He took a much harder shot from Joshua in the first fight right after he got knocked down and then knocked Joshua down. Took a hard left on the second round before the knockdown as well. Still walked him down. He has a good chin.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Ruiz would be foolish not to respect Joshua's power considering he got dropped in the first fight.

He took a much harder shot from Joshua in the first fight right after he got knocked down and then knocked Joshua down. Took a hard left on the second round before the knockdown as well. Still walked him down. He has a good chin.

Having a good chin and respecting someone's power are different.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Having a good chin and respecting someone's power are different.

They are but you know what I'm talking about when I say Ruiz was able to walk AJ down, take his best shots, not back off and still trade punches after a heavy hit. If not, the first fight is on YouTube. It might just be the Mexican bravado, but there was a point where AJ sparked Ruiz and Ruiz simply shook his head and kept coming forwards. When a fighter can take your best shot, it's got to knock your confidence a bit. Ruiz was knocked down but Joshua caught him square and off balance. I don't think he actually hurt Ruiz so he needs to for this fight. Luiz legs were still rock solid and steady after a knockdown. But it's heavyweight boxing so anything can happen.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm

I know what you're talking about I'm just saying it'd be foolish for Ruiz not to respect Joshua's power and throw caution to the wind.

I definitely have more faith in Ruiz being able to take Joshua's best punch than vice versa but he should still fight responsibly.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I know what you're talking about I'm just saying it'd be foolish for Ruiz not to respect Joshua's power and throw caution to the wind.

I definitely have more faith in Ruiz being able to take Joshua's best punch than vice versa but he should still fight responsibly.

I'm sure he will fight responsibly defend properly. That's not what I mean. It's more a case of whether AJ can force Ruiz to take a step back and be a bit more cautious when trying to get on the inside to exchange punches.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Can't wait for this, going to be great.

I just hope both boxers bring it and Joshua doesn't have a mental meltdown like last time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Younger Joshua was a monster, obviously competition was not elite but you could see how much quicker his combos were.

I think because he doesn't maybe have the best chin he thought bulking on loads of muscle and doing crazy neck weight excises would make his chin a lot better.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 pm

Joshua gonna win n everyone will be back to blowing him
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Santi wrote:Joshua gonna win n everyone will be back to blowing him

Even though his celebrity status has got to him and his apathy in the last fight got him the spanking he deserves, I like the fact that he's gone back to basics, shelved his 18" arms and replaced them with a boxers physique.

He's done the hard work and made the changes, I have to root for him as a Brit, I don't want Al Haymon controlling the HW div and freezing out Usyk, Whyte, Joshua and co.

AJ needs to do this for British boxing and the world.

That's why even Dillian Whyte is wishing AJ luck, he's been no1 ranked in the WBC for 2 years and they won't give him a title shot against Wilder, fkin disraceful.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing