The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Yep.

Fury could win 11 rounds against Wilder and Deontay would still have the great equalizer that is his right hand.

He can erase everything that has happened in a fight with one punch, AJ can't.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby BS221B » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Worth to mention that Fury has no problem of fighting outside of UK. While AJ got knocked out by a fat Mexican man in his first professional fight outside of UK :hehe:

Fury beating Klitchko in Germany tops anything AJ has done in his career. AJ could only dream it.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Yep.

Fury could win 11 rounds against Wilder and Deontay would still have the great equalizer that is his right hand.

That's BS.

Tell that to to the 21 KO's out of 23 fights.

He even floored Ruiz who's never hit the deck in his career, not sure why your sleeping on AJ's power, its comparable to Wilder's.

As for Fury, yes he looked good but he was fighting a bum, a no namer, since when does Fury drop people in 2 rounds?

I don't want to see a man who doesn't even hold a belt fighting nobodies, Fury should be trying to cement a belt, hopefully he signs the Wilder rematch.

............. if he beats Wilder and then Ruiz / AJ though I think he'll have to go down as an all time great tbf.

He'll be right up there with the Larry Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Ali and Foreman's of the world.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 pm

BS221B wrote:Worth to mention that Fury has no problem of fighting outside of UK. While AJ got knocked out by a fat Mexican man in his first professional fight outside of UK :hehe:

Fury beating Klitchko in Germany tops anything AJ has done in his career. AJ could only dream it.

He didn't lose to Ruiz because he was in America, he lost to Ruiz because he over looked a good fighter and had no answer to Ruiz's style.

You dismissing Ruiz as just a "Fat mexican" shows your level of knowledge in boxing i.e you have none, worse than a band wagon fan.

I didn't know who Ruiz was but the moment he signed I looked up his record and watched footage of him and my first impression was "Sh*t this guys actually got hands and skills", I knew right then he could be a problem and isaid as much when I posted a clip of him on here before the fight, don't get me wrong I expected AJ to win, he's come through tough fights before but Ruiz is one of the best HW's around, to just judge him on his appearance is amateurish.

But its you so I expect nothing less and low quality.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 pm

briefly, AJ is way too slow for Fury and has small too teeny tiny chance of surviving Fury's speed and elusiveness.

and..ya think AJ gets up from a Wilder punch? I dont.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

That's BS.

How many of those were one punch KOs?

Wilder puts people to sleep.

Their power is not comparable.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby BS221B » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Sensitive too much? Just a classic DG post tbh. Looking down upon others opinions and acting like himself is a boxing guru. Just remember that Owen is a Ballon d'Or winner footballer but he has the worst opinions you could imagine as pundit.

And yes, AJ lost because the match was outside of UK. If he were to fight Ruiz Jr in UK, he could win ten out of ten times. I dont see any problem with referring Ruiz Jr. as a fat Mexican man, because he is the one and you know it.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 am

BS221B wrote:Sensitive too much? Just a classic DG post tbh. Looking down upon others opinions and acting like himself is a boxing guru. Just remember that Owen is a Ballon d'Or winner footballer but he has the worst opinions you could imagine as pundit.

And yes, AJ lost because the match was outside of UK. If he were to fight Ruiz Jr in UK, he could win ten out of ten times. I dont see any problem with referring Ruiz Jr. as a fat Mexican man, because he is the one and you know it.

I don't look down upon others I look down on you because of your history of crap posting and crap opinions.

For example ........... you thinking that boxing in the UK makes AJ into some sort of "better" fighter like its a super power is unbelievable.

There's a square ring and each fighter has two fists, you read into the home vs away view like a fkin amateur.

Did City lose to Arsenal when they came to the Emirates? a better team is a better team and a better fighter is a better fighter, AJ lost because he's always found short fighters awkward, the difference is Ruiz put it on him properly.

That home and away reference is mental, AJ lost because Ruiz was countering with flurries and he couldn't handle the speed and was getting hit.

Not having an answer for those tactics is about skill, not mentality.

No amount of strong mentality would of made AJ's temple any more durable to take that punch and survive.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 am

As of now I'd say the HW ranking is ............

1- Fury
2 - Deontay
3 - Ruiz
4 - AJ

But Fury needs to get a belt, no point being the best if your not the champ.

I'm very disappointed in AJ, more so because of the way he didn't even look focused against Ruiz, he and Hearn built this "I'm invincible" brand and it looked to me the pressure to remain unbeaten got to him, he was too busy being a "celebrity" and choking on his own hype.
The one thing I'll give credit to Wilder and Fury is even though they think their the best they never forget to actually fight like they need to win, Wilder especially fights people like he's having a street fight and is fighting for his life ........... which is how your supposed to fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:41 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's BS.

How many of those were one punch KOs?

Wilder puts people to sleep.

Their power is not comparable.

Wilder has more power, but Joshua is more likely to land, he's better at going to the body, he's better at fighting on the inside and simply has a more varied offense.

He had a shocking loss to Ruiz due to being caught with a big shot but he's still an Olympic gold medalist. Both Wilder and Fury will end up losing too, none of these guys will finish their careers undefeated.

Even though i agree Fury is the favorite, Fury vs Joshua is far from a foregone conclusion. It will be a very tough fight for Fury.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby BS221B » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:43 pm

It doesnt apply for most of the boxers, but for AJ, it absolutely does. He is mentally weak.

You are delusional if you think that AJ has a chance against Wilder in US.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Sims wrote:There’s no words to describe him tbh

He's a cokehead who fluctuates between obesity and just a fat shithouse while suffering from depression who also has the speed, reflexes and agility of a middleweight and the boxing pedigree of an Olympic champion.

Plus not a bad singer either! :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:27 am

Nice gesture.

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman