The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Well would you look at this? Surprise, surprise

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Joshua is more than willing to fight trash-talking, Brooklyn-based heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden this spring.

World Boxing News was the first to report Monday that Joshua is seriously contemplating boxing Miller in his next fight in the United States.

Jarrell Miller, not Chisora, not a Whyte rematch which would've been bad enough.

Jarrell Big Baby Miller.

Just lol, nothing more to say.

Joshua has April booked at Wembley, not sure how this rumour could be true, unless their cancelling Wembley due to lack of a big name?

Again though, your acting like that's his fault, he's called out Wilder, offered him the date, Wilder wants Fury so he can get his ego back intact ........ how is that Joshua's fault?

You really need to check your agenda on this one, its oozing out of your pores.

You may not like Joshua and that's fine, but if the weathers cold your pinning that on Joshua, it looks desperate.

So he has to fight an actual pubber in Big Baby Miller because he can't fight Wilder?

That is an absolute farce and has nothing to do with the Wilder/Fury saga, Miller is a joke opponent.

He's not fighting Miller!!!

If he fought Miller it would be to fight in America for marketing purposes, but seeing as he's not fighting in America but Wembley then it'll be someone else.

Tbf I wouldn't mind him fighting Miller if he's forced to wait for Wilder / Fury, what else is he supposed to do? he's beat everyone else.

Also on a side note Miller is only in the picture because he's controlled by Hearn and Hearn gets double the fee if he has two fighter on the same card.

He basically gives the whole story here ................

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4639 ... der-fight/

Miller in NY will only be considered if he can't get Wilder or another big name.

How about not turn down $50m from Wilder initially?
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Price wins.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

If he fought Miller it would be to fight in America for marketing purposes, but seeing as he's not fighting in America but Wembley then it'll be someone else.

Tbf I wouldn't mind him fighting Miller if he's forced to wait for Wilder / Fury, what else is he supposed to do? he's beat everyone else.

He can fight Luis Ortiz, who is a nightmare match up for anyone (see his fight against Wilder) and is up there with Fury for the most skilled HW.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Buatsi wins in a round.

Main event next.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:34 pm

I though Chisora died for a hot sec
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jedi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Joshua and Hearn booed by their own fan base lol

The people know
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Shame. Can't stand Whyte.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Phil71 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Fair play to Chisora. He went for it from the off.

But that was a good punch. Right on the button. Goodnight.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:22 am

Whyte surely gone to the top of the list to face the champ after that win

With Wilder and Fury failing to impress, Whyte deserves it
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:04 am

Cannoner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that Joshua is more than willing to fight trash-talking, Brooklyn-based heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden this spring.

World Boxing News was the first to report Monday that Joshua is seriously contemplating boxing Miller in his next fight in the United States.

Jarrell Miller, not Chisora, not a Whyte rematch which would've been bad enough.

Jarrell Big Baby Miller.

Joshua has April booked at Wembley, not sure how this rumour could be true, unless their cancelling Wembley due to lack of a big name?

Again though, your acting like that's his fault, he's called out Wilder, offered him the date, Wilder wants Fury so he can get his ego back intact ........ how is that Joshua's fault?

You may not like Joshua and that's fine, but if the weathers cold your pinning that on Joshua, it looks desperate.

So he has to fight an actual pubber in Big Baby Miller because he can't fight Wilder?

That is an absolute farce and has nothing to do with the Wilder/Fury saga, Miller is a joke opponent.

Also on a side note Miller is only in the picture because he's controlled by Hearn and Hearn gets double the fee if he has two fighter on the same card.

Miller in NY will only be considered if he can't get Wilder or another big name.

Ask yourself one question just to be a little smarter and a little wiser, rather than just a sheep.

Wilder or Shelly Finkel doesn't have $50m.

They basically offered Joshua $50m of the expected profit, expected profit!!

And to do that Joshua had to give up all his rights, rights of venue, timescale, country, the lot.

In fact when Hearn flew out to NY to meet Finkel about the offer Finkel turned around and cancelled the meeting, saying "Sign or we don't meet".

Not even offering to discuss anything, the reason he didn't want that meeting is because he knew that Hearn would say "Where's this money coming from?" etc etc Shelly didn't want to answer that ............... Joshua rightfully turned it down.

Why blow your beans on one fight when he could earn more than $50m in two fights and half of that or so every other fight in the future?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sydney Gooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:43 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He can fight Luis Ortiz, who is a nightmare match up for anyone (see his fight against Wilder) and is up there with Fury for the most skilled HW.

Ortiz isn't as credible a contender as Whyte is and isn't going to sell a Wembley fight.
Sydney Gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I would love to see Whyte vs Wilder.

That would be a great match up stylistically.

Wilder's been dodging him though for a while now so I don't think its going to happen.

Whyte vs Ortiz would be another great match up, or Miller.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cannoner » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Cannoner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Jarrell Big Baby Miller.

Ask yourself one question just to be a little smarter and a little wiser, rather than just a sheep.

Wilder or Shelly Finkel doesn't have $50m.

They basically offered Joshua $50m of the expected profit, expected profit!!

And to do that Joshua had to give up all his rights, rights of venue, timescale, country, the lot.

In fact when Hearn flew out to NY to meet Finkel about the offer Finkel turned around and cancelled the meeting, saying "Sign or we don't meet".

Not even offering to discuss anything, the reason he didn't want that meeting is because he knew that Hearn would say "Where's this money coming from?" etc etc Shelly didn't want to answer that ............... Joshua rightfully turned it down.

Why blow your beans on one fight when he could earn more than $50m in two fights and half of that or so every other fight in the future?

Finkel said they provided proof of funds and I believe him over shady car salesman Hearn.

His old man Bazza gave the game away in his interview with IFLTV. They don't need to fight Wilder. They have a money making machine that they'll keep rinsing.

Expect Whyte then Usyk.

For the record I think AJ himself wants it, but it's the promoter that is dodging.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Sydney Gooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ortiz isn't as credible a contender as Whyte is and isn't going to sell a Wembley fight.

Any Joshua fight is going to sell out Wembley.

And we were talking about who Joshua could fight instead of Miller, Ortiz is a million times more credible an opponent than him.

I'd rather see Joshua vs Ortiz than Whyte, let's see how he does against a crafty southpaw; it would serve him well to get in there against a top boxer in preparation for his inevitable fight against Fury.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:54 am

Cannoner wrote:
Finkel said they provided proof of funds and I believe him over shady car salesman Hearn.

His old man Bazza gave the game away in his interview with IFLTV. They don't need to fight Wilder. They have a money making machine that they'll keep rinsing.

Expect Whyte then Usyk.

For the record I think AJ himself wants it, but it's the promoter that is dodging.

Finkel wouldn't even meet Eddie Hearn, that's what sounded the alarm bells, how did they show the money?

Eddie flew out to NY, saying "Yes for 50m we're interested" Finkel cancelled the fkin meeting because he didn't want to be put under the spot light.

Barry spoke out of turn, he said "What I would do" but he has no say, Joshua and Eddie don't answer to him so his words have no weight, fact is Joshua is blatantly trying to fight Wilder, no one is doubting that now.

You can call Hearn a shady car salesman but he puts on the best shows around, people hate on Hearn but that baffles me, when I pay for a PPV I know his cards deliver, personally I think the mans a genius, he has good business acumen.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing