The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Cannoner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am

Don't think anyone's doubting what he's done for British boxing pal, but he's a snidy salesman and I don't believe a word out of his mouth.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:19 pm

There is zero benefit to AJ fighting Ortiz, if he wins everyone will say Ortiz was old and finished after the wilder fight, no reward for the risk.

Outside of fury or wilder, Whyte is the fight he has earned his shot it is a commercialy huge fight, wilder and fury want to get it on again which they should do, not even an AJ fan but it's an agenda to have a go at him for fighting Whyte.

Also after the fury fuckery AJ would be a a clown to go the US, AJ has put the work in he has taken risks from early on in his career he has earned the right to have things on his terms and I don't even like the fella.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Cannoner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:37 pm

I think the point is they are pushing hard for the Wilder fight now knowing he has a duty to rematch Fury, whereas previously they were skirting round it.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm having a go at him for potentially fighting Miller, which would be a joke.

As far as Whyte, I'd much rather see him fight Ortiz but you yourself said it's too big of a risk.

AJ would rather fight someone he has beat already and avoid the threat of Ortiz.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Cannoner wrote:I think the point is they are pushing hard for the Wilder fight now knowing he has a duty to rematch Fury, whereas previously they were skirting round it.

He doesn't have a duty to fight Fury next though, he's chosen that route.

Are we saying after a years negotiation he doesn't have a duty to take part in this AJ vs Wilder unification fight?

What's more important, Wilder trying to reclaim his pride .......... or every belt in the HW division?

Picture this for a second, Wilder takes the AJ April fight in Wembley, the place goes off the roof, Wilder wins and is undisputed, unified HW champ ............. then rematches Fury!!

Honestly, a rematch with Fury for the unified belts shoots that rematch up another 2 levels, it would be insane scenes in that rematch.

Fury then wins, imagine the fkin scenes, God gave me a draw for a reason will be the headlines.

Now yes we could have the Wilder rematch then Fury fights AJ, again, scenes but ............ we would of skipped and missed out on the Wilder vs AJ unification, robbing all of us.

Wilder imo is cheating himself, he's risking never having a unified fight ever, if Fury beats his ass he's out of the game, he'll have no cards to play for good pay against AJ anymore.

The mans a gullible idiot, Fury has suckered his ego into making this boob, Fury will get the unification fight now because he used Wilder as a stepping stone ............ Pride will indeed do as a weakness.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Wilder is doing the right thing.

It was an amazing fight and most people think he lost.

Credit to him for being open to an immediate rematch after just learning how much better Tyson is than him.

If he didn't rematch Fury everyone would say he is ducking after escaping with his belt by the skin of his teeth thanks to judges - and it would all be true.

Rematch has to happen.

Crazy that you're trying to criticize him for being willing to fight the best HW in the world.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wilder is doing the right thing.

It was an amazing fight and most people think he lost.

Credit to him for being open to an immediate rematch after just learning how much better Tyson is than him.

If he didn't rematch Fury everyone would say he is ducking after escaping with his belt by the skin of his teeth thanks to judges - and it would all be true.

Rematch has to happen.

Crazy that you're trying to criticize him for being willing to fight the best HW in the world.

I'm criticising him for not seeing the bigger picture.

Tyson is laughing, he's done that old Gypsy bargain where you think your quids in then you realise you got sold a bag of moody goods.

If Wilder fights Fury and loses he's out of the picture, the slot that was his for the unification with AJ in Wembley will be Fury's while Wilders watching from home.

The AJ unification is in his grasp, right now, if he takes that fight he has two massive fights for 2019 secured and if he beats AJ he makes the Fury rematch even bigger to epic scale.

If he opts for Fury he risks never having the AJ unification ad only has one big fight next year and then maybe ever .................

He's been suckered, setting himself up for getting his earned opportunity robbed right from under his nose from Fury, the fact he "got away" with it last time should to any clever person make you realise how close he came to losing his chance, take the chance then the rematch.

I'm not criticising Wilder for being up for fighting Fury, I'm criticising him for throwing away a unification fight first, those two pay days would make his career, he loses to Fury he never sees that AJ pay day.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Fair enough, but the way it's played out the rematch has to happen first, we need closure.

Maybe it isn't the smartest thing career wise, but the fact he's willing to risk all that by fighting Fury again is admirable.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Let's say Fury beats Wilder and Joshua vs Fury happens instead. Who's the winner going to fight next? Whyte and Chisora over and over again? Nah, they will all fight each other sooner or later.

Tbh, even if Wilder loses one hand in a car accident that fight still sells, if nothing else, due to the amount of foreplay we've had with these two. They have to fight regardless of belts/status.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:54 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I'm having a go at him for potentially fighting Miller, which would be a joke.

As far as Whyte, I'd much rather see him fight Ortiz but you yourself said it's too big of a risk.

AJ would rather fight someone he has beat already and avoid the threat of Ortiz.

From a commercial point of view miller is unbeaten, a good trash talker that can promote the fight and his American which could potentially give AJ American exposure, it's not a bad fight for a standard defense.

On a commercial basis Whyte, miller or usyk makes far more sense than Ortiz, like I said Ortiz is old and because he got done in already AJ will get f**k all credit, if you was his manager or promoter there is no way you would advise him to take that fight.

Why does it matter that AJ has already beaten Whyte?

You forget that Whyte had Joshua on queer street it wasn't a one round blowout, Whyte has improved massively since then, if he connects he will sleep AJ, look what he did to chisora or Browne, he dropped Parker who had never been hurt.
Marsbar100

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 am

I'm not his promoter though, I'm not trying to protect him.

I'm a fan, I want to see the best fights.

Btw Miller can promote f**k all, he's a fat tub of lard and no one knows who he is.

No clue where you got the idea he can trash talk either.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:45 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I'm not his promoter though, I'm not trying to protect him.

I'm a fan, I want to see the best fights.

Btw Miller can promote f**k all, he's a fat tub of lard and no one knows who he is.

No clue where you got the idea he can trash talk either.

No your not, your a hater who wants to see him fail, the only reason your so obsessed with him fighting Ortiz is because your praying Ortiz beats him and outside of Wilder / Fury you know no one else can.

Well I have news for you, AJ would beat Ortiz so then what?

Miller is AJ's last option, not first and not 2nd, Whyte has built a following in the UK, Ortiz has nothing to offer from a UK standpoint, AJ is chasing high profile fights, Miller would just be a last resort to canvas in America while he waits on Wilder.

Before you say "Well he could fight Ortiz in America" I've already explained, its not about protecting AJ its about Hearn getting double pay and giving one of HIS fighters a crack at the belt.

Walk in with the champ, leave with the champ.

Its called smart business, the fan friendly fight their after is Wilder .......... when he can be bothered to sign.

You harping on about Ortiz is not going to change anything I've mentioned above so why bother?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:52 am

Yh I'm a hater because I want to see the best fight the best.

f***ing lol

And why bother talking about boxing?

What a daft f***ing question, why bother talking about football on a football forum? It won't change anything.

Seriously, what a stupid question, why bother talking about a sport I love and what I want to see happen?

Christ
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:14 am

Whilst I would love to see the Ortiz fight we have to respect boxing is a business, the Whyte fight makes more sense all round, also you aren't acknowledgeing Whyte is dangerous, the ko of Browne and chisora was absolutely brutal, even AJ doesn't usually sleep people like that.
Marsbar100

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:26 am

Anyway, let the record show I'm a hater because I want to see the best HWs in the world fight each other.

Possibly the most asinine thing I've ever read.

And I'm a hater even though I've always backed Joshua to beat Wilder.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing