The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:All of the judges for the Wilder / Fury rematch are American.

Well that's what Fury deserves for being a sell out.

While AJ was building a UK Empire and bringing boxing back to Britain, Fury is having his ass sold to the American Networks by that puke Frank Warren to the highest bidder.

Makes you wonder does Frank even care about his fighters? Hearn would be a lot more cautious, which is why Wilder and AJ fell apart, Wilder's camp wanted it all their own way and Hearn wasn't having it.

I recon Warren believes this retirement come back is just his opportunity to cash in while Fury still retains an interest.

You're forgetting Top Rank and Bob Arum are also behind Fury. I don't expect judges to be an issue in this one.

You mean like last time?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:All of the judges for the Wilder / Fury rematch are American.

Well that's what Fury deserves for being a sell out.

While AJ was building a UK Empire and bringing boxing back to Britain, Fury is having his ass sold to the American Networks by that puke Frank Warren to the highest bidder.

Makes you wonder does Frank even care about his fighters? Hearn would be a lot more cautious, which is why Wilder and AJ fell apart, Wilder's camp wanted it all their own way and Hearn wasn't having it.

I recon Warren believes this retirement come back is just his opportunity to cash in while Fury still retains an interest.

You're forgetting Top Rank and Bob Arum are also behind Fury. I don't expect judges to be an issue in this one.

You mean like last time?

Well he signed the deal with Top Rank only AFTER the first fight with Wilder.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Wilder vs Fury 2 on BT Box Office. - Sunday morning

Postby quickeyg » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:30 pm

What the hell's going on fight fans we got a massive heavyweight fight about to go down at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas between Deontay Wilder & Tyson Fury and its very quiet. It's billed as Unfinished Business. Man, I've paid the £25 - so who you got winning and how. My fridge is bursting with lovely food & drink. The weigh in starts tonight at about 10:30pm see ya there sports fans. Setting my alarm for 4:30am (early Sunday morning)

quickeyg
Liam Brady

Re: Wilder vs Fury 2 on BT Box Office. - Sunday morning

Postby Jedi » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:55 pm

quickeyg wrote:What the hell's going on fight fans we got a massive heavyweight fight about to go down at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas between Deontay Wilder & Tyson Fury and its very quiet. It's billed as Unfinished Business. Man, I've paid the £25 - so who you got winning and how. My fridge is bursting with lovely food & drink. The weigh in starts tonight at about 10:30pm see ya there sports fans. Setting my alarm for 4:30am (early Sunday morning)

It's not a fight I'm looking forward to as a Fury fan. Not because i don't think he can win, but because i don't like the dynamic of the fight which is Fury having to dodge bombs for 12 rounds waiting to see if one lands and brutally knocks him out.

I'll definitely be watching but I feel more anxiety than excitement.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm not watching it.....stoopid o'clock and I'm playing golf in the morning. As Jedi says, if it plays out like we think it will, it will be tenterhooks waiting for Wilder to connect......but hoping he doesn't. If he connects, he wins.... if he doesn't, he loses!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:46 pm

I reckon that cut will open up and the fight will be stopped without Fury even looking like being knocked down. Will try and avoid the result and watch the fight the next morning.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:04 pm

One thing I'll say for sure .................

Someone's winning tonight!!

I don't think ever in boxing history a rematch has resulted in more than one draw.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:57 pm

I think they are the two best, i think AJ is to chinny for Wilder and Fury just outboxes him
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Jedi » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I think they are the two best, i think AJ is to chinny for Wilder and Fury just outboxes him

That's a very popular opinion right now that i don't share in the slightest. Wilder is a disaster waiting to happen. In many ways, Fury is the perfect matchup for him because he doesn't hold a lot of firepower. I could easily see Joshua or even someone like a Michael Hunter knocking out Wilder.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Jedi wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:I think they are the two best, i think AJ is to chinny for Wilder and Fury just outboxes him

That's a very popular opinion right now that i don't share in the slightest. Wilder is a disaster waiting to happen. In many ways, Fury is the perfect matchup for him because he doesn't hold a lot of firepower. I could easily see Joshua or even someone like a Michael Hunter knocking out Wilder.

Fury = Best boxer

Wilder = Best puncher

Joshua = Best of combined (Better boxer than wilder, hits harder than Fury)

Take your pick, game plan, preparation, mental strength and aggression ......... these can be affected fight to fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Won't be watching. Got work next day and it's at a ridiculous time
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Jedi wrote:

Can't see joshua wilder going points, it will not be a shock if joshua did ko him but i just think joshua knows he is chinny, will be cautious and can see wilder landing first because of that. .Joshua can't dodge punches like fury, his size and reach advantage also will not be as clear as it was when he is fighting smaller guys like ruiz, takam, povetkin and parker.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Ach wrote:Won't be watching. Got work next day and it's at a ridiculous time

Welcome to our world watching football every week !
I haven't watched boxing for years but at least now the heavy weight devision is alive again with some character and ability worth watching.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:24 am

am rooting for Fury as I thought he won the 1st bout.

If he REALLY is in better shape and whatnot... will he REALLY try to KO Wilder?

He certainly punched him in teh face weay more times last time... if his power is at all improved can he do it?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:27 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Fury = Best boxer

Wilder = Best puncher

Joshua = Best of combined (Better boxer than wilder, hits harder than Fury)

Take your pick, game plan, preparation, mental strength and aggression ......... these can be affected fight to fight.

for a sec I thought you siad better boxer than Fury... thats what you get for tryna quick-scan multiple posts!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing