The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Rockape » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm

I don't think he was underestimated, I had it 50/50.

You might have, as I did, but the bookies didn’t and nor did co commentator David Haye who thought Wilder would win.

Anyone who knows boxing knows Fury has always been the favourite over Joshua.

Easy to say now, but some of his earlier fights were unconvincing. And... it’s not done ‘till it’s done!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am

referring to a Wilder right hand landing and him being able to then finish Fury off wouldnt be " a miracle" or " a fluke" although it would be
lower percentage/higher return (betting) proposition.

yes, Fury is better. Clearly. But Wilder's power still is dangerous.

It's sorta like Mike Tyson..once people saw they could go at him ....he was toast... when people lay off and let you dictate the terms its entirely different.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:21 pm

Wilder might get step aside money
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Wilder might get step aside money

Nahhhh not going to happen, that's Pulev their talking about not Wilder.

Firstly it would be way to expensive to buy off Wilder in comparison to Pulev, secondly Al Haymon is fuming round about now.

No way he lets Wilder walk away from a rematch, firstly he wants that HW belt so he has a say on the HW division, secondly if Wilder can't get the belt back then he at the very least wants that final £20-£30m pay day because it may be the last one Wilder ever see's and his promoters will want him milked.

The only way I see this being agreed is if the boxing board bans Wilder for too long because of his injury and a rematch is agreed post the AJ vs Fury fight no matter the outcome.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 am

lol Roy Jones just put the nail on the head about Wilders excuse.

"I used to play a game of basketball before my fights, he says a 45lb suit weakend his legs, nah, it was a 273lb man leaning on you that weakned your legs"

@ 2:30

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:59 am

Almost feel sorry for Wilder....he’s been ‘The Man’ for a long time now and probably believed his own hype.

He knows he was well beaten and is trying to convince himself that there were reasons outside of his control that caused it.

He has no option but to go for a rematch, but will know in his heart that he has little chance unless he completely changes tactics and becomes a super quick boxer. ( which he’s never been)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 am

Rockape wrote:Almost feel sorry for Wilder....he’s been ‘The Man’ for a long time now and probably believed his own hype.

He knows he was well beaten and is trying to convince himself that there were reasons outside of his control that caused it.

He has no option but to go for a rematch, but will know in his heart that he has little chance unless he completely changes tactics and becomes a super quick boxer. ( which he’s never been)

I can't wait to see the slaughter all over again, then Wilder can be put in the back ground where he belongs as he's holding up the Fury vs Joshua all British mega fight.

The unification fight HE was supposed to be in, the idiot.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:06 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:lol Roy Jones just put the nail on the head about Wilders excuse.

"I used to play a game of basketball before my fights, he says a 45lb suit weakend his legs, nah, it was a 273lb man leaning on you that weakned your legs"

That and getting repeatedly punched in the face.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 pm

But let's never forget what Wider said to reporters after he defeated Bermane Stiverne. 

In case you have forgotten, Wilder said: “I tell people all the time before I fight them, I let the fighters know, l let the fans know, don’t make excuses for my wins when I win. They did just that.

But if it’s an excuse that actually occurred, keep it to yourself and amongst your team. Go back into the gym and work on that. Because people don’t wanna hear that when you lose.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Rockape wrote:But let's never forget what Wider said to reporters after he defeated Bermane Stiverne. 

In case you have forgotten, Wilder said: “I tell people all the time before I fight them, I let the fighters know, l let the fans know, don’t make excuses for my wins when I win. They did just that.

But if it’s an excuse that actually occurred, keep it to yourself and amongst your team. Go back into the gym and work on that. Because people don’t wanna hear that when you lose.

Brilliant.

Shame one of the reporters didn't throw that at him.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:37 pm

f***ing funny.

He's lost his marbles I think.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:34 am

Phil71 wrote:

f***ing funny.

He's lost his marbles I think.

i found it literally sad.

cant even imagine his own thing... co-opting TF's "gypsy king", ffs
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Delusional talk doesn't sound so bad when you can back it up ............ but when your still doing it even after a loss its just pathetic.

Saying that he's peoples King, who the fk does this guy think he is, he's a boxer ffs, a boxer who's not even champ, your a contender pal, break yourself.

I've always liked Wilder as a fighter but as a person he sucks, so glad Fury took his belt.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Delusional talk doesn't sound so bad when you can back it up ............ but when your still doing it even after a loss its just pathetic.

Saying that he's peoples King, who the fk does this guy think he is, he's a boxer ffs, a boxer who's not even champ, your a contender pal, break yourself.

I've always liked Wilder as a fighter but as a person he sucks, so glad Fury took his belt.

TF was saying in an interview once that he felt Wilder was tryna PUT ON a certain persona that wasnt even him, saying " he should just be himself"

thats what this seems like to me... i mean, taking up boxing for a kid with spina bifida is cool.

when you have chumps whispering in your ear all the time? not a good recipe, imho
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:43 am

Just saw that video....it would be funny if it wasn’t actually quite sad! He needs to watch that fight back, cos clearly that battering has affected his memory!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing