The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 pm

That's a good question actually. I unfortunately do not know that answer.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Errol Spence seriously injured in a car crash.

His Ferrari flipped five times and he was ejected from the car, he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Damn.

I don't understand people who don't wear seat belts.

Anyway I hope he recovers and is able to box again one day.

I don't feel sorry for him.

The words ......... Ferrari .......... flipped 5 times so obvious speeding ........... and no seat belt?

Idiot comes to mind more, not gonna give sympathy to someone just because of their boxing skills over a nobody who's begging to be hurt.

That's harsh.

I still feel terrible about Reyes even though what he did was way worse than Spence.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:57 pm

I feel sorry for innocent women and children getting bombed in Syria by assholes.

You can feel sorry for a spoiled millionaire with no sense of health and safety if you want.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I feel sorry for innocent women and children getting bombed in Syria by assholes.

You can feel sorry for a spoiled millionaire with no sense of health and safety if you want.

So do I?

There is no restriction on how many people you can have sympathy for.

Did you not feel sorry when Reyes died?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 pm

What if the women and children arent wearing a seatbelt?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Was watching Usyk undercard and this kid Patrick Day got brutally knocked out and taken out of the ring on a stretcher. Turns out he had seizures backstage so they took him to the hospital where he had brain surgery and is now in a coma. Hope he makes it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I feel sorry for innocent women and children getting bombed in Syria by assholes.

So do I?

There is no restriction on how many people you can have sympathy for.

Did you not feel sorry when Reyes died?

Honestly ............ nope.

One season at AFC pretty much isn't enough to deserve my undying affinity.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 pm

As for Usyk ..................

Guy's as good as always but erhhm .............. him going for Joshua is purely a money fight.

He's on for Ruiz or Joshua and I think he'll get battered.

I mean for him to say in the presser "Yes you feel how heavy their punches are, even on your arms".

That's not good, at 215 lbs and a light puncher he's reaching too much, basically he wants the big pay day so he's got more to show for when he retires, I'm not even sure he's convinced he can beat them.

Fair play though, mans going down with Holyfield as the greatest Crusier weight of all time so may as well get that mega fight money.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Jedi wrote:Was watching Usyk undercard and this kid Patrick Day got brutally knocked out and taken out of the ring on a stretcher. Turns out he had seizures backstage so they took him to the hospital where he had brain surgery and is now in a coma. Hope he makes it.

just watched a replay.. looked like he was seizing in the ring to me..
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:As for Usyk ..................

Guy's as good as always but erhhm .............. him going for Joshua is purely a money fight.

He's on for Ruiz or Joshua and I think he'll get battered.

I mean for him to say in the presser "Yes you feel how heavy their punches are, even on your arms".

That's not good, at 215 lbs and a light puncher he's reaching too much, basically he wants the big pay day so he's got more to show for when he retires, I'm not even sure he's convinced he can beat them.

Fair play though, mans going down with Holyfield as the greatest Crusier weight of all time so may as well get that mega fight money.

This guy has the best footwork in the division and i think he would jab Andy's head off. He's not going to give Ruiz those openings and fight on the inside like Joshua did. For the big 3 I'm not so sure but Ruiz seems like an easy fight for Usyk based on what i know. Why do you think Ruiz would beat him?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Usyk vs Fury is a purists dream.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Jedi wrote:This guy has the best footwork in the division and i think he would jab Andy's head off. He's not going to give Ruiz those openings and fight on the inside like Joshua did. For the big 3 I'm not so sure but Ruiz seems like an easy fight for Usyk based on what i know. Why do you think Ruiz would beat him?

Lordy.

Yes of course he has the best footwork ........... the mans 32 lbs lighter than Joshua.

He's also 3" shorter in height and 4" shorter reach ..............

There's goes your "jab his head of" theory, did you see how many times Chaz almost nailed him with that right hand and AJ hits harder and is one of the better HW jabbers not named Fury.

As for Ruiz, he weighed in at 268 lbs to Usyk's 215 lbs, the guy will march Olek down and unload on him and each exchange could end the fight for Usyk, that won't be the case for Ruiz and his hard head.

Usyk hits too light to keep these guys off him, these are the best HW's not some journey man, the guy got up from an AJ punch, he'll eat Usyks.

Your about to find out why weight divisions exist.

I saw nothing in Usyks fight to make me have any confidence at HW for him, he won the fight because the other guy is not an elite HW and took the fight on short notice so he didn't have the stamina to keep up with Usyk.
Not only do the top 4 all have height and size on Usyk but they can walk him down because they have the reach, they don't need to duck and dive to keep up with him.

I love Usyk but he's a boxer and the top 4's stats take all of that away from him, he can't hurt them, his reach and height is less so he's going to struggle to out box them at a safe distance.

PS - make that top 5, he ain't beating Whyte either.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:This guy has the best footwork in the division and i think he would jab Andy's head off. He's not going to give Ruiz those openings and fight on the inside like Joshua did. For the big 3 I'm not so sure but Ruiz seems like an easy fight for Usyk based on what i know. Why do you think Ruiz would beat him?

Lordy.

Yes of course he has the best footwork ........... the mans 32 lbs lighter than Joshua.

He's also 3" shorter in height and 4" shorter reach ..............

There's goes your "jab his head of" theory, did you see how many times Chaz almost nailed him with that right hand and AJ hits harder and is one of the better HW jabbers not named Fury.

As for Ruiz, he weighed in at 268 lbs to Usyk's 215 lbs, the guy will march Olek down and unload on him and each exchange could end the fight for Usyk, that won't be the case for Ruiz and his hard head.

Usyk hits too light to keep these guys off him, these are the best HW's not some journey man, the guy got up from an AJ punch, he'll eat Usyks.

Your about to find out why weight divisions exist.

I saw nothing in Usyks fight to make me have any confidence at HW for him, he won the fight because the other guy is not an elite HW and took the fight on short notice so he didn't have the stamina to keep up with Usyk.
Not only do the top 4 all have height and size on Usyk but they can walk him down because they have the reach, they don't need to duck and dive to keep up with him.

I love Usyk but he's a boxer and the top 4's stats take all of that away from him, he can't hurt them, his reach and height is less so he's going to struggle to out box them at a safe distance.

PS - make that top 5, he ain't beating Whyte either.

You can't judge him based on 20 minutes of his heavyweight debut after a 1 year layoff and a bicep injury. Let's not forget that this guy fought (and destroyed) proper heavyweights in his amateur days. There's also various credible accounts of him dominating sparring sessions with Klitschko and even the man himself admitted "it wasn't easy" to spar him.

Fury hit the canvas vs Cruiserweights before. Joshua was on shaky legs in virtually every fight since Klitschko. Usyk doesn't need to be a big puncher to hurt them. Look at what he did to Bellew. The idea that these guys can just walk him down and eat his punches is insane. He has more than enough power to knock out anyone as long as he gets them clean.

At least give him a proper fight or two to get rid of the ring rust before you give your final verdict.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Jedi wrote:You can't judge him based on 20 minutes of his heavyweight debut after a 1 year layoff and a bicep injury. Let's not forget that this guy fought (and destroyed) proper heavyweights in his amateur days. There's also various credible accounts of him dominating sparring sessions with Klitschko and even the man himself admitted "it wasn't easy" to spar him.

Fury hit the canvas vs Cruiserweights before. Joshua was on shaky legs in virtually every fight since Klitschko. Usyk doesn't need to be a big puncher to hurt them. Look at what he did to Bellew. The idea that these guys can just walk him down and eat his punches is insane. He has more than enough power to knock out anyone as long as he gets them clean.

At least give him a proper fight or two to get rid of the ring rust before you give your final verdict.

:doh:

Tbf I shouldn't get frustrated because its not your fault that I'm a lot more knowledgable about boxing so here goes .............

He did not destroy proper HW's in his amatuer days, he fought Joe Joyce once in a Pro / Semi pro competition and struggled because as I stated, he had to fight overly aggressively because Joe was walking him down, Usyk was consistently being bullied in that match but won it because he's the better man.

As for these proper HW's he supposedly fought, who were they? you do know in Amatuers that the so called HW division is really Cruiser weight right?
The amatuer equivalent to Pro HW's is called "Super HW div", Usyk didn't fight at Super HW he won the HW medal.

I fought as a HW in the Amatuers and I weighed 188lbs back then, in pro's I'm no HW, I'm a small Cruiser weight or big LHW.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, Usyk is fighting the winner of Joshua vs Ruiz and then you'll see it for yourself.

Watch this against a young Joyce and you tell me what your seeing.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 pm

Jedi wrote:Was watching Usyk undercard and this kid Patrick Day got brutally knocked out and taken out of the ring on a stretcher. Turns out he had seizures backstage so they took him to the hospital where he had brain surgery and is now in a coma. Hope he makes it.

Just read that he lost his life. Very sad news.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing