The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 am

2 more years of ducking from AJ incoming. He’ll use Usyk as an excuse and then fight someone else shite/past it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Santi wrote:2 more years of ducking from AJ incoming. He’ll use Usyk as an excuse and then fight someone else shite/past it.

Offering Wilder a $100 million contract is a weird way of ducking him to be fair...
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 pm

Jedi wrote:
Santi wrote:2 more years of ducking from AJ incoming. He’ll use Usyk as an excuse and then fight someone else shite/past it.

Offering Wilder a $100 million contract is a weird way of ducking him to be fair...

Exactly.

Santi how in the hell can you accuse AJ of ducking Wilder when he literally shut everyone up with Eddie getting Dazn to put a $100m cheque on the table, no questions asked and Wilder comes to the meeting and refuses all because ............. "Well how much is Joshua getting?"

Urrghh what??? it doesn't matter if AJ is getting a billion, for $100m you shut up and sign the ting.

............. so what does he do instead? he runs off and fights Ortiz for $5m?????????????

What this is really about if you know what's going on behind the scenes is Al Haymon doesn't want A) To lose the WBC belt to Eddie Hearn because that means Eddie controls HW boxing and B) He doesn't want to give his rivals DAZN the biggest fight in HW boxing because DAZN is already knicking all the top talent there is anyway.

Al Haymon is a fkin crook and just wants him and his American chums to corner boxing, he who has the belts controls the money.

AJ is ducking no one.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Holdini » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:36 pm

ruiz admitting he didn't train enough, he partied too much and ate too much.

what a clown. you put all that hard work in over the course of your lifetime to work your way up to the top only to blow it all. suppose that's what makes the difference between the good and the very best.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Exactly.

Santi how in the hell can you accuse AJ of ducking Wilder when he literally shut everyone up with Eddie getting Dazn to put a $100m cheque on the table, no questions asked and Wilder comes to the meeting and refuses all because ............. "Well how much is Joshua getting?"

Urrghh what??? it doesn't matter if AJ is getting a billion, for $100m you shut up and sign the ting.

............. so what does he do instead? he runs off and fights Ortiz for $5m?????????????

What this is really about if you know what's going on behind the scenes is Al Haymon doesn't want A) To lose the WBC belt to Eddie Hearn because that means Eddie controls HW boxing and B) He doesn't want to give his rivals DAZN the biggest fight in HW boxing because DAZN is already knicking all the top talent there is anyway.

Al Haymon is a fkin crook and just wants him and his American chums to corner boxing, he who has the belts controls the money.

AJ is ducking no one.

So they put an offer out they knew Wilder and his team couldn’t accept? Sounds like ducking to me.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Santi wrote:So they put an offer out they knew Wilder and his team couldn’t accept? Sounds like ducking to me.

Riiight.

It takes more of a man just to say "I was wrong" you know that right?

They put an offer out so good they didn't think Wilder, Finkel and Al Haymon would be dumb enough to turn it down, that's what, also to expose them for the fake artists they are.

Because its not that they couldn't accept it, its just that Wilder "Won't" accept it, there is a difference.

Don't you think DAZN pulling out a figure 3x more than Wilder could of ever dreamed of was their attempt and making him tell Al Haymon and PBC to fk off and let him get his money and enough to move Al Haymon to say "Ok then lets just do it"?

.............. but no, the "AJ is ducking" line is the one that fits your sensibilities, yeah? :rolleyes:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:So they put an offer out they knew Wilder and his team couldn’t accept? Sounds like ducking to me.

Riiight.

It takes more of a man just to say "I was wrong" you know that right?

They put an offer out so good they didn't think Wilder, Finkel and Al Haymon would be dumb enough to turn it down, that's what, also to expose them for the fake artists they are.

Because its not that they couldn't accept it, its just that Wilder "Won't" accept it, there is a difference.

Don't you think DAZN pulling out a figure 3x more than Wilder could of ever dreamed of was their attempt and making him tell Al Haymon and PBC to fk off and let him get his money and enough to move Al Haymon to say "Ok then lets just do it"?

.............. but no, the "AJ is ducking" line is the one that fits your sensibilities, yeah? :rolleyes:

Yes, anyone who says Joshua ducked at this point is either willfully ignorant or just completely delusional.

I used to fight you on this and defend Wilder and i have to admit it hasn't been easy taking the L and admitting i was wrong all along but the overwhelming evidence is there if you spend more than 5 minutes to sift through the bullshit and the propaganda by the Wilder team.

Now that i think about it, it's probably Fury's fault. He's a Brit and jumped on the Joshua ducked bandwagon and i assume most people thought that it must be true Joshua is ducking because Fury made the fight and even he said Joshua ducked. Sadly, once you actually look at who sent actual contract offers and who looked willing to negotiate, it was all Matchroom/DAZN.

Just for comparison to the $100 million offer, Wilder made about $14 million fighting Fury, and his PPV vs Ortiz was declined by Showtime - “We had the opportunity to distribute the pay-per-view, but the deal didn’t make sense for us,” Espinoza told BoxingScene.com. Turns out they were right, as FOX ended up having a net LOSS on that fight.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Wilder and Fury are fighting in February

Joshua has to fight Usyk before June

Assuming he does there's literally no reason Joshua vs the winner of Fury/Wilder shouldn't happen before the end of 2020.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:19 pm

@Jedi Exactly.

Eddie Hearn is making Al Haymon look like a corrupt dinosaur of yesteryear, all the fighters swear that Al Haymon is great to work for (because their all scared to cross him) but I've seen the horror stories, I've seen the careers he's wrecked and I've seen the sh*t paychecks he doles out.

Take the HW Champs ............. Eddie Hearn has AJ making £60m as a CHALLENGER ffs, while Deontay Wilder as Champion made $5m against Ortiz and no more than that if not less against Breazeale straight after walking away from $100m offer to fight the guy he "swears" he wants to fight.

I mean you get offered a shot at all the belts unified and a $100m to boot ............. it doesn't come better than that, even Ruiz is making more in Matchroom fights than he's ever made with Haymon.

Haymon is a fkin crook.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:@Jedi Exactly.

Eddie Hearn is making Al Haymon look like a corrupt dinosaur of yesteryear, all the fighters swear that Al Haymon is great to work for (because their all scared to cross him) but I've seen the horror stories, I've seen the careers he's wrecked and I've seen the sh*t paychecks he doles out.

Take the HW Champs ............. Eddie Hearn has AJ making £60m as a CHALLENGER ffs, while Deontay Wilder as Champion made $5m against Ortiz and no more than that if not less against Breazeale straight after walking away from $100m offer to fight the guy he "swears" he wants to fight.

I mean you get offered a shot at all the belts unified and a $100m to boot ............. it doesn't come better than that, even Ruiz is making more in Matchroom fights than he's ever made with Haymon.

Haymon is a fkin crook.

Wrong.

Haymon makes his guys a lot of money, but that's the thing: you have to be one of his guys.

Bob Arum literally complained about Haymon paying his fighters too much.

You using Hearn getting Joshua massive paychecks as an example is being disingenuous, Joshua is a huge star.

If you want to go that route you can say Al Haymon got Floyd paychecks for over $200 million.

Compare Floyd's pay to Joshua's and Haymon makes Hearn look small time.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wilder and Fury are fighting in February

Assuming he does there's literally no reason Joshua vs the winner of Fury/Wilder shouldn't happen before the end of 2020.

Go tell Finkel and Al Haymon that.

Hearn even said he's had it up to here with fkin Wilder, if someone turns down $100m there is literally nothing else they can do, he basically said he doesn't want to talk about him anymore until Wilder picks up the phone and begs for the fight so he's not wasting their time.

When Wilder had an interview straight after he refused that DAZN offer you could see the look on his face it was like "How the fk do I explain this one".

Eddie hearn basically said it in his most recent interiew morning after Joshua Ruiz 2, he said PBC (Al Haymons company) don't want to give Hearn that fight because Al doesn't want Hearn having all the HW belts under his promotion which is also why Whyte can't get his mandatory, so Al won't let Wilder fight Joshua unless its all under Showtime .......... issue is DAZN can out bid and out muscle Showtime so Joshua is never going to take less money with a rival promotion whos' corrupt as fk, it would be insanity and he'd be robbed blind if it went to points.

This is ultimately a war between two promotions PBC and Matchroom, but Matchroom hold all the keys and all the money.

PBC offered AJ $50m the other year but wouldn't disclose where they'd get it so talks folded, DAZN came back a year later and doubled it to $100m in an offer back to Deontay.

I don't think this fight will happen.

Al Haymon won't back down because the WBC belt is his only card to play in the HW div and DAZN and Matchroom are in a much stronger positon with all the belts bar WBC so don't even have to entertain backing down, there's millions a stake.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:27 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wilder and Fury are fighting in February

Go tell Finkel and Al Haymon that.

Hearn even said he's had it up to here with fkin Wilder, if someone turns down $100m there is literally nothing else they can do, he basically said he doesn't want to talk about him anymore until Wilder picks up the phone and begs for the fight so he's not wasting their time.

When Wilder had an interview straight after he refused that DAZN offer you could see the look on his face it was like "How the fk do I explain this one".

Well just hope Fury wins because he has no issue fighting anyone.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Said he'd never deal with Hearn .......... because he's under Frank Warren who's Hearns rival in the UK and Warren is losing badly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wrong.

Haymon makes his guys a lot of money, but that's the thing: you have to be one of his guys.

Bob Arum literally complained about Haymon paying his fighters too much.

You using Hearn getting Joshua massive paychecks as an example is being disingenuous, Joshua is a huge star.

If you want to go that route you can say Al Haymon got Floyd paychecks for over $200 million.

Compare Floyd's pay to Joshua's and Haymon makes Hearn look small time.

No mate.

Al Haymon "worked with Floyd" he wasn't exclusively in control of Floyd, Floyds promoter was Bob Arum then he started Mayweather Promotions and The Money Team.

Quote from an article ...............

"The Premier Boxing Champions series and Haymon Boxer Management are two separate entities both controlled by Haymon.
As is Mayweather Promotions controlled by founder Floyd Mayweather a separate entity.
But due to how close Mayweather and Haymon have become over the years people in boxing more and more continue to link all three with one another due to the closeness of which Mayweather and Haymon operate."

.............. so yeah, your wrong, Haymon worked well with Floyd because he wanted to make money off of Floyd but Floyd was never his b*tch, Al Haymon worked WITH Mayweather promotions, he didn't own Floyd hence why Floyd's was able to get his $$$$.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that he pays the PBC fighters well.

As I said Bob Arum was complaining about Haymon paying his fighters too much, and that's coming from a fellow promoter.

Also remember when Broner rejected an offer from Hearn and called it a "slave deal" because he makes more with PBC even though he loses whenever he faces elite competition?

Point is PBC fighters are paid well, there's a reason why he's built such a big stable and they're all happy to be with him.

Also Floyd wouldn't have let Haymon make any money off him unless he liked him and thought he was a good businessman.

Floyd praises Haymon to the heavens.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing