Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Propa_Nutcase wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Fury/Chisora was honestly the worst fight I've ever had the misfortune of watching. An absolute farce - I can't believe this fat journeyman Tyson has the audacity to say he would've beaten Ali and Joe Louis.

Billy Joe Saunders outclassed Eubanks Jr. in the only decent fight of the evening, ecstatic with that result.

I was there, awful event, but on the plus side at least I got a pic with fast Eddie Chambers....

Nice one, mate.

You look like a big lad, Chambers is 6' 1" and you appear to be taller (unless it's just the camera angle).

I'm 6'1 1/2. Felt a bit taller next to him than half than inch tbh. I would say he's 6 foot at a push.

He was a true gent though. Come over shook my hand and had a quick chat with me. There was a few other boxing personalities I saw that night who were nowhere near as warm and welcoming.

Eddie Chambers pfft

You'll know when you've made it when your hanging around with Joe Calzage.

Did you know it was me who suggested he have his retirement fight against Roy Jones Jr.

Swear down, that fight happened because of me, DG doesn't lie.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Cripps wrote:Comfortable for Khan. Time to make floyd his bitch

Floyd will smack Khan around in all fairness.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Probably. But I'm a patriot.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Cripps wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Probably. But I'm a patriot.

Yeah but I'm a realist before patriot lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Fury/Chisora was honestly the worst fight I've ever had the misfortune of watching. An absolute farce - I can't believe this fat journeyman Tyson has the audacity to say he would've beaten Ali and Joe Louis.

Billy Joe Saunders outclassed Eubanks Jr. in the only decent fight of the evening, ecstatic with that result.

I was there, awful event, but on the plus side at least I got a pic with fast Eddie Chambers....

Nice one, mate.

You look like a big lad, Chambers is 6' 1" and you appear to be taller (unless it's just the camera angle).

I'm 6'1 1/2. Felt a bit taller next to him than half than inch tbh. I would say he's 6 foot at a push.

He was a true gent though. Come over shook my hand and had a quick chat with me. There was a few other boxing personalities I saw that night who were nowhere near as warm and welcoming.

Eddie Chambers pfft

Did you know it was me who suggested he have his retirement fight against Roy Jones Jr.

You want some?

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Propa_Nutcase wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Propa_Nutcase wrote:

Nice one, mate.

Eddie Chambers pfft

You want some?

You'll have to be more specific.

After those photo's you put up in the Newcastle match thread of Giroud's crotch I'll need more intel before I'm able to make a decision.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Just watched the Amir Khan fight ......... have to say his boxing was pretty damn good, so much more improved from what he was like before.

Bit of a more different style, better defensively to protect that suspect chin, good for him.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Just watched the Amir Khan fight ......... have to say his boxing was pretty damn good, so much more improved from what he was like before.

Bit of a more different style, better defensively to protect that suspect chin, good for him.

Throws too many punches, squares himself up and leaves himself open. He may get away with that against the Alexanders and Molinas of this world, but Danny Garcia will hit him with a counter left hook that will make him spaz out again.

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Propa_Nutcase wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Just watched the Amir Khan fight ......... have to say his boxing was pretty damn good, so much more improved from what he was like before.

Throws too many punches, squares himself up and leaves himself open. He may get away with that against the Alexanders and Molinas of this world, but Danny Garcia will hit him with a counter left hook that will make him spaz out again.

He's squaring himself up on the orders of his new coach so he can keep his guard discipline because his weakness is getting caught and rocked, better to brace and take them on the gloves than get hit flush if you have a weak chin.

Also how the hell can you throw too many punches?? its a strength not a weakness to have that sort of stamina, Calzage built his undefeated career on punch out put.

Amir has a classic style, now he's tidied it up behind a solid defense and hand speed from the guard.
Its a smart move on his part and its why he had the best performance of his career in that last fight.

Also you say he squares himself up but did you not notice he does the lean back to roll away from the punches? he's also using good distance.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 am

Talks taking place of Khan v Pacquiao at wembley if the latter doesnt fight floyd
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:23 am

Cripps wrote:Talks taking place of Khan v Pacquiao at wembley if the latter doesnt fight floyd

Pacquaio by whatever he wants
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:28 am

Sick of this Floyd/Manny saga, they've been circling each other for six years now.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Sick of this Floyd/Manny saga, they've been circling each other for six years now.

Agreed its an absolute farce, the two of them ducking each other, they will be fighting in there zimmer frames by the time this one goes down.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Apollo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 am

Manny's been ready tbf.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext