The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:50 pm

Losmeister wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Delusional talk doesn't sound so bad when you can back it up ............ but when your still doing it even after a loss its just pathetic.

Saying that he's peoples King, who the fk does this guy think he is, he's a boxer ffs, a boxer who's not even champ, your a contender pal, break yourself.

I've always liked Wilder as a fighter but as a person he sucks, so glad Fury took his belt.

TF was saying in an interview once that he felt Wilder was tryna PUT ON a certain persona that wasnt even him, saying " he should just be himself"

thats what this seems like to me... i mean, taking up boxing for a kid with spina bifida is cool.

when you have chumps whispering in your ear all the time? not a good recipe, imho

He talks that way because his father I believe it was used to be a preacher, so yeah .............. he comes from a delusional background as it is.

Flouting his mouth off about fantasy to any and everyone who will listen.

Just bluntly, the guys a pr*ck as are a lot of American athletes.

There's a reason Britain, Europe, Ukraine, Dagestan and Russian states etc are dominating combat sports these days, the American athlete isn't what they used to be back in the days of Sugar Ray Leonard, Tyson, Ali, Fraizer, Marciano, Jack Dempsey, Ray Robinson, those guys were animals.

Now today American fighters spend just as much time on their Twitter handle as they do in the gym, yet they think because their "American" they're somehow superior to other people, the delusion runs deep.

Gypsies, Ukranian's, Dagestan fighters etc ain't gonna have that sh*t, they're old school and willing to kill or be killed, they come from backgrounds just as tough as any Americans, Celebrity culture is killing American fighters souls imo.

The latest dumb sh*t is Deontay's fans blaming Fury's gloves. :rolleyes:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:30 pm

Another reason the heavyweight division in America is so comparatively weak compared to days gone by is basketball and American football.

These days there's just as much if not more money to be made in those sports, and if you're big, strong and athletically-inclined, why would you choose boxing over either of those to get you out of the gutter? Unless you particularly enjoy it of course.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Phil71 wrote:Another reason the heavyweight division in America is so comparatively weak compared to days gone by is basketball and American football.

These days there's just as much if not more money to be made in those sports, and if you're big, strong and athletically-inclined, why would you choose boxing over either of those to get you out of the gutter? Unless you particularly enjoy it of course.

Still that's no excuse for the attitude and priorities of the boxers or the fact that the NFL would only draw away Heavy weights and Cruiser Weights not any other weight, same as Basketball, their not fighters so that's like saying Football takes away from British boxers, it doesn't.

We see the same trend with American boxers across all weight divisions, look at Adrian Broner ffs, its not just HW's, I'd excuse Andre Ward and Bernard Hopkins from these accusations as well as some others, but then Hopkins is old school anyway, guys over 40 yrs old and from more my era, even though I'm a bit younger. :biggrin:

............ but not by much. :(
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:18 pm

DiamondGooner

There's a reason Britain, Europe, Ukraine, Dagestan and Russian states etc are dominating combat sports these days

They aren't.

In MMA the majority of the pound for pound list is made up of Americans, in boxing any credible pound for pound list has Crawford and Spence in it - Crawford is in the top 3 on most lists.

If you're referring specifically to HW American boxers however then it's true America has fallen off but if you look at other weight classes American fighters are thriving ( Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence, Crawford, Devin Haney, Teofimo Lopez, Gervonta Davis, Jermell Charlo, Jermall Charlo, Shakir Stevenson, Demetrius Andrade, Danny Jacobs).

If you're talking about the elite of the elite, well they come from all over. In mma it's Russia, Ireland, Brazil, New Zealand, Australia, America and in boxing it's England, Ukraine, America, Mexico and Japan.

There isn't one nation that dominates combat sports.

Now today American fighters spend just as much time on their Twitter handle as they do in the gym, yet they think because their "American" they're somehow superior to other people.

No clue what you're basing this "Americans think they're superior because they're American" claim on.

Gypsies, Ukranian's, Dagestan fighters etc ain't gonna have that sh*t, they're old school and willing to kill or be killed, they come from backgrounds just as tough as any Americans, Celebrity culture is killing American fighters souls imo.

When you say this you're referring to four fighters: Tyson is the Gypsy, Loma and Usyk for Ukraine and Khabib for Dagestan. They are the only ones from those countries/cultures who are a different breed yet you've made it sound like there are tons of fighters from those regions who are next level athletes.

Also if you want to talk about celebrity culture killing the souls of American fighters I would say that Anthony Joshua fell victim to the "celebrity lifestyle" worse than any American fighter. He is the poster boy for letting the bright lights of being a star affect his commitment to the sport.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:54 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner

There's a reason Britain, Europe, Ukraine, Dagestan and Russian states etc are dominating combat sports these days

They aren't.

In MMA the majority of the pound for pound list is made up of Americans, in boxing any credible pound for pound list has Crawford and Spence in it - Crawford is in the top 3 on most lists.

If you're referring specifically to HW American boxers however then it's true America has fallen off but if you look at other weight classes American fighters are thriving ( Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Mikey Garcia, Shawn Porter, Errol Spence, Crawford, Devin Haney, Teofimo Lopez, Gervonta Davis, Jermell Charlo, Jermall Charlo, Shakir Stevenson, Demetrius Andrade, Danny Jacobs).

If you're talking about the elite of the elite, well they come from all over. In mma it's Russia, Ireland, Brazil, New Zealand, Australia, America and in boxing it's England, Ukraine, America, Mexico and Japan.

There isn't one nation that dominates combat sports.

Now today American fighters spend just as much time on their Twitter handle as they do in the gym, yet they think because their "American" they're somehow superior to other people.

No clue what you're basing this "Americans think they're superior because they're American" claim on.

When you say this you're referring to four fighters: Tyson is the Gypsy, Loma and Usyk for Ukraine and Khabib for Dagestan. They are the only ones from those countries/cultures who are a different breed yet you've made it sound like there are tons of fighters from those regions who are next level athletes.

Also if you want to talk about celebrity culture killing the souls of American fighters I would say that Anthony Joshua fell victim to the "celebrity lifestyle" worse than any American fighter. He is the poster boy for letting the bright lights of being a star affect his commitment to the sport.

I was actually going to mention AJ but he at least keeps his head to the ground as much as he can, he is just all into that new style promotion ............. and it will be his undoing as we've already seen.

So what do I mean you ask.

Firstly I'm not saying one nation dominates combat sports, that's my whole point, America acts like it does and it did once upon a time, but those days are over.

Usyk and Loma are the best in their division and pound for pound top of the list, yet they're from a country much smaller than the US, that's what.
Look at tiny England, yet where are all the HW belts? before that it was Wladimir.

Forget MMA, firstly Brazilians ran it for ages, secondly Americans only do well because they have one distinct advanatage ......... Wrestling.
You guys have a competitive school programme, Europe doesn't even teach wrestling ffs, without that wrestling background you'd be getting fked in MMA as well.
Who are the stars ........... a little Irish guy with no wrestling and a Dagestan country boy whipping all the Americans asses like children its embarrassing, kicking the US's ass at their own fkin sport.

But we're talking about boxing because boxing is a level playing field, Europe hasn't invested in MMA the way it has in America.

So no I'm not just talking about Loma and Usyk.

I'm talking about ............

Arsen Goulamarian - Best CW in the world and is Armenian / French, Murat Gassiev was the best before him after Usyk.
Fury & AJ, all the Mexican boxers etc etc even Dillian Whyte is better than American HW's, GGG, Manny P.

........ and yes American fighters certainly do have a superioriority complex over other fighters from other countries, how many times have I heard "Your nothing unless you fight in America" fkin BS, AJ made his whole career over here, and American boxers in general are so dissmisive when they fight non-Americans ......... until they get beat up that is.

Other boxers from around the world don't have that attitude, Deontay being a prime example of everything that's wrong with the American athlete.

My suit was too heavy, Fury didn't have his gloves on properly ........... are you fkin kidding me?

Compared to real men like Fury and Usyk, Wilder sounds like a petulant child sulking because he can't lose like a man.

Do you know Usyk sleeps in a barn on a bale of hay when he's in fight camp? trains like a Medieval warrior.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:10 am

Russia historically has a bigger wrestling culture than America and have been more successful in the Olympics iirc yet Khabib is the only relevant Russian in the UFC today.

So if you're saying wresting is the only reason America has done well in MMA then why hasn't Russia been dominant considering they take wrestling even more seriously?

Also how is it "embarrassing" that Khabib beats everyone? He's a beast and he beats fighter from all countries not just America so don't know why you're making it sound like America should be ashamed that Khabib is an amazing fighter.

Was it "embarrassing" when Floyd beat everyone?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:50 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Russia historically has a bigger wrestling culture than America and have been more successful in the Olympics iirc yet Khabib is the only relevant Russian in the UFC today.

So if you're saying wresting is the only reason America has done well in MMA then why hasn't Russia been dominant considering they take wrestling even more seriously?

Also how is it "embarrassing" that Khabib beats everyone? He's a beast and he beats fighter from all countries not just America so don't know why you're making it sound like America should be ashamed that Khabib is an amazing fighter.

Was it "embarrassing" when Floyd beat everyone?

They have a bigger Sambo culture which isn't quite the same, they do wrestle as well obviously.

Fedor was one of the best HW's of all time so there's one.

Regardless that's irrelevant, you asked about MMA and the fact is wrestling is one of if not the most important aspects of MMA and that's according to Joe Rogan, in Europe we don't do wrestling so its not worth talking about, we have a big handicap out of the gate, we don't even have a wrestling programme, America has one of the best in the world up there with Russia and Iran.

It also doesn't change my actual point and that was that the American athletes of today's attitudes stink.

As for Floyd he acts new school but he's not, the mans older than me, he's in his 40's ffs, guy started boxing over 20 years ago.
He is the Godfather of the new American athlete but his competitive edge, skills and fighting ability are old school.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:They have a bigger Sambo culture which isn't quite the same, they do wrestle as well obviously.

Wrestling is far, far bigger than Sambo.

Sambo isn't even 100 years old, it's derived from Judo.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:They have a bigger Sambo culture which isn't quite the same, they do wrestle as well obviously.

Wrestling is far, far bigger than Sambo.

Sambo isn't even 100 years old, it's derived from Judo.

I know that, but it was huge in Russia and was the martial arts of their armed forces so not sure how you think it wasn't bigger than Wrestling? its Russia's national Martial art.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:56 am

speaking of floyd... i havnt paid attnetion to the lower weight divisions much since... pyror/arguello?

but i was just reviewing bad reffing... and saw a bunch of hatton.floyd... seeemed pretty criminal... hatton was kickihg his arse
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Saunders canelo nearly agreed, billy has the toois to cause canelo problems.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Saunders canelo nearly agreed, billy has the toois to cause canelo problems.

If he has his career best performance and outboxes Canelo for 12 rounds, he's still not getting the decision.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm

True, still a good fight
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm

So Fury is a drug cheat?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Ach wrote:So Fury is a drug cheat?

No one cares, all we want is Fury vs AJ.

AJ and Hearn adhere to the highest testing standards and insist opponents sign up to the same as part of the contract hence why Baby Miller got caught.

This case your talking about is from 2015 and was stated by a Farmer who already admitted to lying .......... so one you can't trust him, two even if he did take drugs he would of already served his 1 year ban 5x over by now.

We want our fight!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing