The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
I don't ever want to hear that AJ is ducking again, mans chasing this fool down, now even the Americans know it.

Exposed!!

Well when he was ducking me and Vava called him out and now that Wilder is the one that's ducking we're calling him out. That's cause we're not fanboys and we're assessing the situation as it is.

You on the other hand irrationally maintained that Joshua wasn't ducking when in reality he was and all the evidence showed that he didn't want the fight last year. Eddie Hearn was lying through his teeth last year and now it's Wilder and Finkel that are lying. The only difference is that Hearn postponing the fight made sense and what Wilder is doing now really doesn't.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
I don't ever want to hear that AJ is ducking again, mans chasing this fool down, now even the Americans know it.

Exposed!!

Well when he was ducking me and Vava called him out and now that Wilder is the one that's ducking we're calling him out. That's cause we're not fanboys and we're assessing the situation as it is.

You on the other hand irrationally maintained that Joshua wasn't ducking when in reality he was and all the evidence showed that he didn't want the fight last year. Eddie Hearn was lying through his teeth last year and now it's Wilder and Finkel that are lying. The only difference is that Hearn postponing the fight made sense and what Wilder is doing now really doesn't.

Irrationally? how is sending someone contracts ducking ffs?

Yes they were low balling but if Wilder had accepted the fight would of happened so that's not ducking that's low balling, there is a difference.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Exposed!!

Yes they were low balling but if Wilder had accepted the fight would of happened so that's not ducking that's low balling, there is a difference.

Are you saying all Wilder needs to do now is send a lowball contract offer to Joshua and Hearn and he is no longer ducking?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Exposed!!

Are you saying all Wilder needs to do now is send a lowball contract offer to Joshua and Hearn and he is no longer ducking?

No ................ he could just accept the $100m he was offered, that would do it.

Do better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Joshua could've just accepted the 50 mil instead of giving lowball offers. If Joshua didn't duck then, Wilder isn't ducking now.

Spoiler: He did.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Jedi wrote:Joshua could've just accepted the 50 mil instead of giving lowball offers. If Joshua didn't duck then, Wilder isn't ducking now.

Spoiler: He did.

Joshua wanted to fight in England, Wilder's team were offering NOTHING Joshua couldn't of got from the proceeds of the fight himself.

All Finkel did was say we'll give you $50m and you shut up and do everything we tell you, they essentially tried to bully Joshua into giving up his A-side leverage.

.............. and he was still interested, Hearn said okay Shelly lets meet Friday while I'm in New York and discuss where this money is coming from and the details of the offer.

What did Finkel say ........... "No, no meeting, just accept the offer".

This is documented sh*t and not the way you negotiate business, maybe hater b*tch asses like you would spin it that way but its just not happening.

Tell me Jedi, what was Wilder's excuse for accepting the terms for the England fight announced on his own Twitter account then not signing? .......... let the excuses roll.

In fact this is the last response I'm giving you because your wasting my fkin time quite frankly, I'm not retreading old ground, again sending someone a contract for £15m or the later 60/40 split offer which they could sign immediately, beat you up then take your titles .......... is not a duck!! end of.

Spoiler: Your wrong as per usual, I'm done with you.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Damn, you're seething tonight. No need to be upset, it's clouding your judgement. I understand that you're a Joshua fanboy and you've made that quite clear, but please don't call me a hater, i have nothing against the guy. In fact, I've started liking him now that he's shown he's ready to stop ducking the big fights.

Also, you completely missed the point i was making, which is that giving a shit offer you know the other side won't accept = ducking.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:45 pm

............. but he accepted the £15m offer! but then didn't sign it.

Also saying its a "sh*t offer" is subjective, when a man was making £2.5m a fight then gets offered £15m is that a sh*t offer? or worse when it was upped to 60/40 split, is that sh*t as well? no that's what it is ......... every offer is sh*t just because Deontay says so right?

......... do you think $100m is sh*t as well?

This is why I'm not having this conversation with you, its over and done, Deontay has been exposed and so have all the excuses.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:47 am

Do you want to hear the biggest piss take?

Wilder's offer of 3 fights for $100 million was bigger than Canelo's record breaking DAZN deal (11 fights for $365 million) if we look at it on a fight per fight basis.

Canelo's contract is the biggest in sports history, not just boxing.

So Wilder has essentially turned down the most lucrative deal of all time.

Now just imagine, as DG said, if Wilder had taken the deal and beat Joshua, think of what he could have commanded then if he truly "backed himself" like he claimed he did in the press conference he held to explain his reason for ducking.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 am

There is no excuse for it.

Even American interviewers who always back Wilder are raising the question in interviews to him, they're baffled because there is no defending this position.

Shelly's basically turning round and saying "We're going to wait for something better, build it up more", ffs he even used as an excuse "We don't want it on Dazn, not enough people will see it" .............. :doh:

Is he fkin with us or what, an interviewer even said to him ........ "So you think a one off fight against Joshua will make more than $100m?"
Shelly's answer "I don't know we'll have to wait and see"

You absolute c*nt of course it won't!!!!!

Me and Shelly Finkel are in a really bad place at the moment, I despise that man, he's wrecking Wilder's career and for all this "I'm my own man" Wilder, I don't understand why he's letting him.

Shelly Finkel must be able to sell sand to a fkin camel if he's managed to convince Wilder they can do better than the Dazn deal.

Hearn is at his wits end right now, watch tomorrow he's going to blow this up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:28 am

I'd love it if Wilder somehow loses to anyone not named Joshua, like in his next couple fights.

Then when he comes crawling back with his tail between his legs to negotiate with Hearn desperate for a shot at AJ I hope Hearn just laughs and offers him a fraction of what he would've made.

Maybe then he'll regret being spineless and turning down $100 million.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/4767 ... =bbc_sport

Fury fighting some bum. Embarrassing.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Joke of a match up but it's whatever as long as Wilder is next.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 pm

What is going on with the HW's?

Everyone was slagging off Joshua for taking Miller but that seems to be the best fight out of the lot of them now, plus he only took that because Wilder was supposed to be fighting Fury.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:What is going on with the HW's?

Everyone was slagging off Joshua for taking Miller but that seems to be the best fight out of the lot of them now, plus he only took that because Wilder was supposed to be fighting Fury.

Yeah Joshua comes out of this looking fantastic.

Fury signed with ESPN and is fighting a pubber who doesn't even have a Wikipedia page

Wilder clearly ducked

In more positive news Usyk has announced he's moving up to HW and will fight Takam. Hopefully he shakes things up.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing