The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Cool.

But what is the percentage? That is the important part and there's no way of knowing.

Also, he said Whyte is standing by to fight Joshua if Wilder doesn't want to.

I guarantee if Wilders loses to Fury they will make Joshua vs Whyte 2 instead of Joshua vs Fury.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 pm

If he beats fury he will prob get 30-35% I reckon, fair deal, because he just doesn't generate the money from standard fights plus he gets the chance to be undisputed
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 am

What if Fury beats Wilder and Joshua fights Whyte instead?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:03 am

Be disappointed, not really an AJ fan but I am sure he isn't afraid of fighting anyone, if he didn't have the heart he wouldn't have got up against Klitschko
Marsbar100

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:27 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:What if Fury beats Wilder and Joshua fights Whyte instead?

Doesn't matter, despite the talk the scene has already been set.

AJ will fight Whyte in April.

Why?

Because just like why the Fury vs Deontay fight is happening, it's going to happen twice.

Fury vs Wilder will have from what I understand a rematch clause, and as long as the fight is competitive I believe both fighters will opt for it.
Both Fury and Wilder will make more money (50/50 split) fighting each other than getting 30% or whatever deal Hearn will offer, even if Hearn offers as much money wise if not split wise, Wilder would rather be in charge of venue, promotions etc and take the same money than dance to Hearns tune.

If Deontay destroys Fury he may see no other way to sell the fight so may opt for Joshua but I don't think Hearn will wait till December for that decision, if there is indeed a rematch clause, Wilder won't sign for Joshua until he know's the outcome of the Fury fight otherwise he'll be double booked.

I see this happening ............

Wilder will milk Fury vs Wilder for two fights if its competitive, regardless Whyte will fight AJ in April, Hearn makes double commission and walks away with the 3 belt champ regardless of who wins.

Joshua / Whyte vs Wilder / Fury will happen next Summer is my prediction depending on winners but that'll be the mega fight.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:51 am

So you admit to thinking they are already set on fighting Whyte in April, which is what I have been saying from the jump?

Cool.

but I don't think Hearn will wait till December for that decision

Why not?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:53 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:So you admit to thinking they are already set on fighting Whyte in April, which is what I have been saying from the jump?

Cool.

but I don't think Hearn will wait till December for that decision

Why not?

You read what I said right? I didn't place all the blame or intent on Hearn, which is what your doing for Joshua vs Whyte.

Its just how the situation is, Deontay almost certainly has a rematch clause and will more than likely use it, so that just naturally leaves only Whyte for April, its not that Hearn prefers Whyte its just that's how the cards have been dealt.

Hearn actually clearly prefers a Widler fight for Joshua otherwise they wouldn't be chasing them for a meeting but I know Wilder & Finkel won't or are highly unlikely to commit till Dec 1st, I just can't see Hearn putting everything on hold for two months.

I think for both parties they'll come to the conclusion that its easier to proceed with letting Wilder have his rematch, Joshua fight Whyte in April then the winners meet in Summer.

Maybe Hearn will wait till Dec but that's going to depend on how receptive Finkel is to the new offer, if there's a rematch for Fury though then April literally can't happen anyway, but again, that is not Hearns fault, quite the opposite.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:58 am

I don't think Fury & Warren had the power to push for a rematch clause with Wilder.

My guess is this is a one fight contract, especially as Warren managed to get a 50/50 purse split.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:I don't think Fury & Warren had the power to push for a rematch clause with Wilder.

My guess is this is a one fight contract, especially as Warren managed to get a 50/50 purse split.

Its all but guaranteed there's a rematch clause.

Wilder wants the rematch, Fury vs Wilder is his dream big money fight, Finkel has been failing to get Wilder mega money his whole career, Fury coming back is their dream come true, why do you think Widler is skipping around like a girl who got asked to go to the prom?

4 months ago Wilder was literally pulling his hair out, beaten down and glum because the only money fight out there was Joshua and Joshua held all the cards and was offering mediocre money for the biggest HW fight in boxing.

If there's even a hint of public demand Wilder will opt for the rematch then go after Joshua.

To put it into perspective after 40 fights Deontay Wilder's net worth is only £12m, Joshua is getting more than that per fight right now.

Wilder looks to make around £20m for Fury, maybe more so that is more than his whole current net worth of 40 fights ......... in one match, the rematch lets say it does £15m each for Wilder vs Fury 2.

In two fights where he has almost full control of proceedings he'll make £35m+ compare that to his current net worth and you see why Deontay is currently smiling ear to ear, he's been waiting for this his whole career.

.............. he'll then go on to make a further £20m vs Joshua (that's based on Hearns improved offer over the £15m they already offered).
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:15 am

.............. and so it begins just as I predicted.

Shelley Finkel

“I can confirm that Hearn sent something but I have a big fight on December 1. That is where all my focus is,” Finkel told World Boxing News.
"If after the fight he wants to meet or send me something, that is when I will deal with it. I don’t want any distractions now.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... oxing-news
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:58 am

Well obviously.

If Wilder beats Fury he will be able to command a higher percentage than whatever Hearn is currently offering, his status will increase massively.

It's smart business

I like you're acting like signing a contract 4 months before a fight is problematic or something.

There is no need for Wilder and his team to sign a contract 6 months in advance when they can wait to see if Wilder wins and then ask for more money.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Well obviously.

If Wilder beats Fury he will be able to command a higher percentage than whatever Hearn is currently offering, his status will increase massively.

It's smart business

I like you're acting like signing a contract 4 months before a fight is problematic or something.

There is no need for Wilder and his team to sign a contract 6 months in advance when they can wait to see if Wilder wins and then ask for more money.

........... is that how I'm acting?

I didn't say Wilder should sign now? I stated what I believe was going to happen and its happening as we speak, I just claimed that is the situation as it is, I unlike you aren't chomping at the bit to assign blame.

But what I am saying is Hearn may not be willing to wait that long as its disrespectful to Whyte who's waiting in the wings, but as I said, it probably rests on how interested Finkel is in this new offer, if they're miles apart on the valuation then Hearn prob won't wait, why should he? why should Hearn wait 2 months just to be told "Sorry, Wilder is having a rematch with Fury"?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 am

I can see Joshua fighting Whyte, if he beats him then probably usyk, Whyte and usyk are Eddie's clients so he has an obligation to fulfill what they want.

I think if AJ gets through them that would have been his 10th PPV, I think at that point they would have milked AJ as much as possible, more than they ever dreamed of and would accept AJ taking a L.
Marsbar100

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:31 am

My predictions playing out like a fiddle .............

April - Joshua vs Wilder is not going to happen.

Eddie Hearn -
“We sent them a better offer than last time – it is a percentage plus a guarantee plus a two-way rematch – but when I asked for a meeting they said no,” said Hearn. “It is frustrating because people will accuse us and Joshua of not wanting the fight but how can you not even have a meeting to discuss the biggest fight in world boxing? How? Even to just say no?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... ddie-hearn
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Lol at your "prediction".

I was the one who said from the off that he would fight Whyte in April and it was their plan all along.

If Hearn is really serious about fighting Wilder in April he would wait until December AFTER Wilder has beaten Fury, and if he doesn't it would be moot.

Wilder and his team are not going to negotiate while they are in fight camp for Fury and they know full well they can get a bigger percentage than what ever Hearn is currently offering if he beats Fury.

It's really easy to see through Hearn and his bullshit, genuinely don't understand how you can't, or maybe you do and just refuse to acknowledge it.

But what I am saying is Hearn may not be willing to wait that long as its disrespectful to Whyte who's waiting in the wings

Are you serious? They can't meet with Wilder in December because they don't want to hurt Whyte's feelings...?

The fact this is the best you could come up with to explain why Hearn won't wait until December shows how ridiculous it is.

There is literally no reason Hearn can't wait until December if he wants to make it happen in April.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing