The general boxing thread

Re: The general boxing thread

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm going to watch one of his fights later.

Anyone can look quick and relaxed on the pads, its in actual combat where it'll show true or not.

I hope he does make it back, we need a trio here not just Wilder vs Joshua as if its a KO victory the HW entertainment will practically end there.

With Fury in the fray that could lead to not one super fight but at least three.

I really want to get back in the ring myself even if its just for a couple more, even though I'm still training I can't get the hours in cause my jobs so fkin demanding, I don't even finish work till 8pm its a nightmare.

I might try to though, think I'll really regret it otherwise, see if I can keep that undefeated streak going!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Why do you think he beat Klitschko?

Because he couldn't get near Fury and he was hesitant to throw his right due to Tyson's quick counters.

Speed is the reason Fury beat Wlad with ease, while Joshua had to go life and death to get that win.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why do you think he beat Klitschko?

Because he couldn't get near Fury and he was hesitant to throw his right due to Tyson's quick counters.

Speed is the reason Fury beat Wlad with ease, while Joshua had to go life and death to get that win.

Mate I thought you'd know by now styles make fights.

You say Fury beat Klitschko with ease, yet it went to a decision while Joshua stopped him.

Using that as an example then I'll throw you back Chisora went 12 and 10 rounds with Fury while he was stopped by Joshua first time of asking.

So on those results Joshua must be better according to your logic?

Update:
I just watched the Fury vs Klitz fight again, I'll tell you what I think he'll be awkward for Joshua but I think he'd have hell with Wilder.
Wilder will tee him up for bombs and is quick enough to land, Joshua may find it hard to pin Tyson without getting peppered.
Then again if Joshua manages to back him up corner him and land I think he'll KO Fury, but that's an if.
Fury punches very light and that's an issue for him, these guys could turn the heat up on him at any time and won't have much fear of what's coming back.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why do you think he beat Klitschko?

Mate I thought you'd know by now styles make fights.

You say Fury beat Klitschko with ease, yet it went to a decision while Joshua stopped him.

Using that as an example then I'll throw you back Chisora went 12 and 10 rounds with Fury while he was stopped by Joshua first time of asking.

So on those results Joshua must be better according to your logic?

Update:
I just watched the Fury vs Klitz fight again, I'll tell you what I think he'll be awkward for Joshua but I think he'd have hell with Wilder.
Wilder will tee him up for bombs and is quick enough to land, Joshua may find it hard to pin Tyson without getting peppered.
Then again if Joshua manages to back him up corner him and land I think he'll KO Fury, but that's an if.
Fury punches very light and that's an issue for him, these guys could turn the heat up on him at any time and won't have much fear of what's coming back.

My post had nothing to do with Fury being better than Joshua (though he is), it was to highlight his speed (which you doubted).

Hence the reason I used his fight with Klitschko as an example; against one of the best HW's of all time Fury came out unscathed and was never in any trouble, plus he made Klistchko keep his hands at home due to the threat of the counter.

This is just ridiculous and you know it.

Joshua was dropped and arguably behind when he stopped Wlad in the 11th; Fury beat Wlad going away - but you want to pretend Joshua beat Wlad easier just because he got the stoppage in the end?

You are not dense and you know boxing.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
This is just ridiculous and you know it.

Joshua was dropped and arguably behind when he stopped Wlad in the 11th; Fury beat Wlad going away - but you want to pretend Joshua beat Wlad easier just because he got the stoppage in the end?

Quote me where I said Joshua beat Wlad easier? I said he won by KO / stoppage which is a fact.

I only used that comparison because I thought you were saying Fury is better because he beat Wlad easier, so I raised the KO and the Chisora fights to show styles make fights.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:08 pm

The way you framed this makes it sound like you're suggesting he beat him easier, either that or you're implying you can't win with ease if you go to a decision.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

The way you framed this makes it sound like you're suggesting he beat him easier, either that or you're implying you can't win with ease if you go to a decision.

I'm stating that while you say Fury won with ease via a decision jinking around just being awkward (I re watched it just last night, bored me to death tbh), Joshua may have had to fight harder for the win but at least it was a definitive stoppage and not just via score cards.

The Chisora fight was more my prime example again that while Fury may be quick on his feet he's winning these fights by only going the distance, even the 2nd Chisora fight still went 10 rds.
Joshua is ending these people within good time, so what if he has to mix it up a bit more to do it?

Anyway regardless Fury has quicker feet and is quicker than Joshua, sure, I don't think he's quicker than Wilder "IF" Wilder wanted to fight that way.
When Wilder throws with intention his punches are just as quick, the only reason he may not look as quick is because he uses more of a wide stance and likes to square people up for more power shots.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Aye be on the lookout for Dmitry Bivol.

He's another Eastern European/Asian hybrid like GGG.

Very fast hands and KO power.

Could be the next big thing.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm

Browne completely floored.

Barely moving. Hope he's okay :(
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Well would you look at that, everyone was focusing on Browne's power in the build-up yet Whyte floors him unconscious. Great win by Whyte, hopefully Browne is okay.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Whyte was never trouble.

Browne is just far too slow but he is 38.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 pm

So the guy who didn't start boxing until he was 29 got flatlined?

Consider me shocked.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:53 pm

That fat bloke was the worst boxer I think I’ve ever seen

Even more than that prince clown Joshua banged
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Jesus. Now Whyte is gobbing off in his post match interview thinking he's the best again.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Sims wrote:That fat bloke was the worst boxer I think I’ve ever seen

Even more than that prince clown Joshua banged

Well he is a genuine pubber... like, literally.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing