An embarrassment to British boxing

Re: An embarrassment to British boxing

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Lol I actually hadn't seen the post fight afters until a few mins ago, what a pair of muppets.
Chorizo sausage saying he'd shoot Haye, another total loser, was laughable. The heavyweight division is over unfortunately, if they need 2 losers mouthing off "after" a fight that no one cared about, to even make the news, then boxing is well and truly dead.
Chorizo sausage is a pony fighter who wouldn't have been allowed near a championship fight 20 years ago.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Haye is a proper scumbag and should serve time for this. He instigated it, threw the first punch (probably the only punch as he ran away after) and there's clear footage of him bottling Chisora and hitting anyone within 6 feet of him with a bar stool.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Haye is a proper scumbag and should serve time for this. He instigated it, threw the first punch (probably the only punch as he ran away after) and there's clear footage of him bottling Chisora and hitting anyone within 6 feet of him with a bar stool.

I can't believe he actually glassed Chisora. He should be put away for that.
There are kids that probably look up to him so he should be heavily punished as an example.
The pair of them are twats and they deserve everything they get. What was Haye hecking for anyway? Just desperate for publicity.
And why did no-one stop Chisora from getting out of his seat and walking all the way to the back of the room to confront Haye?

The way that bottle shattered into a million pieces I'm starting to wonder if it was one of those sugar glass things that actors use on TV...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 am

Didn't see Haye using a bottle, if so he's a dirtbag. Well he's a scummer anyway but getting into it with Chorizo after a fight and using a bottle is well out of order. Chorizo sausage is not free of blame though, like Haye before he fought Klitshko he was mouthing off to an unacceptable degree. They are both f***ing scumbag losers if you ask me and both should be banned forever.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 am

David Haye says he will assist the boxing authorities in their enquiries into the now infamous Munich brawl on Saturday night, but has blamed Dereck Chisora for the fracas.

The British heavyweight duo were involved in an ugly, bloody bust-up following Chisora's points defeat to WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko.

German police released Chisora without charge and are still hoping to speak to Haye, although the Briton's whereabouts remain unknown.

Haye today released a statement through his promoters in which he promised to co-operate with any investigation which takes place.

He said: "I realise I am no angel - and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile - but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented."

However, Haye went on to place the blame for the shameful scenes at the door of Chisora who he insisted had instigated the scuffle.

The statement did not specify his whereabouts, but the British fighter claimed he left Munich on Sunday morning due to the threats he had received from Chisora.

"Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend," Haye's statement read.

Aggressive manner

"Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner.

"I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love.

"Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos. Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions. The confrontation then reignited, however, and both (Chisora's trainer) Don Charles and (Haye's manager) Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.

"I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he (Chisora) caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love."
David Haye Quotes of the week

"Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

"I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would defuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

"Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening."

Munich Police spokesman Gottfried Schlicht said: "I don't know whether British police have been contacted yet because that is the job of the court, not the Munich Police.

"We have to ask the court in Munich and the court goes to Scotland Yard or wherever in the UK.

"That is likely to happen but I don't know how long the process will take. My opinion is that it should or will happen as soon as possible but I can't say whether that will take days or weeks. I don't know."

Schlicht admits detectives are at an impasse until Haye is located, adding: "Until we speak to Haye, nothing more can happen.

"We need both sides. We've heard Dereck Chisora and now we wait to hear David Haye."

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... uthorities

I thought the bottlling was a reaction to Chisora threatening to shoot Haye... thought he might have got away with it as a result. As dodgey as boxing is, I can't see Haye getting away with it now. What could Chisora possibly have said for the governing bodies, police, or anyone else to say "yea, I suppose a bottle over his nut was fair!" :think:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 am

"Classless boxers crave media attention" - that should have been the headline. I don't have any respect for either boxer anyway, so i don't care what happens to them. But put it this way.....cctv helps police catch and sentence people for this sort of fighting every weekend all over the world.....with the amount of media documenting this punch-up, the 2 fighters need to be done for this.

Bad publicity stunt gone wrong? That would be my opinion.
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

An embarrassment to British boxing

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:21 pm

David Haye on that sunday night show now
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:David Haye on that sunday night show now

Is he making excuses like he did after Klitschko beat seven shades of shite out of him? Haye is a complete and utter loser who won a belt fighting an even bigger loser than he is.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:15 am

Dereck Chisora has been banned indefinitely by the World Boxing Council following his conduct before and after his title fight against Vitali Klitschko.

The British heavyweight failed in his bid to take the WBC belt from defending champion Klitschko in Munich on February 18.

"The WBC will also take off from the WBC rankings the name of Dereck Chisora and declare an indefinite suspension against fighting again for a WBC title, while demanding Chisora to take an anger management medical treatment after which his suspension will be reconsidered."
WBC statement Quotes of the week

In the post-fight press conference Chisora became embroiled in a brawl with British rival David Haye, though he was released without charge after being questioned by German police.

The 28-year-old had already courted controversy before the bout by slapping his Ukrainian opponent at the weigh-in. He then spat water at Klitschko's brother Wladimir ahead of the opening bell at the Olympiahalle.

In a statement the WBC declared Chisora had committed "one of the worst behaviours ever by a professional boxer" and said the suspension would not be reconsidered until he had undertaken anger management classes.

He has also been hit with a "serious fine", which will be determined later at a hearing, and immediately removed from the WBC's rankings.
Condemnation

"The WBC is absolutely condemning the behaviours that are not to be accepted in boxing under any circumstances and will act as soon as it can proceed to impose the fines and sanctions as we consider necessary," the statement read.

"The WBC is imposing a serious fine to be finally determined after the hearing.

"The WBC will also take off from the WBC rankings the name of Dereck Chisora and declare an indefinite suspension against fighting again for a WBC title, while demanding Chisora to take an anger management medical treatment after which his suspension will be reconsidered."

The WBC statement made no mention of Haye, who is currently unlicensed after announcing his retirement towards the end of last year. The former WBA champion left Germany after the altercation and is still wanted for questioning.

Chisora has been summoned to appear before a British Boxing Board of Control hearing on March 14.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... ded-by-WBC
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
VCC wrote:Take there licences off them,that is what happens in the amature ranks here caught fighting in public we ban them from the ring,

Yeah, I've got students who have lost their licence for less! Otherwise what message does it send out?

+1
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Boxing