Major suspicious goings on in Khan/Peterson fight

Major suspicious goings on in Khan/Peterson fight

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm not sure if anyone's been following this... But after the Amir Khan / Lamont Peterson fight, there was some controversy surrounding the decision. Point deductions, cards being tampered with etc.

Now there's been some footage of a 4th "unknown man" talking to the DC Commissioner on the panel and taking/giving the judges different scorecards.

Someone from Golden Boy promotions has now come out and said they've found out who the guy is and that there's some definite fixing going on but he still needs to investigate further.

Here you can see the man and what he's doing: He's in the blue shirt and black hat to the right hand side of the judging panel

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/01/ ... ecard.html
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Major suspicious goings on in Khan/Peterson fight

Postby djaxster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:51 pm

There's going to be a press release from the IBF as the WBA have said they don't know who this man is a maybe an IBF offical.
The statement will be released later in the USA so we may not know until tomorrow morning.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Ive been following this most of the day and night. I really do think the fight should be void and replayed. There are so many things that are suspicious and this just tops it all. I mean the actual judge, well 2 of them, wasn't even watching the fight in the later rounds!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby djaxster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Trina wrote:Ive been following this most of the day and night. I really do think the fight should be void and replayed. There are so many things that are suspicious and this just tops it all. I mean the actual judge, well 2 of them, wasn't even watching the fight in the later rounds!

Also Boss, Did you see that one of the score cards had points crossed out/changed but then they should another one that was different...Defo something going on...
And how comes when a Brit/ Euro fighter fights a Yank belt holder, in the USA they have to KO or at least put them on the floor to get the win, yet when our belt holders go out there they lose on points. :dontknow:
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah the scorecard thing was definatley a strange one too, and how long after the fight it took them to announce the winner.

I dont think Khan had a great fight at all, but I can understand him taking it further, especially when its his title that has been taken. He should of still won it on points.

There was an interview from someone at the Peterson camp earlier as Khan has been asking for a rematch regardless of the outcome to all this. He was just going around things saying maybe later at some point bla bla.

I really hope it gets void and has to be done again because I think Khan would smash him.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 pm

There's also the fact this guy was celebrating with the Peterson camp after the fight. Khan was informed he'd won 2-1 but then the ring announcer had the score cards taken off him and given new ones; he told Khan afterwards he'd been informed of a 2-1 victory in his (Khan's) favour.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing them fight again. Proper scrap it was.
The rematch will hopefully be just as good.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:56 pm

After watching it again I still don't see how Khan can argue. My points tally was the same as when I watched it the first time. If he was so f***ing stupid and listened to the ref, he would of won. Simple as.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:After watching it again I still don't see how Khan can argue. My points tally was the same as when I watched it the first time. If he was so f***ing stupid and listened to the ref, he would of won. Simple as.

I think the Khan camp are being clever. Bring up all sorts of conspiracy theories so they get a rematch. They should have had a rematch in the contract but I believe they thought Amir would win in a canter.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:53 pm

It's nothing to do w/ the fight - Khan knows he had a poor fight.

The point is, the video clearly shows the guy trying to sit in one of the officials seats first (DC Commissioner)

He's then moved next to Khan's brother/dad... But by Round 2 he was sitting next to the commissioner... He's talking to the commissioner; whilst passing score cards back and forth down the table of the panel...

All of which are illegal.

He is pointing at the scorecard as DC Commissioner is writing on it, taking it and passing it back down the line - again, illegal.

The announcer informed Khan that he had a 2-1 win; but they were roughly taken off of him and a different set then given to him, going the other way... Before he could announce it.

Same bloke is then seen celebrating with Lamont Peterson's camp, in the ring - After the match.

IBF/DCC/WBA all said they had NO idea who the bloke was; but then it came to light he is indeed a member of the IBF but NOT for the panel of this particular fight. IBF are refusing to let anybody know the identity of the man but Golden Boy Promotions have now figured it out and will apparently be approaching higher bodies regarding it.

----

Not actually sure why Khan and his camp are actually being knocked for this? Whether or not he fought badly & would have lost anyway there were some suspicious activities going on and fixing a big possibility.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:38 pm

The bloke he is seen talking to isn't actually a judge, he's a representative from the IBF so he has nothing to do with the way the fight was scored. While it does look somewhat dodgy (it is boxing after all) personally I do not think it was anything illegal, just out of the ordinary.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:The bloke he is seen talking to isn't actually a judge, he's a representative from the IBF so he has nothing to do with the way the fight was scored. While it does look somewhat dodgy (it is boxing after all) personally I do not think it was anything illegal, just out of the ordinary.

He was talking to the DC Commissioner and the other 3 judges throughout the fight.

That is illegal.

He was handing out and taking back actual scorecards (one from each of the judges as they're all different colours)

That is illegal.

It's already been established that what was going on is against the rules and is being looked into mate.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Had Khan won Peterson should be looking at a fix. So where do we draw the line.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Had Khan won Peterson should be looking at a fix. So where do we draw the line.

The bloke wouldn't have been celebrating with the Khan camp had he won, he was with the Peterson boys. So, no I doubt they would have.

He was committing acts known to be illegal in the sport... The D.C Commissioner should have had him removed instantly but they didn't.

How anyone can argue it was "nothing to moan about" when it's caught clear as day in photos and videos what he was doing is beyond me lol.

And now the IBF are attempting to cover it up by refusing to reveal who the man actually is.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:06 am

He deserved to lose. If he was going to win and it was fixed, justice was done.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to Boxing